US Mid Terms 2018

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

US Mid Terms 2018

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Personally I think Trump will win and we will have more riots and wailing from the DemocRATic lefties. Bad manners that lot and very bad losers.

10 states will determine who controls the Senate in 2019.

Neferti

Re: US Mid Terms 2018

Post by Neferti » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:35 pm
Personally I think Trump will win and we will have more riots and wailing from the DemocRATic lefties. Bad manners that lot and very bad losers.
Of course Trump will win, despite the DemocRATS carrying on. Who would the DemocRATS put up? Not Hills again, surely. :rofl

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Black Orchid wrote:

yes, they are bad losers.

Do you know which 10 states they are ?
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:48 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:42 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

Tennessee
Missouri
Nevada
Florida
Arizona
North Dakota
Indiana
Montana
Texas
West Virginia

This is an interesting article ...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ons-senate

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:35 pm

The Democrats or LW Progressives... have shown clearly they do not support Democracy unless the outcome of an election is a win for their side of politics.
We have similar situations here re the ABC, Get Up the Unions The Greens etc and the situation gets worse every year, things are coming to a head because now we even have the progs within the Liberal party threatening the stability and future of the party.

We may still have a split in the Liberal party and it may be sooner than anyone thinks. We already have a fracturing of the vote with minor parties such as One Nation, The Australian Conservatives etc...
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:17 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:48 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:42 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

Tennessee
Missouri
Nevada
Florida
Arizona
North Dakota
Indiana
Montana
Texas
West Virginia

This is an interesting article ...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ons-senate
That looks very close to me.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:45 pm

In short, they are the best free entertainment going. The media might look bored but there is no questioning the energy of Trump supporters.

And little wonder; they get to hang out with the President of the United States. And boo and hiss on his cue at all the people and ideas they hate: journalists, "communists" and Democrats like Nancy Pelosi and Elizabeth Warren, illegal immigrants, Second Amendment wimps, Washington DC elites, and women who "make up" claims of sexual assault against men.

It all comes across as a cathartic panto show. A fun night out for consenting adults.

For the people showing up in ever-swelling numbers as the midterms near, it's proof they still matter.

"I'm disappointed Obama never came here, and we voted for Obama two times, and then we flipped," says Barbara Ringle, owner of "Alkeme", a Mediterranean-inspired cafe in the centre of Erie, Pennsylvania.

Hillary Clinton didn't show up either, in 2016, Ringle tells AFR Weekend. "But Bernie Sanders did."

And so did Trump. Twice.

First in August 2016 as he set up for an unlikely victory just months later, and again a few weeks ago when he drew a crowd of more than 7000 people who came to see and hear the first sitting president to visit the town since George W. Bush in 2004.

AFR Weekend detected few signs of buyer's remorse among Trump's supporters, not surprisingly. And worryingly for Democrats, there's some evidence he's found new converts.

"I didn't vote for him, but I will next time," says one man, a retiree, who credits Trump for carrying through on his 2016 promises and is happy to forgive the President's faults.

"You know sometimes he exaggerates on his own personal life and things like that, which I'd prefer he not do … but he's delivering, or trying to."

Supporters almost universally mention the trade war with China – "he's evening up the fight" – and the renegotiated North American Free Trade Agreement with Canada and Mexico.

Unprompted, many bring up the recent Supreme Court nomination battle over Brett Kavanaugh, and the need to build a wall on the US-Mexican border against illegal immigration.

"We should have borders – I mean, Australia does. You don't want everybody just float'n in there do you?" says another local who agreed to speak so long as he could remain anonymous.

As the pace of Trump rallies has picked up in recent weeks the crowds have overwhelmed many of the venues, with thousands of spillovers watching outside on giant screens.

Since late July, Trump has held 23 rallies and there are plans for at least 10 more over the final stretch between late October and Election Day, November 6 – an extraordinary and probably unprecedented schedule for a sitting president. He may even end up doing two per day as he lunges for the line.

The heavy load is a crucial ingredient in Trump's plan to shatter conventional wisdom – and the historical record – of presidents losing large numbers of congressional seats in their first midterm election.

"At stake in this Election is whether we continue the extraordinary prosperity we have achieved – or whether we let the Radical Democrat Mob take a giant wrecking ball to our Country and our Economy! #JobsNotMobs," Trump wrote in a tweet after a blockbuster rally in Houston Texas this week.

The polling suggests the rallies are working to make a contest out of what was once seen as an inevitable "reversion to the mean", or return swing of the electoral pendulum back to Democrats.
https://www.afr.com/news/world/north-am ... 025-h1734e

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:59 am

It'll be good for the world if the people see that the US is NOT FOR TURNING....

it will send a message that the progressives are not as popular as they like to tell everyone they are. :roll:
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:59 am

It'll be good for the world if the people see that the US is NOT FOR TURNING....

it will send a message that the progressives are not as popular as they like to tell everyone they are. :roll: