G-7 Summit

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

G-7 Summit

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 pm

The Group of Seven wealthy nations has committed to moving toward a 15% global minimum tax on corporations that operate internationally, handing the Biden administration a win.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen announced the agreement on Saturday and hailed it as an “unprecedented commitment” that would “end the race-to-the-bottom in corporate taxation.” The announcement came after the top finance chiefs for each of the countries met in London.

“The global minimum tax would also help the global economy thrive, by leveling the playing field for businesses and encouraging countries to compete on positive bases, such as educating and training our workforces and investing in research and development and infrastructure,” Yellen said.

The G-7 features some of the world’s largest economies and includes Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The group said in a joint statement that it strongly supports efforts to “address the tax challenges arising from globalization and the digitalization of the economy and to adopt a global minimum tax.”
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... inimum-tax

Here we go global taxation. Companies in the US pay 21% and Biden is going to raise that to 28%. Companies will leave and consumers will pay. This will benefit who? China!

Black Orchid

Re: G-7 Summit

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:58 pm

Joe gets led away so he doesn't have to answer questions. Lolol

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:01 pm

Meanwhile, during a meeting Sunday afternoon President Biden was corrected multiple times by UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson after repeatedly introducing the President of South Africa. :rofl

And he mistakes Libya for Syria. :rofl

:grn

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:20 pm

Biden’s most awkward G-7 moments.....

Telling Boris Johnson to introduce the president of South Africa when he already did. Biden interrupted British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and received a correction from the Downing Street resident for his troubles on Saturday. He thought Johnson neglected to introduce President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa before starting the panel’s roundtable.

“And the president of South Africa,” Biden told Johnson.
“‘And the president of South Africa,’ as I said earlier on,” Johnson replied. While Johnson was correcting him, Biden made a gesture toward Ramaphosa as if to say: “I got you, man.”
“Oh, you did,” Biden added.
“Yes, I certainly did,” Johnson told Biden.

Losing his way after he took an impromptu question. After finishing a meal in between meetings Friday, a reporter seemed to surprise Biden with a question about how discussions were going, video showed.
“No, no, no, come on,” said first lady Jill Biden as she rushed in to save him from another blunder. The first lady took the president’s hand and led him away from the reporter.

Wearing shades to meet Queen Elizabeth. Biden wore dark sunglasses that obscured his eyes in an audience at Windsor Castle on Sunday with Queen Elizabeth II regarding future meetings with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Royal protocol dictates that one must remove sunglasses during a meeting with the queen, according to a former royal butler.
“We had a great talk. She wanted to know what the two leaders that I … the one I’m about to meet with, Mr. Putin, and she wanted to know about Xi Jinping, and we had a long talk, and she was very generous,” Biden said after the meeting.
This statement from the president may have broken another protocol.

“It has nonetheless been a rule that an audience with the queen is strictly private, and to reveal its contents is a breach of trust,” said royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams.

Saying the queen reminded him of his mother.

Getting in trouble with his staff because of a press conference.

Confusing Syria with Libya three times

Saying "Some of you don't know what Covid is" to world leaders.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:22 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:20 pm
Biden’s most awkward G-7 moments.....

Telling Boris Johnson to introduce the president of South Africa when he already did. Biden interrupted British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and received a correction from the Downing Street resident for his troubles on Saturday. He thought Johnson neglected to introduce President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa before starting the panel’s roundtable.

“And the president of South Africa,” Biden told Johnson.
“‘And the president of South Africa,’ as I said earlier on,” Johnson replied. While Johnson was correcting him, Biden made a gesture toward Ramaphosa as if to say: “I got you, man.”
“Oh, you did,” Biden added.
“Yes, I certainly did,” Johnson told Biden.

Losing his way after he took an impromptu question. After finishing a meal in between meetings Friday, a reporter seemed to surprise Biden with a question about how discussions were going, video showed.
“No, no, no, come on,” said first lady Jill Biden as she rushed in to save him from another blunder. The first lady took the president’s hand and led him away from the reporter.

Wearing shades to meet Queen Elizabeth. Biden wore dark sunglasses that obscured his eyes in an audience at Windsor Castle on Sunday with Queen Elizabeth II regarding future meetings with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Royal protocol dictates that one must remove sunglasses during a meeting with the queen, according to a former royal butler.
“We had a great talk. She wanted to know what the two leaders that I … the one I’m about to meet with, Mr. Putin, and she wanted to know about Xi Jinping, and we had a long talk, and she was very generous,” Biden said after the meeting.
This statement from the president may have broken another protocol.

“It has nonetheless been a rule that an audience with the queen is strictly private, and to reveal its contents is a breach of trust,” said royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams.

Saying the queen reminded him of his mother.

Getting in trouble with his staff because of a press conference.

Confusing Syria with Libya three times

Saying "Some of you don't know what Covid is" to world leaders.
Not flash is he, and yet he beat your hero by millions of votes. Ha.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:47 am

At least his voting machines did.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:57 am

Texan wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:47 am
Still no evidence though. Lots of conspiracies... phantasmagorical conspiracies under the Q umbrella....
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:19 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:57 am
Texan wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:47 am
Still no evidence though. Lots of conspiracies... phantasmagorical conspiracies under the Q umbrella....
Worse!
Former US president Donald Trump pressed the Department of Justice (DOJ) during his final weeks in office to join his failed effort to overturn his election defeat based on his false claims of voting fraud, documents released on Tuesday showed.
Key points:

Emails reveal Donald Trump's team made several efforts to involve the Department of Justice in their false claims of election fraud
One email sent by a member of Mr Trump's team outlined their concerns by attaching a YouTube video explaining a conspiracy theory
A DOJ official labelled the claim "pure insanity"

The records, obtained by the House of Representatives Oversight and Reform Committee, showed department leaders refused the request, with one decrying the "pure insanity" of the claims.

The documents showed a series of overtures made by Mr Trump, then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and an outside private attorney, Kurt Olsen.

The department ultimately did not join the effort, and numerous courts rejected lawsuits seeking to overturn election results in various states.
'Pure insanity.'