Who will be the next POTUS and why?

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:33 am

On the anniversary of the Capitol Riot in the US seemed a time to look ahead and wonder,

I realise its still a long way off but will Trump run again after the chaos he caused in the US and around the world with our allies.

I doubt dull boring Joe will run again, or for that matter get voted in based on his age more than anything!

What are your thoughts?

sprintcyclist

Re: Who will be the next POTUS and why?

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:05 am

I really liked Trump but he mishandled covid badly and cannot seem to 'right his thinking' on that.
His mindset is far too inflexible to be the POTUS again.
Joes too old.

The American mentality is far too extreme and polarised for the US to heal.
it's a great country in a steep decline.

I see America losing.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:43 am

Well I always regarded Trump as candidate who won by accident and then couldnt believe that it had actually happened.

He treated it like he was on The Apprentice show,

Sacking advisers left, right and centre. Didnt seem to realise they were the experts not him, especially failed on Covid

Sucking up to Putin. There has always been a suspicion Putin had some dirt on him , which I wouldn't at all be surprised, "Golden Showers?"

Totally failed to appreciate the value of alliances such as NATO even though it does cost big $$$ from the US as the major contributor.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:45 am

Redneck wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:43 am
Well I always regarded Trump as candidate who won by accident and then couldnt believe that it had actually happened.

He treated it like he was on The Apprentice show,

Sacking advisers left, right and centre. Didn't seem to realise they were the experts not him, especially failed on Covid

Sucking up to Putin. There has always been a suspicion Putin had some dirt on him , which I wouldn't at all be surprised, "Golden Showers?"

Totally failed to appreciate the value of alliances such as NATO even though it does cost big $$$ from the US as the major contributor.
Though I loved him - ' ........... they were the experts not him, especially failed on Covid ............. ' I entirely agree with.

The Pres could maybe sack 1 expert with reason. Unlikely to sack 2.

The 'Executive Orders' a POTUS can issue leads to bad flaws in their system. I really dislike that.
It was like how a few of our PMs made 'Captains picks'. It is not democratic. It is a dictatorship.
If the Dictator is always correct fair, just and sensible, that is great.
If not ............ well, the country is in for a world of pain they cannot get out of. eg Nth Korea.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:59 am

Personally I think both Biden and Trump will be too old to even be considering running in the next election.

As for the republican side I get the impression most of the republicans are scared shitless of opposing Trump, and I gather a couple have been dis-endorsed for doing just that. So no one on the horizon there.

Democrats... I really cant see Kamala Harris taking over from Joe although logically the VP should be in the running!

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:27 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:59 am
Personally I think both Biden and Trump will be too old to even be considering running in the next election.

As for the republican side I get the impression most of the republicans are scared shitless of opposing Trump, and I gather a couple have been dis-endorsed for doing just that. So no one on the horizon there.

Democrats... I really cant see Kamala Harris taking over from Joe although logically the VP should be in the running!
hahahahah.
Yes, that is my thinking.

Trump - no
Biden - no
Harris - no