Re: Texas - open carry now legal.

Post by Bobby » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:38 pm

Valkie wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:45 am
Bobby wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 pm
Texan wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:05 pm
I'm not worried about anybody and I prefer concealed carry.
I will maintain my License To Carry because it allows me to carry in other states.
Texas is like the wild West.
In Melbourne Australia we can't even carry a one inch long pocket knife on our key ring. :)
WE are not even allowed to defend ourselves.

If we dare to injure our attackers, we are charged with "Using undue force to defend ourselves"

Yes - I remember one court cases that a man was criticised by a magistrate
because he used his fists in a fight and fists are defined as a weapon.
The guy had really smashed another guy's face in with powerful punches
and put him in hospital for weeks.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:41 pm

Texan wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:55 am
Neferti~ wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 am
Texan wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 am
Valkie wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:45 am
Bobby wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 pm

Texas is like the wild West.
In Melbourne Australia we can't even carry a one inch long pocket knife on our key ring. :)
WE are not even allowed to defend ourselves.

If we dare to injure our attackers, we are charged with "Using undue force to defend ourselves"
We are justified to use deadly force to prevent murder, armed robbery, aggravated assault, rape, and arson. I am also allowed to use deadly force against anyone who forces their way into my occupied vehicle or home. There can be no civil suit against self defense unless I am convicted of a crime.

I have several pistols for every type of dress and a 7+1 capacity pump action shotgun with a blinding tactical light mounted for anyone who kicks in my door at night. I keep knives in my pocket and vehicles. I even have an out the front switch blade just because I can. I actually prefer an assisted opening lock blade.
It sounds like you live in a very dangerous area! :o
I live in a very safe area about 25 miles South of Downtown Dallas. There are 42 houses in my neighborhood. All houses have at least 1 acre and nobody parks on the actual street. Kids have bicycles, golf carts or ATVs to ride around the neighborhood. Dallas is a craphole. The fact that we are armed and we talk to our neighbors keeps us very safe from criminals who wander into our area. My neighborhood uses the Nextdoor app. It's like FB for our neighborhood. Any crime or missing pets are posted there. Any suspicious vehicle gets it's picture taken and posted. A cop neighbor runs the license plate to determine if the car is stolen or there are arrest warrants against the owner. We use Nextdoor to sell eggs or other items and welcome new neighbors.

We sometimes host neighborhood parties. It started about 12 years ago when one neighbor won a catered party on the radio with a live band. We celebrated Independence Day. It was kicked off with a lawn tractor parade around the neighborhood led by police and fire crews. We threw candy to the kids as we drove by and they followed us to the party. The neighbor opened up his backyard so the kids could swim in the pool. It was a fun time.

I will miss this neighborhood. We are selling the house as soon as the divorce is final. I suspect sometime within the next 6 weeks. I'm hoping for October 12, since that is our 30th Anniversary.

Hi Tex,
I take it that you don't have a problem with Darkie gangs doing home invasions in your area?
In Melbourne Australia we can have as many as a dozen of them invading a house
and beating the owner to a pulp.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:03 pm

Well, in Australia.
Our moronic authorities actually charged a man for beating a known pedophile that broke into his young daughters bedroom.
He only got off( if a police record and having to report to police regularly is getting off) because the people protested about it.
However, because the known pedophile was an abbo, we had the BLM chorus on about it.

A karate expert who was attacked in his own ho e was not as lucky.
Even though they attempted to kidnap his partner after injuring him with a knife ( i think)
The karate expert used the weapon at hand ( a sword) and chopped the criminal good.
He was charged and went to gaol.

Criminals have taken owners of houses to court and won cases for injuries incurred while robbing the place.

In Australia, criminals have more rights than honest, law abiding people.
Probably because the grubberment is comprised of nothing but criminals anyway, so they look after their own.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Texan

Post by Texan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:12 pm

Valkie wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:03 pm
Well, in Australia.
Our moronic authorities actually charged a man for beating a known pedophile that broke into his young daughters bedroom.
He only got off( if a police record and having to report to police regularly is getting off) because the people protested about it.
However, because the known pedophile was an abbo, we had the BLM chorus on about it.

Even though they attempted to kidnap his partner after injuring him with a knife ( i think)
The karate expert used the weapon at hand ( a sword) and chopped the criminal good.

Criminals have taken owners of houses to court and won cases for injuries incurred while robbing the place.

Probably because the grubberment is comprised of nothing but criminals anyway, so they look after their own.
If you live out in the bush, you can live by the S. S. S. method. Shoot, Shovel, Shut up.

