America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Nicole

Re: Trump and Greenland

Post by Nicole » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:54 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:33 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:52 pm
The US has a massive Air Force Base there already so what if Trump offered to buy Greenland? They can say either yes or no. The things you Trumpophobes are offended by are just pathetic. :roll:
Trumpophila sufferer. :roll:

I am not offended by what Trump says or does. What annoys me (and there is a difference between the two) is that Trumpophiles ignore all the idiot things he does and continue to proclaim him to the "Great White Hope" of Politics. He isn't. He is a fool - a smart fool it appears because I simply cannot believe anybody could be as stupid as el Presidente' Trump appears to be. :roll:
What exactly is it that Trump has done that irritates you so much Brian?

Mortdooley

Post by Mortdooley » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:06 am

Trump isn't the first President to consider on offer to purchase Greenland. In the past the US has offered to buy other territories, the purchase of the Mexican States on our southern border was considered as well as just all of Baja California. All another Country has to say is no and that is the end of the discussion.
Taxpayers are the modern equivalent of Hebrew slaves building the pyramids for the Egyptian political class.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:42 pm

Nicole wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:54 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
The US has a massive Air Force Base there already so what if Trump offered to buy Greenland? They can say either yes or no. The things you Trumpophobes are offended by are just pathetic. :roll:

I am not offended by what Trump says or does. What annoys me (and there is a difference between the two) is that Trumpophiles ignore all the idiot things he does and continue to proclaim him to the "Great White Hope" of Politics. He isn't. He is a fool - a smart fool it appears because I simply cannot believe anybody could be as stupid as el Presidente' Trump appears to be. :roll:
He is a narcissist fantasist. He lies, blatantly and obviously about his abilities and his performance. He is sexist - blatantly so. He is full of bullshit and what annoys me is that Trumpophiles ignore that and all his other faults. All they have to do is acknowledge his faults and I'll be happy.

What annoys you about him, "Nicole" or are you another blind Trumpophile who just loves the ground he walks on, the air that he breaths? :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

LearJet

Post by LearJet » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:56 pm

So, if President Trump offered each Greenlander American Citizenship, a New Motor Boat, plus $200,000 to take a National vote to declare their independence from Denmark, & on if they would or wouldn't want to be part of the United States, & they said OK, do you think Trump would seek/need permission to annex Greenland from Denmark?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:28 pm

LearJet wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:56 pm
So, if President Trump offered each Greenlander American Citizenship, a New Motor Boat, plus $200,000 to take a National vote to declare their independence from Denmark, & on if they would or wouldn't want to be part of the United States, & they said OK, do you think Trump would seek/need permission to annex Greenland from Denmark?
Yes.

LearJet

Post by LearJet » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Why?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:42 pm

LearJet wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Why?
Because Denmark is legally the owners of Greenland.

Tell me, would Washington need to be consulted if another nation proposed to the inhabitants of Rhode Island that they become their territory? :roll:

LearJet

Post by LearJet » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:19 pm

While it sounds right Brian, but who better than the Danish Government would actually know about Greenland's ownership status?
Greenland is not for sale and the idea of selling it to the United States is absurd, Denmark’s prime minister said on Sunday after an economic adviser to President Donald Trump confirmed the U.S. interest in buying the world’s largest island.

“Greenland is not for sale. Greenland is not Danish. Greenland belongs to Greenland. I strongly hope that this is not meant seriously,” Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen told the newspaper Sermitsiaq during a visit to Greenland.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/18/greenl ... bsurd.html
I would have to believe that the Danish PM is most probably correct, being the residents of Greenland have been negotiating independence from Denmark for years.

Denmark does provide for Greenland's National security, and it subsidizes a large portion of Greenland's yearly budget, but I believe that the Greenland government has already secured its territorial sovereignty from Denmark, and the PM's statement seems to confirm this.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:24 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:42 pm
Nicole wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

He is a narcissist fantasist. He lies, blatantly and obviously about his abilities and his performance. He is sexist - blatantly so. He is full of bullshit and what annoys me is that Trumpophiles ignore that and all his other faults. All they have to do is acknowledge his faults and I'll be happy.

What annoys you about him, "Nicole" or are you another blind Trumpophile who just loves the ground he walks on, the air that he breaths? :roll:
Instead of talking in platitudes Brian, why don’t you list trumps specific policies - those you dislike?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Nicole wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:24 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:42 pm
Nicole wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Instead of talking in platitudes Brian, why don’t you list trumps specific policies - those you dislike?
OK, how about his denial of Climate Change and his Environmental Policy with it's increased emphasis on Fossil Fuel usage? He has made drastic cuts to the Endangered Species policy and his efforts to undo automobile efficiency platforms of his predecessor.
During a July 8, 2019 White House speech, Trump hailed "America’s environmental leadership" on his watch, asserting his administration was "being good stewards of our public land," reducing carbon emissions and promoting the “cleanest air” and “crystal clean” water. Experts noted that these achievements were the result of actions taken by his predecessors. That same day, EPA administrator Andrew Wheeler touted the administration's accomplishments by citing data going back to the Nixon administration.[14]
[Source]

How about his Immigration Policy which unfairly targets Muslims? His Executive Orders have decided to target refugees from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen yet he has ignored that the Terrorists from 11 September were all Saudi Arabians.

Socially he has declared himself to be "pro-life" and that he wants to reverse the Roe vs Wade Decision which legalised abortion in the US. He has provided mixed messages WRT to same-sex marriage, saying he wants to reverse the Supreme Court's decision and then saying it is a "settled issue".
In January 24 [2016], days after being sworn in, Trump issued an executive order reinstating the Mexico City policy (also called the "global gag rule"). Under the policy, international non-governmental organizations that "offer or promote abortions as part of their family planning services" are barred from receiving funds from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).[31]
[Source]

On May 3, 2018 he signed an executive order entitled, "Establishment of a White House Faith and Opportunity Initiative" that aims to prevent funding for abortion.[34][35]
On several occasions Trump has falsely asserted that Democrats advocate "executing" babies born in failed abortions. In February 2019 he tweeted, "The Democrat position on abortion is now so extreme that they don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth...." and the assertion became a staple at his rallies, including in April 2019 when he stated, “The baby is born. The mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. And then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby.”[36][37][38][39]
[Source]

Now, do I need to go on, "Nicole"? :roll: