US Gun Stupidity.

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Rorschach

US Gun Stupidity.

Post by Rorschach » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:24 pm

To stop a bad guy with a gun... it takes, a good guy, with a gun
NRA Chief, Wayne LaPierre.
Trump told state and local officials gathered at the White House on Thursday to discuss school safety that "you can't hire enough security guards" and teachers could carry concealed weapons and "nobody would know who they are." He said that teachers would go through "rigorous training" and could get "a little bit of a bonus."
Donald Trump, POTUS.
But hey Donald also said he doesn't want Teachers with guns. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Here's one for you... IF THE BAD GUY NEVER HAD A GUN IN THE FIRST PLACE A GOOD GUY WOULDN'T NEED A GUN

I suppose they could convert used gaols into schools... :du
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Neferti

Re: US Gun Stupidity.

Post by Neferti » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Apparently, the Florida high school had an armed Deputy at the school but he failed to enter the school and confront the shooter! So much for that idea.
Fort Lauderdale: The armed sheriff's deputy assigned to the Florida high school where 17 people were shot and killed has resigned rather than face suspension after an internal investigation showed he failed to enter the school to confront the gunman during the attack, the county sheriff said on Thursday.

Deputy Scott Peterson, who was on duty and in uniform as the resource officer posted at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, was the only law enforcement officer present at the campus during the six-minute rampage last Wednesday, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

Peterson's actions were caught on video during the massacre, which ranks as the second-deadliest shooting ever at a US public school, carried out by a lone gunman wielding a semiautomatic AR-15-style assault rifle.

“What I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of Building 12, take up a position and he never went in,” Israel said, referring to the building on campus, popularly known as the "freshman building," where authorities said the bulk of the shooting occurred.
'

http://www.smh.com.au/world/deputy-at-f ... 4z1ew.html

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Neferti~ wrote:Apparently, the Florida high school had an armed Deputy at the school but he failed to enter the school and confront the shooter! So much for that idea.
Fort Lauderdale: The armed sheriff's deputy assigned to the Florida high school where 17 people were shot and killed has resigned rather than face suspension after an internal investigation showed he failed to enter the school to confront the gunman during the attack, the county sheriff said on Thursday.

Deputy Scott Peterson, who was on duty and in uniform as the resource officer posted at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, was the only law enforcement officer present at the campus during the six-minute rampage last Wednesday, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

Peterson's actions were caught on video during the massacre, which ranks as the second-deadliest shooting ever at a US public school, carried out by a lone gunman wielding a semiautomatic AR-15-style assault rifle.

“What I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of Building 12, take up a position and he never went in,” Israel said, referring to the building on campus, popularly known as the "freshman building," where authorities said the bulk of the shooting occurred.
'

http://www.smh.com.au/world/deputy-at-f ... 4z1ew.html
Coward of the County... :evil:
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man Q WWG1WGA ▄︻╦デ╤一

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:00 pm

This rsole was reported to the FBI on at least 2 occasions and they did NOTHING>>>
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man Q WWG1WGA ▄︻╦デ╤一

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Weeks before last week's school shooting in Florida, a member of the public called the FBI about the shooter, Nikolas Cruz. The caller warned about Cruz's weapons, his desire to kill people and his potential to carry out a school shooting. That call went to a center in West Virginia instead of a local field office, and the information never made it back to Florida. The FBI opened that call center about five years ago. Earlier, I spoke with Ron Hosko. He spent almost 30 years at the FBI and retired as assistant director in 2014. I asked him why the bureau switched to a centralized call center in the first place.

RON HOSKO: You had complaint agents being assigned to complaint duty. I was one of them in my younger days in the FBI. And you spent the day listening to complainants who wanted to share tips and clues. But what the FBI decided to do was try to economize and centralize, saving all that individual agent time in field offices and offset it with professional staff employees who were instructed about FBI jurisdiction, and violations and how to interface with the public - and so a good idea, but I'm sure right now being re-evaluated.

SHAPIRO: So do you think the underlying problem is that the call center was centralized in one place for the entire country? I mean, what is the flaw?

HOSKO: Today, we don't know. And I understand that the director has sent an inspection team up there to pull it apart and find out, is this a people problem? Is this a training problem? Is this a technology problem? This is a failure by the FBI. When specific, detailed information comes in - here, a school shooting, as tragic, as horrific as any school shooting is and can be, and this one was - that is not really the basis for FBI jurisdiction. This is a tragic, local murder 17 times over, but the FBI doesn't have a lead role. However, when you get information like this that is specific and is actionable, what you want to do is get that with all due haste to an investigative agency that that would cover the territory so they can take action.
Very sad thing but it sounds like a result of cost cutting.

cods

Post by cods » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:30 pm

The Mechanic wrote:This rsole was reported to the FBI on at least 2 occasions and they did NOTHING>>>

they claimed they couldnt find him and he was using his own name... go figure!

at least the kids are doing something they are the ones that are traumatised by these shooting they witness them live in fear under a school desk then see their class mates shot dead... it seems to be almost every State in America has had at least one shooting like this MASS MURDER....

and the kids are going to March on Washington....lets face it these kids will be voting soon.. lets hope they take down every congressmans name who votes against any gun reform......... and never ever vote for them....

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:41 am

Teachers with guns?

What if a teacher goes insane and starts shooting the kids?

I thought many of my secondary teachers were a bit crazy.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:10 am

America .... where you can't buy cigarettes or alcohol until you are 21 but you can give them a gun for their 10th birthday!

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:43 am

Well that sounds completely insane Nef.... no wonder they have problems over there.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

cods

Post by cods » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:26 am

Neferti~ wrote:America .... where you can't buy cigarettes or alcohol until you are 21 but you can give them a gun for their 10th birthday!

grog and smoking werent a national problem when they wrote the Constitution nef.....

this is the problem with the gun lobby...any idiot would take into account when the founding fathers wrote the right to bare arms...

gun powder muskets was what l they were referring too....I doubt anyone had a visions of AK47 in mind....

you know how that have that debt clock in New York... maybe they should have a Murder by Guns clock...by insane murderers......