Come on Nef,
my posts are not boring. :lol:
The subject is though. ;)

DreamRyder

Re: Biden to be impeached

Post by DreamRyder » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:18 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:42 am

.......But there is strong evidence that Joe Biden is a very corrupt crook.
It even borders on treason as it involves foreign powers.
In the entire United States Constitution there is but one (1) crime defined, & that is Treason. There is but one definition that can be used by the American System of Justice, & it's the one defined in the Constitution.

Article III, Section 3, Clause 1:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Now, the United States is not at war with anyone (war pertains to a state of 'declared' war), therefore by the Constitution's own definition above, no person can be charged with treason against America during peacetime. Also, 'officially' America, not being in the state of war with anyone, America has no enemies. 'Unofficially' though, America has enemies everywhere, but regarding Treason, she has none......

Last edited by DreamRyder on Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..............Arguing with people who have lost all sense of reason is like administering medicine to the dead

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:25 pm

I think the words "or in adhering to their enemies"
may need some attention...
Has the USA got any enemies...
What constitutes "an enemy" by definition....
If the Constitution had read "AND in adhering to their enemies" I would agree....
I am not a Constitutional expert....perhaps Texan could comment on this topic....
OR has generally been accepted as meaning "one or the other"
AND would mean both....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

DreamRyder

Post by DreamRyder » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:07 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:25 pm
I think the words "or in adhering to their enemies"
may need some attention...
Has the USA got any enemies...
What constitutes "an enemy" by definition....
If the Constitution had read "AND in adhering to their enemies" I would agree....
I am not a Constitutional expert....perhaps Texan could comment on this topic....
OR has generally been accepted as meaning "one or the other"
AND would mean both....
Source: https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/r ... reason.htm
Providing Aid or Comfort

Providing aid or comfort to the enemy covers a variety of actions, from providing financial assistance to harboring an enemy soldier. Any intentional act that furthers the enemy’s hostile designs or weakens the United States gives aid and comfort to, and “adheres to,” the enemy.

● Sympathy alone. Sympathy for the enemy by itself doesn’t constitute aiding or comforting. Rather, the actor must take some kind of action to provide aid or comfort.

Time of war. Treason by aiding the enemy can’t be committed during peacetime; there must be an actual enemy for the traitor to aid. The requisite enemy designation typically requires a formal declaration of war.

● Attempt. Someone can be convicted of treason even if the attempt to aid isn’t successful or the enemy’s goal isn’t achieved.

..............Arguing with people who have lost all sense of reason is like administering medicine to the dead

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:16 pm

DreamRyder wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:18 pm
Bobby wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:42 am

.......But there is strong evidence that Joe Biden is a very corrupt crook.
It even borders on treason as it involves foreign powers.
In the entire United States Constitution there is but one (1) crime defined, & that is Treason. There is but one definition that can be used by the American System of Justice, & it's the one defined in the Constitution.

Article III, Section 3, Clause 1:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Now, the United States is not at war with anyone (war pertains to a state of 'declared' war), therefore by the Constitution's own definition above, no person can be charged with treason against America during peacetime. Also, 'officially' America, not being in the state of war with anyone, America has no enemies. 'Unofficially' though, America has enemies everywhere, but regarding Treason, she has none......

OK but we'll hang em anyway .

neverforget7/11

Post by neverforget7/11 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:09 am

I responded to the letter of impeachment in another thread, but this seems like the appropriate one so I thought I might expand slightly.

1. Many of the claims made in the letter arer levelled at Hunter Biden, a private citizen. Can you impeach a father for his son's actions? I hope not.

2. The conduct alleged happened well before Trump's presidency. Why didn't he take action during his entire 4 years as President? Could it be that the conduct wasn't illegal and that this action now is politically motivated? There are also further questions about whether someone can be impeached on something they did in another office, where they have since returned to private citizenship. Certainly in a court of law one would be able to argue that the issue is not in controversy, and thus should be dismissed.

3. Ukraine has already investigated all this conduct anyways, and not found reason to seek a criminal conviction, including that Biden may have pressured for the sacking of their officials.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... r-n1247320

https://www.aap.com.au/no-joe-biden-has ... n-ukraine/

You will note that the replacement also continued to investigate Biden and found no wrong doing.