Biden has been a catastrophe for the world.

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Aussie

Re: Biden has been a catastrophe for the world.

Post by Aussie » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:25 pm

Wrong. Iran is firing missiles at Pakistan.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:08 pm

DrMattus wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:45 pm
Bobby wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:00 pm
When Biden left Afghanistan, Russia, China and Iran were watching.
Hamas was watching too.

The American troops ran like rabbits from Taliban fighters
with only old AK47s driving civilian Toyota land cruisers.
$7 billion of high tech weapons were left for the Taliban terrorists.

Putin thought -
I might as well invade Ukraine as the USA is too weak to stop me with
that senile old Biden in charge - I'm glad it's not Trump that we face.

China looked on and increased military operations/exercises around Taiwan.

Iran thought - why not stir up some trouble in the Middle East? -
lets' tell Hamas to kill the Jews.
Biden won't do much - he's too weak.
Deep beneath the circus of right-wing theatrics, there's a kernel of truth in Bobby's post that should give the left a serious case of indigestion. When it comes to the foreign policy tango between Biden and Trump, it's a dance of predictability versus chaos. Biden, steady as a metronome, versus Trump, the human pinball. This very predictability might just be giving countries like Russia and China a clearer playbook under Biden, making them more daring in their geopolitical chess game.

An example; Bobby's digital diatribe dumps the whole Afghanistan mess on Biden's doorstep. Pure, unadulterated rubbish. It's as nonsensical as the right giving Biden a pat on the back for overturning Roe vs. Wade, a Trump-era gambit. What they conveniently omit is that Trump's orchestrated the US-Taliban deal – including the troop reduction in 2020 and the grand exit in 2021. Biden, sticking to his 'man of his word' script, honoured Trump's deal post-2020 victory. This act of political acrobatics, trying to straddle the centre line, ended up tripping his administration, alienating both the left and right.

Would Trump have stuck to the US-Taliban deal had he stayed in the Oval Office? That's the million-dollar question. His fan club hails him as the deal-making Hercules unafraid to walk away from a bad deal, while his critics paint him as a charlatan, breaking promises like a wrecking ball at Four Seasons Total Landscaping. Both perspectives are true, making the deal's success under Trump paradoxically less likely, despite him being the maestro behind it.

But let's circle back to Bobby's nugget of truth about Biden's weakness. He's too sheepish to push for bold changes needed by the left – think court-packing, student loan forgiveness, minimum wage hikes. All his can do is wave his hands in the air whining "C'mon man" while the world burns. Biden's timidity has indeed let America down. He is hated by both sides. It's not a failure of policy but a failure of nerve.
"there's a kernel of truth in Bobby's post that should give the left a serious case of indigestion."

yes - Biden is seen as weak, disorganised and incompetent.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:21 pm

Everybody likes to criticise Biden, without supplying any details on what he supposedly has done wrong. Whatever has happened has been outside his control. Even Trump was unable to stop illegal immigration across the Southern Border. Biden has not been responsible for inflation or fuel prices, despite what the Trumpites like to maintain. Tsk, tsk, tsk... :roll: :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:48 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:21 pm
Everybody likes to criticise Biden, without supplying any details on what he supposedly has done wrong. Whatever has happened has been outside his control. Even Trump was unable to stop illegal immigration across the Southern Border. Biden has not been responsible for inflation or fuel prices, despite what the Trumpites like to maintain. Tsk, tsk, tsk... :roll: :roll:
Try reading what I've already written: :roll:

When Biden left Afghanistan, Russia, China and Iran were watching.
Hamas was watching too.

The American troops ran like rabbits from Taliban fighters
with only old AK47s driving civilian Toyota land cruisers.
$7 billion of high tech weapons were left for the Taliban terrorists.

Putin thought -

China looked on and increased military operations/exercises around Taiwan.

Iran thought - why not stir up some trouble in the Middle East? -
lets' tell Hamas to kill the Jews.
Biden won't do much - he's too weak.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:55 pm

Humpty boasts about he keeps the USA out of Wars, so he would have done SFA.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:16 am

Aussie wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:55 pm
Humpty boasts about he keeps the USA out of Wars, so he would have done SFA.
You'll see when Trump wins.

