Transgenders in Sport

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here
Black Orchid

Transgenders in Sport

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:33 pm

THE AFL has blocked transgender athlete Hannah Mouncey from participating in the AFLW’s 2018 season.
Lee Gaskin, a reporter working for the AFL in South Australia, revealed the game’s governing body deemed Mouncey’s “physical disparity is significant and would give unreasonable advantage”.

Despite being denied for 2018, there is a chance Mouncey will be accepted for the 2019 season.
Mouncey previously represented Australia as a male in European handball.

Footy journalist Sam McClure said the AFL based its decision on the Victorian Equal Opportunity Act, which states athletes can be discriminated against based on their sex “if strength, stamina or physique is relevant”.

The 190cm, 100kg ruck played eight games for Ainslie in Canberra’s women’s competition this season and kicked 17 goals — but AFLW clubs are still unsure if they will be able to recruit her through the AFLW draft.

Having previously played for Australia’s men’s handball team, Mouncey began taking gender transition hormones in 2015.
Melbourne-based lawyer Justin Quill on Tuesday warned the AFL it will leave itself open to a “messy” legal challenge if it denies Mouncey accreditation as a sanctioned AFLW footballer.

“If they don’t it could get quite messy and quite complicated if they go the other route,” Quill told SEN’s Breakfast on Tuesday.
“I think they will allow her to play. I think her levels that she’s tested at, as I understand it, you guys just talked about the IOC guidelines, she’s well, well within the testosterone levels that the IOC will allow and I think they (The AFL) will rely on that.
“They will use that. I also think they will develop a policy for future cases.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-pl ... 388e501c0f

Discrimination be damned. First the Olympics and now the AFL.

No amount of surgery or hormones is going to turn a male into a female. 'She' is a man on hormones wanting to be a woman and that's it.

'She' is 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 100kg for God's sake! Imagine that tackling you? :o

I don't care what they do in their personal lives but playing in womens' sport as a 'woman' is taking political correctness too far and just not on!

cods

Re: Transgenders in Sport

Post by cods » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:30 pm

it is unfair.. I agree...why does a whole system have to change to cater for one person..???ok there may well be one or two more down the track but seriously every sport will have to deal with this crap...

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:05 pm

The majority have just voted to make this nonsense NORMAL ... once the Yes to SSM goes through do you really think that they won't want the rest of "it"?

Funnily enough, I just "trapped" a leftie friend into admitting that a man and a woman was NORMAL. She mentioned new neighbours called "John and Jude" and when I replied that I also had homosexual neighbours, she came back with "Oh, John and Jude are married and "normal", not homosexual" :rofl :rofl

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:46 am

So she should be banned,

she is actually 6ft 4inches (not 6' 2") and 100kg.

She cant expect to be able to play in the womans comp while still built like a bloke ffs

Playing against women that would be lucky to be 85Kg and 6ft max.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:04 am

Very feminine :roll: :roll:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:32 pm

THIS does NOT look like a female! It's a bloke in drag, who had grown his hair, applied lipstick and stuffed a bra ... or has taken hormones. Isn't taking hormones illegal in sport?

Why didn't he just stay a tranny? It looks like a boofhead!

Honestly, this GLBTABCXYZ stuff is becoming more ridiculous every day. :roll:

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:38 pm

It is nonsense.

Your sex is what your DNA says. This is just BS.

Sport needs to remain pure to what sex their DNA assigns. They will not change this.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

762NATO

Post by 762NATO » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 pm

Redneck wrote:So she should be banned,

she is actually 6ft 4inches (not 6' 2") and 100kg.

She cant expect to be able to play in the womans comp while still built like a bloke ffs

Playing against women that would be lucky to be 85Kg and 6ft max.
Fuck even one of the leftys reckon its fucken wrong , now where is Smiffy

cods

Post by cods » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:38 am

Neferti~ wrote:THIS does NOT look like a female! It's a bloke in drag, who had grown his hair, applied lipstick and stuffed a bra ... or has taken hormones. Isn't taking hormones illegal in sport?

Why didn't he just stay a tranny? It looks like a boofhead!

Honestly, this GLBTABCXYZ stuff is becoming more ridiculous every day. :roll:

I find that a bit cruel nef.....I do b elieve there is a reason for people wanting to be someone else...

as a matter of fact I know someone whos son has been dressing as a girl since he was able to dress himself...

he about 9 now...all I know is he is only allowed to wear dresses when at home..his mum doesnt talk about it..
but this child has always done it...so I dont think they are mad or do it for attention....

I believe in being fair minded and if this person wishes to take drugs for the rest of their life so they feel comfortable and happy..

thats their business...but I would presume they also make a fair amount of testosterone .. it doesnt make for a fair playing field and they should accept that...play darts or snooker...

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:15 pm

There are only 2 types of humans......those who have balls and a cock or had them and those who never did.

Warrior.