Texas - open carry now legal.

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Bobby

Texas - open carry now legal.

Post by Bobby » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:39 pm

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/01/us/t ... index.html

Texans can now openly carry guns in public without a permit or training.
Police say the new law makes it harder to do their jobs

By Emma Tucker, CNN

Updated 0135 GMT (0935 HKT) September 2, 2021

(CNN)A new pro-gun law in Texas that went into effect Wednesday allows most Texans who legally own a firearm to carry it openly in public without obtaining a permit or training, a measure that experts say will make it more challenging for law enforcement to protect the public from gun violence.
The controversial "constitutional carry" legislation is the latest in a series of pro-gun bills that state lawmakers passed this year as gun violence incidents rise in Texas and across the country.
The number of shootings in Texas, not including suicides, increased 14% this year with roughly 3,200 shootings compared to the same period in 2020, which recorded roughly 2,800 shootings, according to data compiled by the Gun Violence Archive (GVA). Gun violence incidents this year represent a 50% increase over the same period in 2019, which saw 2,100 shootings, the data shows.
"In Texas, repealing the permit altogether is a radical change," said Andrew Karwoski, a policy expert at Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country. "Just allowing almost anyone to carry a handgun in public, no questions asked, no background check or safety training, is really dangerous."
Conservative activists had lobbied for permitless carry proposals for years, but they were stalled in the past three legislative sessions. Declaring that the law "instilled freedom in the Lone Star State," Gov. Greg Abbott signed the bill -- which the state House of Representatives approved in an 82-62 vote -- into law in June despite opposition from Democrats, some policing leaders and gun control advocates.

Valkie

Re: Texas - open carry now legal.

Post by Valkie » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:34 pm

They are getting worried about the muzzos.

It will be all guns out if a muzzo tries anything.

But because they have guns, muzzo will be the cowards they always are and be good little morons.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:28 pm

Valkie wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:34 pm
They are getting worried about the muzzos.

It will be all guns out if a muzzo tries anything.

But because they have guns, muzzo will be the cowards they always are and be good little morons.

No - in the USA they worry about the Darkies invading their homes.

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:05 pm

I'm not worried about anybody and I prefer concealed carry. I will maintain my License To Carry because it allows me to carry in other states.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 pm

Texan wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:05 pm
I'm not worried about anybody and I prefer concealed carry.
I will maintain my License To Carry because it allows me to carry in other states.
Texas is like the wild West.
In Melbourne Australia we can't even carry a one inch long pocket knife on our key ring. :)

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:45 am

Bobby wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 pm
Texan wrote:
I will maintain my License To Carry because it allows me to carry in other states.
In Melbourne Australia we can't even carry a one inch long pocket knife on our key ring. :)
WE are not even allowed to defend ourselves.

If we dare to injure our attackers, we are charged with "Using undue force to defend ourselves"
I have a dream

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:51 am

DRIVE-BY SHOOTING
POLICE are investigating if a brazen shooting in Western Sydney last night is part of the continuing war between the Hamzy and Alameddine families.

The incident was captured on video about 7.30pm on Blaxcell St at Granville. The footage appears to show a person leaning out of a moving vehicle’s window and firing a gun at a passing car.

Police descended on the scene and searched the street and nearby properties with torches. Sources said two young men, who are known Alameddine associates, were arrested 10km away. It was unclear last night if the events were related.
I have a dream

Texan

Post by Texan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 am

Valkie wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:45 am
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

If we dare to injure our attackers, we are charged with "Using undue force to defend ourselves"
We are justified to use deadly force to prevent murder, armed robbery, aggravated assault, rape, and arson. I am also allowed to use deadly force against anyone who forces their way into my occupied vehicle or home. There can be no civil suit against self defense unless I am convicted of a crime.

I have several pistols for every type of dress and a 7+1 capacity pump action shotgun with a blinding tactical light mounted for anyone who kicks in my door at night. I keep knives in my pocket and vehicles. I even have an out the front switch blade just because I can. I actually prefer an assisted opening lock blade.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 am

Texan wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 am
Valkie wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

We are justified to use deadly force to prevent murder, armed robbery, aggravated assault, rape, and arson. I am also allowed to use deadly force against anyone who forces their way into my occupied vehicle or home. There can be no civil suit against self defense unless I am convicted of a crime.

I have several pistols for every type of dress and a 7+1 capacity pump action shotgun with a blinding tactical light mounted for anyone who kicks in my door at night. I keep knives in my pocket and vehicles. I even have an out the front switch blade just because I can. I actually prefer an assisted opening lock blade.
It sounds like you live in a very dangerous area! :o

Texan

Post by Texan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:55 am

Neferti~ wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 am
Texan wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 am
Valkie wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

It sounds like you live in a very dangerous area! :o
I live in a very safe area about 25 miles South of Downtown Dallas. There are 42 houses in my neighborhood. All houses have at least 1 acre and nobody parks on the actual street. Kids have bicycles, golf carts or ATVs to ride around the neighborhood. Dallas is a craphole. The fact that we are armed and we talk to our neighbors keeps us very safe from criminals who wander into our area. My neighborhood uses the Nextdoor app. It's like FB for our neighborhood. Any crime or missing pets are posted there. Any suspicious vehicle gets it's picture taken and posted. A cop neighbor runs the license plate to determine if the car is stolen or there are arrest warrants against the owner. We use Nextdoor to sell eggs or other items and welcome new neighbors.

We sometimes host neighborhood parties. It started about 12 years ago when one neighbor won a catered party on the radio with a live band. We celebrated Independence Day. It was kicked off with a lawn tractor parade around the neighborhood led by police and fire crews. We threw candy to the kids as we drove by and they followed us to the party. The neighbor opened up his backyard so the kids could swim in the pool. It was a fun time.

I will miss this neighborhood. We are selling the house as soon as the divorce is final. I suspect sometime within the next 6 weeks. I'm hoping for October 12, since that is our 30th Anniversary.