US Gun Stupidity.

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Neferti

Re: US Gun Stupidity.

Post by Neferti » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:12 am

cods wrote: grog and smoking werent a national problem when they wrote the Constitution nef.....

this is the problem with the gun lobby...any idiot would take into account when the founding fathers wrote the right to bare arms...

gun powder muskets was what l they were referring too....I doubt anyone had a visions of AK47 in mind....

you know how that have that debt clock in New York... maybe they should have a Murder by Guns clock...by insane murderers......
:rofl :rofl Sorry "bare arms" always makes he laugh. :rofl :rofl
bare arms.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cods

Post by cods » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:40 am

ahhh now I am not against that! ;)

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:54 pm

there are now 4 confirmed armed personnel who were at the site while the shooter was slaughtering kids

and they all hid behind their cars and didn't go in...

they just hid there listening to gun shots and bloody curtailing screams...

im so angry I could spit... :evil:
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man Q WWG1WGA ▄︻╦デ╤一

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:56 pm

The Mechanic wrote:there are now 4 confirmed armed personnel who were at the site while the shooter was slaughtering kids

and they all hid behind their cars and didn't go in...

they just hid there listening to gun shots and bloody curtailing screams...

im so angry I could spit... :evil:

All 4 of them should be hanged for cowardice in the face of the enemy.

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:26 pm

Armed School Guard AND 3 BROWARD COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPUTIES Waited Outside Parkland HS During Shooting

February 23, 2018 by Jim Hoft

The armed officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas School waited outside while crazed killer Nikolas Cruz was inside the building gunning down students.

Seventeen children and adults were slaughtered by Cruz in a February 14th attack.

ABC News reported:

A Marjory Stoneman Douglas school resource officer has been suspended without pay after Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said video shows him taking up a defensive position during the shooting but never entering the school.

Israel announced Thursday that the decision to suspend Deputy Scot Peterson was made after reviewing video from the shooting and taking statements from witnesses and Peterson himself, Israel said.

“He should have went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer,” Israel said.

Peterson was armed and on campus during the shooting Israel said. Since he met the requirements for retirement, Peterson opted to resign after he was told he was being suspended, Israel said. :evil:

On Friday CNN reported that three Broward County Sheriff’s Deputies waited outside the school during the shooting.
This is a stunning development.

CNN reported:

When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff’s Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff’s deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff’s deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.

Many police officers were surprised to find that not only the armed school resource officer but 3 other Broward County sheriff’s deputies were outside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School during the shooting crisis and hadn’t entered, sources tell CNN https://t.co/NmW076ZQbz pic.twitter.com/QwruFVOyzc

— CNN International (@cnni) February 23, 2018

Mike Cernovich nails it.

Immediate calls for gun control, but now we’ve learned

– FBI did not act on tip.

– Local police called 39 times.

– School officer HID when shooting happened, listening in safety the entire time.

Will there be town hall to confront these failures by police at all levels?
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man Q WWG1WGA ▄︻╦デ╤一

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:42 am

Neferti~ wrote:Apparently, the Florida high school had an armed Deputy at the school but he failed to enter the school and confront the shooter! So much for that idea.
Fort Lauderdale: The armed sheriff's deputy assigned to the Florida high school where 17 people were shot and killed has resigned rather than face suspension after an internal investigation showed he failed to enter the school to confront the gunman during the attack, the county sheriff said on Thursday.

Deputy Scott Peterson, who was on duty and in uniform as the resource officer posted at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, was the only law enforcement officer present at the campus during the six-minute rampage last Wednesday, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

Peterson's actions were caught on video during the massacre, which ranks as the second-deadliest shooting ever at a US public school, carried out by a lone gunman wielding a semiautomatic AR-15-style assault rifle.

“What I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of Building 12, take up a position and he never went in,” Israel said, referring to the building on campus, popularly known as the "freshman building," where authorities said the bulk of the shooting occurred.
'

http://www.smh.com.au/world/deputy-at-f ... 4z1ew.html

Maybe the next time they are looking to employ a deputy they should stick a hand down his pants and see if he has any balls.

Mistress Nicole

Post by Mistress Nicole » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:43 pm

I can see both sides of this debate. I'm on my phone ATM so can't research it, but I'm pretty sure mass gun shootings of the type seen in Florida are a relatively new phenomenon. What about the social risks for lone gunmen like this, such as:

- breakdown of the nuclear family
- both parents having to work creating "latchkey" kids
- impact of violent media including but not limited to video games

Don't get me wrong; I think America needs to get a handle on guns. But I think there's more feeding in. I'll do some research around gun crime on the weekend.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:49 pm

A 9 year old boy shot his 13 year old sister, DEAD, because she wouldn't hand of the controller of a video game! Why are loaded guns left around for little kids to grab and use?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mississipp ... ontroller/

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:41 pm

There obviously need to be stricter regulations on auto and semi auto weapons in the US but what really gets to me is that 'we' go ballistic and get on our high horses when there is a shooting in America (and yes it is tragic) where there are almost 330 million people, most of whom are armed, yet in Sydney where the population is 5 million (and supposedly unarmed) we are seeing shootings almost nightly in the western and south western suburbs and where is the outrage?

That's right there is none!

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:56 pm

Black Orchid wrote:There obviously need to be stricter regulations on auto and semi auto weapons in the US but what really gets to me is that 'we' go ballistic and get on our high horses when there is a shooting in America (and yes it is tragic) where there are almost 330 million people, most of whom are armed, yet in Sydney where the population is 5 million (and supposedly unarmed) we are seeing shootings almost nightly in the western and south western suburbs and where is the outrage?

That's right there is none!
WE do NOT hear about the nightly drive by shootings in Sydney. We hear about "Canberra" and that means politicians and I tune out. Point your ANGER to the Media who are not reporting what really happens in Sydney!

Gun stupidity was the topic. My father and mother both had guns. They were stored in the "broom cupboard" with the brooms, amazingly enough ... the ammunition was stored elsewhere and I have no idea where as we as kids did as we were told ... do NOT touch the guns. Yes, Daddy. :mrgreen:

WHY would anybody leave a LOADED GUN lying around for little kids to grab and use?

It really has nothing to do with the USA Gun thing ... it is to do with USA PARENTS being so stupid to leave loaded guns under their pillow, in their handbag, sitting on the coffee table .... don't they LOVE their kids and want to protect them?