DrMattus

Post by DrMattus » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:44 pm

Bobby wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:48 pm
Putin thought -
But isn't this a huge win for America? Isn't Putin now trapped in an unwinnable proxy war in Ukraine that costs America next to nothing to maintain?

Firstly, Russia is enduring substantial losses in Ukraine, averaging around 800 casualties daily. About a third of these are dead, the remainder go home wounded, where they are a burden on the state until they do die. These human losses are compounded by considerable material destruction, including tanks, armored vehicles, and artillery systems. Hell they even lost a sub! The long-term impact of these losses on Russian military capabilities and morale is profound.

Moreover, the economic repercussions for Russia are severe. The war has incurred costs in the hundreds of billions, factoring in direct expenses, the opportunity cost of mobilizing millions of able bodies men out of the workforce, and the impact of international sanctions and asset seizures. This economic strain is diminishing Russia's global economic presence and internal stability.

Politically, President Putin faces substantial challenges. Initially anticipated as a swift victory, the prolonged conflict has led to widespread Russian casualties, affecting nearly every family in the country. Domestic issues, such as rolling blackouts and restricted access to international markets, further erode Putin's political standing. While not outright vulnerable, Putin is expending significant political capital to sustain the war effort.

Contrastingly, the United States seems to incur minimal costs. The military aid provided is relatively insignificant in the context of the U.S. defense budget. Much of the equipment supplied to Ukraine comprises older, soon-to-be decommissioned hardware. Transferring these assets to Ukraine is not only cost-effective but also strategic. Politically and humanely, the U.S. remains largely unscathed, with no direct military involvement.

In essence, this situation could be viewed as a strategically advantageous trap for the United States. While it's debatable whether this was intended when the deep state fell in behind Biden, or a fortunate geopolitical development, the impact on weakening Russia and elevating American strategic interests is undeniable. Of all the examples of why Biden has been a catastrophe, I think this is the least defensible.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:27 am

DrMattus wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:44 pm

In essence, this situation could be viewed as a strategically advantageous trap for the United States. While it's debatable whether this was intended when the deep state fell in behind Biden, or a fortunate geopolitical development, the impact on weakening Russia and elevating American strategic interests is undeniable. Of all the examples of why Biden has been a catastrophe, I think this is the least defensible.
What nonsense.
The last thing the world needs is a WW3 starting in Europe again -
this time it could easily go nuclear.

Also - Russia has switched to a war economy and is getting stronger every day -
they already have 10 times the ammunition of the Ukrainians.
When Russia is strong enough they will invade all of Ukraine -
consolidate - then attack Poland and maybe even Germany after that.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:41 pm

https://www.reuters.com/world/political ... 024-01-29/

Biden is weak.

Republicans accused Biden of letting American forces become sitting ducks, waiting for the day when a drone or missile would evade base defenses. They say that day came on Sunday, when a single one-way attack drone struck near base barracks early in the morning.
In response, they say Biden must strike Iran.
"He left our troops as sitting ducks," said Republican U.S. Senator Tom Cotton. "The only answer to these attacks must be devastating military retaliation against Iran's terrorist forces, both in Iran and across the Middle East."
The Republican who leads the U.S. military oversight committee in the House of Representatives, Representative Mike Rogers, also called for action against Tehran.
"It's long past time for President Biden to finally hold the terrorist Iranian regime and their extremist proxies accountable for the attacks they've carried out," Rogers said.

Former President Donald Trump, who hopes to face off against Biden in this year's presidential election,
portrayed the attack as a "consequence of Joe Biden's weakness and surrender."

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:06 pm

I don't believe the propaganda rubbish polls of Biden being up high on a list of 'greatest Presidents', etc.
When it will clear, years from now - he has been 'the worst President ever'!
So much so - his now famous "I can't answer Questions as I'll get into trouble" shows that he has not been a President at all.