Iowa Hiho!

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here
AiA in Atlanta

Re: Iowa Hiho!

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:05 am

Young people are volunteering to help Ron Paul just like they did for Obama 4 years ago.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:22 am

As for the gop candidate, unless the evangelicals can pick a guy to back, it,s going to be an old money venture capitalist from massachusetts. A rich guys candidate.
Your bias shows mattus. Do you not think that all candidates are rich guys candidates?

Do the democrats only select the poorest and most altruistic in the US?
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

mellie

Post by mellie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:56 am

Mattus wrote:I wouldn't write him off just yet. Campaign-Obama is an impressive beast, nothing like this timid president. Once campaign-Obama takes to the stand you'll see a turn around in the polls. He has a lot to run on, the moderates will like the fact hat he personally shot bin laden and dumped his body at sea, while the extreme left will dedicate a whisky sour in his honor for tedicare, and the extreme right? Well, haters gonna hate.

As for the gop candidate, unless the evangelicals can pick a guy to back, it,s going to be an old money venture capitalist from massachusetts. A rich guys candidate.

The Obama lable is worn, he's lost his gloss, the politicking is what's killed the meme --even the blacks want to go back, straight back to the polls to get rid of the clown. See, the African Americans who voted for him may be likened the woman here in Australia who voted for Gillard, simply because they could relate to her in some way that was significant to them, something different, see we had never had a female PM before, just as America had never had a black President before either.

A fad is a fad, we are all tired of sniffing their reorganised cold-war soviet brand.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:25 am

Not writing off Obama but he has disappointed his supporters, including myself.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:41 am

AiA in Atlanta wrote:Not writing off Obama but he has disappointed his supporters, including myself.
It doesn't take much to disappoint a leftist...just saying
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:42 am

IQS.RLOW wrote:
AiA in Atlanta wrote:Not writing off Obama but he has disappointed his supporters, including myself.
Meh, there is no "left" in the USA.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:54 am

AiA in Atlanta wrote:
IQS.RLOW wrote:
Meh, there is no "left" in the USA.
Oh, but there is

The goal posts shift and generally it's the leftists trying to move them

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:48 am

IQS.RLOW wrote: Oh, but there is

The goal posts shift and generally it's the leftists trying to move them
There are two conservatives for every liberal in America. And look where it has gotten them.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:57 am

AiA in Atlanta wrote:
There are two conservatives for every liberal in America. And look where it has gotten them.

I still email 8 people in America (used to have over a dozen epals) and most claim to be Republicans. They are all from different States. Minnesota, Florida, California, Pennsylvania, Maine, Texas, Georgia, Virginia, New Hampshire, Kansas, Michigan, New Jersey, Alaska, North Carolina. Sorry to be "off topic".

Mattus

Post by Mattus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:09 am

IQS.RLOW wrote:
Your bias shows mattus. Do you not think that all candidates are rich guys candidates?

Do the democrats only select the poorest and most altruistic in the US?
I don't try to hide my bias, but in this case your reading me wrong. I would vote for Romney this time. But he is the capitalist of the bunch, with a good track record making money in the private sector. He understands running corporations and relates to big business. He's also seriously loaded.

Normally candidates are career politicians, with money men like Romney standing behind them. In this case the lobbyist is the candidate. It is, if nothing else, refreshingly honest.
"I may be the first man to put a testicle in Germaine Greer's mouth"

-Heston Blumenthal