The Hidden Hand of ISIS: An American Fuck-Up

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
mantra

Re: The Hidden Hand of ISIS: An American Fuck-Up

Post by mantra » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:27 pm

Rorschach wrote:Read more up to date articles and look at what is really happening FD.
They are looking for people to create Chemical weapons for them.
I hardly call the amatuer tinkering, (or driving a truck with Chlorine gas leaking from it), to be some supply of high or even medium level viable Chemical Weaponry. Unpleasant as it may be.
BTW that's why they are seeking people with chemistry and weapons backgrounds to make such weapons for them.
Oh and fd from the same article...
Ms Bishop said the use of chlorine by IS and the recruitment of "highly technically trained professionals", including from the West, revealed serious efforts to develop chemical weapons.

"Daesh is likely to have amongst its tens of thousands of recruits the technical expertise necessary to further refine precursor materials and build chemical weapons," she said.

Cabinet Minister Mathias Cormann said it would be "absolutely terrible" if IS was able to get hold of "chemical, biological or, even worse, nuclear weapons".
That's right so far it's playing with gas cylinders and trucks, not actually a truly weaponised chemical in sight.
So the government is just ramping up the fear level again? A lot of people won't distinguish the difference between a chemical weapon or a chlorine attack.
BAGHDAD — Kurdish authorities in Iraq said Saturday they have evidence that the Islamic State group used chlorine gas as a chemical weapon against peshmerga fighters, the latest alleged atrocity carried out the extremist organization now under attack in Tikrit.

The allegation by the Kurdistan Region Security Council, stemming from a Jan. 23 suicide truck bomb attack in northern Iraq, did not immediately draw a reaction from the Islamic State group, which holds a third of Iraq and neighboring Syria in its self-declared caliphate. However, Iraqi officials and Kurds fighting in Syria have made similar allegations about the militants using the low-grade chemical weapons against them.

In a statement, the council said the alleged chemical attack took place on a road between Iraq’s second-largest city, Mosul, and the Syrian border, as peshmerga forces fought to seize a vital supply line used by the Sunni militants. It said its fighters later found “around 20 gas canisters” that had been loaded onto the truck involved in the attack.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/m ... d-chemica/
Still the Americans would be able to tell whether this chemical attack was genuine or not. They are experts in the field of weapons of mass destruction.

1. The U.S. Military Dumped 20 Million Gallons of Chemicals on Vietnam from 1962 - 1971
2. Israel Attacked Palestinian Civilians with White Phosphorus in 2008 - 2009
3. Washington Attacked Iraqi Civilians with White Phosphorus in 2004
4. The CIA Helped Saddam Hussein Massacre Iranians and Kurds with Chemical Weapons in 1988
5. The Army Tested Chemicals on Residents of Poor, Black St. Louis Neighborhoods in The 1950s
6. Police Fired Tear Gas at Occupy Protesters in 2011
7. The FBI Attacked Men, Women, and Children With Tear Gas in Waco in 1993
8. The U.S. Military Littered Iraq with Toxic Depleted Uranium in 2003
9. The U.S. Military Killed Hundreds of Thousands of Japanese Civilians with Napalm from 1944 - 1945
10. The U.S. Government Dropped Nuclear Bombs on Two Japanese Cities in 1945

freediver

Post by freediver » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:40 pm

A lot of people won't distinguish the difference between a chemical weapon or a chlorine attack.
Luckily they explained the 'difference' in the article.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:49 pm

freediver wrote:
They are looking for people to create Chemical weapons for them.
Perhaps they don't have Bunnings over there. I've heard it's a pretty backwards place.
I hardly call the amatuer tinkering, (or driving a truck with Chlorine gas leaking from it), to be some supply of high or even medium level viable Chemical Weaponry. Unpleasant as it may be.
I don't see some line in the sand between amateur and professional chemical weapons. Do you? Perhaps you are merely reading too much between the lines.
yes I do... try doing some research and maybe you'll better understand.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:21 pm

freediver wrote:So you think post WWII Germany would have been better off if the Nazis had retained power?

You appear to be confusing the achievement of de-Nazification with a reversal of policy on de-Nazification. It was never intended to be another holocaust.

I did not imply that. The West Germans quickly realized that purging the system of all former Nazis would not work and later the Americans did too.

freediver

Post by freediver » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:45 pm

What about the gestappo? I hope they didn't get rid of them. They were great at keeping the peace.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:09 pm

freediver wrote:What about the gestappo? I hope they didn't get rid of them. They were great at keeping the peace.
You are being silly Freediver. The complete Baathist purge was a mistake. Some middle-ground could have been found.

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:52 am

Rorschach wrote:Do they have chemical weapons mantra?
No.
However Syria were in receipt of such weapons from Iraq in the last war with Iraq.
Depends on whether you consider chlorine gas a chemical weapon or not.
IS has used it, just like Assad's crew have.

Most people don't realise how easy chemical weapons are to make.
Most chemical weapons are just high grade pesticide, a nerve toxin.
Sarin and Mustard gas are reasonably simple to manufacture too.

Personally I think we should abolish the Australia Group and begin making chemical and biological weapons ourselves. When we come up against China we'll need bio-weapons.

Bio-warfare has been around for centuries.
Long ago body parts of those who'd died from bubonic plague were catapaulted over fortress/castle walls.
The Brits in Canada hosted a peace/truce meeting with Amerindians allied to the French.
Gave the Indians blankets infected with smallpox and decimated their tribes within 2 months.
I read 2 volumes of war crimes trials the Russians held when prosecuting WW2 Japanese officers concerning their use of bio-weapons in China and Manchuria (had 2 testing grounds - 1 indoor and 1 outdoor - used Russians to test effects on caucasians). The Japs effectively spread bubonic plague on Chinese populations via dropping infected flees in corked porcelain vials from planes and Cholera in wells.
The US admits using bio-warfare agents sprayed from bombers on Chinese and North Koreans in the Korean war.

That's just a few examples off the top of my head, there's heaps more if you bother to research it.

What people have to realise, is other cultures have different rules or ethics or seemingly none at all (Han Chinese) and you don't win wars by playing Mr Nice Guy.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

freediver

Post by freediver » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:40 am

You are being silly Freediver. The complete Baathist purge was a mistake. Some middle-ground could have been found.
Middle ground? Yogi is arguing we should have lined them up and shot them. All of them. Either that, or put them back in charge of the place. Both are better options according to him.

762NATO

Post by 762NATO » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 am

Yogi is right, hopefully they will get their chemical experts and put it to good use . I would be happy to lend them my spray rig :mrgreen:

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:43 pm

freediver wrote:
Middle ground? Yogi is arguing we should have lined them up and shot them. All of them. Either that, or put them back in charge of the place. Both are better options according to him.
Get it right FD.
I stated #1 we shouldn't have invaded in the first place.
#2 Once invaded, we should have left those with admin experience in place to keep the place functioning.
#3 Failing #1 and #2 we should have exterminated the Bath party completely, lest they seek revenge via proxy terrorism like Iran, Libya or North Korea.

My argument from start to finish, has been either leave the supposed monster alone, or kill it completely. Half arsed measures have a tenancy to come back and bite you on the arse.

Your argument has been, continue making excuses ad infintium for what is obviously a monumental blunder.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?