Security by Smith and Wesson. Burial arrangements by John Deere. You'll need a partner to help drive their car off and torch it.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:28 pm

Valkie wrote:
Well, in Australia.

Hi Valkie -
you wouldn't like Melbourne.
A dozen Darkies would turn up and 6 would break down
you back door while another 6 would break down your front door.
They would beat everyone in your household to a pulp and then
steal your car using your car keys and off for a 200km/hr joy ride down the freeway.
It wouldn't even get in the news as black lives matter.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:44 pm

Bobby wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:28 pm
Valkie wrote:
Well, in Australia.

Hi Valkie -
you wouldn't like Melbourne.
A dozen Darkies would turn up and 6 would break down
you back door while another 6 would break down your front door.
They would beat everyone in your household to a pulp and then
steal your car using your car keys and off for a 200km/hr joy ride down the freeway.
It wouldn't even get in the news as black lives matter.
I have several weapons secreted about the house.
I am quite competent with them all.
The knives are razor sharp.
I have my sais where i can easily lay my hands on them, very effective as both bludgeoning weapons and protection against swords or machete.

Someone comes in, i may not get them all, but tgere will be a couple trying to hold in their guts and possibly a couple with serious head injuries.

My old man always told me.
Fight every fight as if your life depends on it.
Hold nothing back, go for maximum damage on as many as possible.
Go down fighting and if they get you to the ground cut their legs.
Anything goes, the only fair fight is the one you win, with whatever you have.

These words have served me well.
I have had several people back off because of how maniac my response is when attacked.
18 years of martial arts training and knife work probably helps.

With 6 attackers, im confident that at least three will be in need of serious
Medical attention, possibly more.
I have a dream

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:17 pm

Valkie wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:44 pm

I have my sais where i can easily lay my hands on them, very effective as both bludgeoning weapons and protection against swords or machete.

Someone comes in, i may not get them all, but tgere will be a couple trying to hold in their guts and possibly a couple with serious head injuries.

I have had several people back off because of how maniac my response is when attacked.

It's difficult to fight a dozen Darkies.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:22 pm

Texan wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:55 am

I live in a very safe area about 25 miles South of Downtown Dallas. There are 42 houses in my neighborhood. All houses have at least 1 acre and nobody parks on the actual street. Kids have bicycles, golf carts or ATVs to ride around the neighborhood. Dallas is a craphole. The fact that we are armed and we talk to our neighbors keeps us very safe from criminals who wander into our area. My neighborhood uses the Nextdoor app. It's like FB for our neighborhood. Any crime or missing pets are posted there. Any suspicious vehicle gets it's picture taken and posted. A cop neighbor runs the license plate to determine if the car is stolen or there are arrest warrants against the owner. We use Nextdoor to sell eggs or other items and welcome new neighbors.

We sometimes host neighborhood parties. It started about 12 years ago when one neighbor won a catered party on the radio with a live band. We celebrated Independence Day. It was kicked off with a lawn tractor parade around the neighborhood led by police and fire crews. We threw candy to the kids as we drove by and they followed us to the party. The neighbor opened up his backyard so the kids could swim in the pool. It was a fun time.

I will miss this neighborhood. We are selling the house as soon as the divorce is final. I suspect sometime within the next 6 weeks. I'm hoping for October 12, since that is our 30th Anniversary.
I know people in Houston.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:13 pm

Bobby wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:17 pm
Valkie wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:44 pm

It's difficult to fight a dozen Darkies.
I doubt there will be dozens.
And after seeing claret flowing freely from their mates, my bet is they will lose interest pretty quickly.
Remember, these monkeys are cowards, cowards would rather run. Than fight, especially when they are fighting a madman.

They may kill me, then the law will have to do something.

But again, there will be a few requiring medical attention.
I have a dream

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:21 pm

A workmate lived in a lovely area in Newcastle.

One day, several thuggs started creating trouble, beating and breaking into houses.

The cops were useless, unless caught red handed, they were not interested, partly because they "identified as indiginious" and were hands off.

So a small group got together one night, balaclava clad and overpowererd them.
Marched them off the the beach.
Tied their hands and loaded them onto a boat.
They took them off shore, only a couple of miles, but at night thats a long way.
They threw them overboard and started to power away.

Then they stopped, came back for them and dragged them back aboard.
By now, all the fight and toughness was gone, they were crying and begging.

They took them back to the beach, released them and told them, next ti e they would be left out there.

The next day they were gone.
Didnt even pack up any belongings, just pissed off.

The workmate still lives in that lovely area, and there are never any issues.
I have a dream