US Gun Stupidity.

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Neferti

Re: US Gun Stupidity.

Post by Neferti » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Rorschach wrote:Canberra.... so representative of the rest of Australia eh.... well the way things are going nef it will be really soon :roll: :thumb
For God's sake. CANBERRA, the city of 500,000 people, has absolutely nothing to do with the House on the Hill. Those in Federal Parliament do NOT live in Canberra ... they come here when Parliament is Sitting.

The "Canberra" political system that you seem to be alluding to is the ACT Legislative Assembly ... PHON has never put up a candidate in any ACT election. Why would they? The ALP/Greens have been in power in the ACT for 25+ years. The ACT has always, and forever, been a Labor stronghold. Sadly.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:29 am

Took it the wrong way did you nef?
I was alluding to Canberra and yes you are right when you not Canberra is the political capital of Australia.
And I never mentioned PHON in my last post did I?

Still my point remains Canberra/the ACT is NOT representative of the rest of Australia
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:02 pm

I think Canberra needs a bit more multiculturalism :twisted:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Black Orchid wrote:I think Canberra needs a bit more multiculturalism :twisted:
There's plenty of that here, now. We even have Sudanese "yoofs" wandering around and Indians picking up kids at bus stops and supplying them with grog! If anybody as much as sneezes in Canberra, it is reported in the Canberra Times or RiotACT. :rofl We also have an Annual Multicultural Festival ... :mrgreen:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/

http://the-riotact.com/

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Rorschach wrote:
To stop a bad guy with a gun... it takes, a good guy, with a gun
NRA Chief, Wayne LaPierre.
Trump told state and local officials gathered at the White House on Thursday to discuss school safety that "you can't hire enough security guards" and teachers could carry concealed weapons and "nobody would know who they are." He said that teachers would go through "rigorous training" and could get "a little bit of a bonus."
Donald Trump, POTUS.
But hey Donald also said he doesn't want Teachers with guns. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Here's one for you... IF THE BAD GUY NEVER HAD A GUN IN THE FIRST PLACE A GOOD GUY WOULDN'T NEED A GUN

I suppose they could convert used gaols into schools... :du
Guns are great. everyone should have one ,

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:47 pm

I've fired several... I disagree...
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Rorschach wrote:Took it the wrong way did you nef?
I was alluding to Canberra and yes you are right when you not Canberra is the political capital of Australia.
And I never mentioned PHON in my last post did I?

Still my point remains Canberra/the ACT is NOT representative of the rest of Australia
AGREED. They are not OUR/Canberran pollies, they are YOUR pollies .... YOU VOTED FOR THEM ... claim them and stop yelling that CANBERRA has a problem with politicians. Canberra is your usual large country town ... crime is minimal ... health and education is probably slightly above elsewhere. Jobs are available.

I lived in Melbourne and then Sydney ... like everybody else I didn't think I would stay in Canberra when I arrived here ... but I have and it is much larger than a country town, so less gossip ... I doubt anybody that I worked with remembers my name .... and that is fine with me. :mrgreen:

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Some Australians voted for 1 of them.... HOR that is.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Rorschach wrote:Some Australians voted for 1 of them.... HOR that is.
That's nice. :mrgreen:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:32 am

I got this from an American friend this morning. Interesting.

To those with an open mind and searching for the truth, here is some education for you.

Guns.jpg
Not really going to get into with anybody on this but for what its worth here is some education for you. At the top of this picture is an evil black rifle an XM-15e2. On the bottom is an M1 Carbine. Both can hold 30 round magazines. Both have the same rate of fire. Both are available to the civilian market. One was invented for war to defeat oppressive governments that were murdering millions of defenseless and unarmed citizens. Yes that would be the wooden one.
The M1 was manufactured in WW2 and millions were made. After the war many of our boys came home with their M1's and even more were sold to the civilian markets by the CMP [ed. Canadian Mounted Police] for $20 dollars a piece. "My grandfather bought one."

So yes evil assault rifles "your terminology not mine" have been around for decades. So here is the question. How did we have thousands upon thousands of men return home from some of the most horrific fighting the world has even seen, have access to the M1 and didn't go around killing innocents? Access? Nope. You could go to Sears and buy an M1. You didn't even have to be 18 to purchase one in the 50's. To buy a handgun you have to be 21, that didn't change until 1968.

Well today's guns have more firepower. Nope, also not true. Ammo cheaper? Hell no. Much, much cheaper in the 40's and 50's. So try if you will to take the gun out of the picture and put your focus elsewhere? What has changed?

Nuclear family under attack. God removed from school. Prayers forbidden. School administrators not allowed to punish kids anymore. Defeat is not allowed, everyone gets a trophy. Teasing is bullying. Girls should not be treated as girls and boys should not be treated as boys. When in doubt, administer drugs. Games where you kill people or cops you get points for. Movies that glorify violence. 15 minutes of fame given out on social media for stupidity.

Have guns changed? Yes, went from wood to black plastic. Has our society changed? What do you think? Ramble over.

David Burns (Feb. 17, 2018) on Facebook