Russia, Russia, Russia

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Re: Russia, Russia, Russia

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:28 pm

It was an unbelievably stupid thing for him to sanction.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:22 pm

innocent till proven guilty
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:27 pm

My grandma used to live in a high rise next to the Russian consulate in Sydney. When I was about 12 I used to make paper planes and draw American decals and bombs on them and fly them into the Russian consulate. I guess im lucky they didn't get me with pullonium :)

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:32 pm

THE Russian ambassador to Australia has unleashed on the West, saying Moscow is fed up with the propaganda levelled against it.

Russian ambassador to Australia, Grigory Logvinov, also warned “we’ll be deeply in a Cold War situation” if the West continued to punish his country.

During an extraordinary press conference in Canberra today, an angry Mr Logvinov’s defended his country against accusations it was behind the March 4 poisoning attack on Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in the UK.

In his tirade, Mr Logvinov said Australia was following Britain’s lead without having proof that Moscow was behind the attack.

The ambassador also refused to name the two diplomats who were expelled from the embassy in Canberra yesterday and sensationally said the poisoning of Mr Skripal could be “completely fabricated”.

Moscow vehemently denies it is behind the March 4 poisoning attack in the English city of Salisbury, a crime which Britain accused Moscow of committing.

British Prime Minister Theresa May said Moscow could only be responsible for the attack which was carried out using the highly lethal, Russian-made nerve agent Novichok.

More than 130 diplomats have been expelled from 23 countries as the furore surrounding the diplomatic scandal grows.

The Skripals remain in a critical condition in hospital.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:37 pm

However Mr Logvinov said it was important to remember Russia was innocent until proven guilty and it was up to Britain to come up with the evidence.

“My gosh, who has seen the Skripals after their alleged poisoning?,” he asked while insisting Britain needed to prove Russia was behind the incident by providing samples.

“I am asking, who has seen any real medical report besides political statements that they were poisoned with some alleged nerve agent?” he said.

“Actually, how can the British, within one or two days, find that it is a nerve agent which was produced in Russia?

When asked why governments would try to demonise Russia, the ambassador said that was up to London or Washington to answer and Russia wouldn’t be repenting.

“What do they want to see? Their final point? If they want Russia, if they are hopeful for Russia to fall on its knees, to repent and say: ‘Yes, we are a bad place and so on’, you see, it is blasphemy,” he said.

“Because don’t forget, please, Russia has lost more than today’s population of the whole of Australia and we have never surrendered. It sounds like a bad joke to expect Russia to give up and repent.”

Mr Logvinov was defiant when asked if we are in the midst of a new Cold War and simply said: “If the West ... wants it”.

The ambassador’s tirade didn’t end there, aside from taking a huge swipe at the UK, he also compared the US with Stalin.
http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea ... 28830b36c1

Obviously Mr Logvinov is very upset at having to leave his good life in Australia and go back to Russia.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:13 pm

Good grief, what the hell is Bishop wearing? Probably cost a fortune but ......

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Minister for Foreign Affairs Julie Bishop announce the expulsion of two Russian officials yesterday.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:18 pm

I like Julie
her shoulder pads are too pronounced

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:21 pm

Like her or hate her that dress/top she is wearing is hideous.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:42 pm

come on, you could hardly call it hideous

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:11 pm