Horn v Mundine

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here
Black Orchid

Horn v Mundine

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:56 pm

I hate boxing but I am almost praying that Jeff Horn knocks that ugly big mouthed Mundine out and knocks him out FAST!!
Horn weighed in at 70.5kg, well above the welterweight marks he has had to strip weight for in the past.

The 30-year-old, who is taking all the risk into a fight he knows he has to win after his loss to American Terence Crawford in June, shook off Mundine's aggression.

Horn's camp feel 43-year-old Mundine, who only fought once in America in his career, is jealous of the opportunities his opponent has enjoyed.

Of all the barbs Mundine has thrown at Horn in the past few weeks, the suggestion he has had an easy ride to the top or is undeserving of his reputation is the one that has hit home.

"It's been such a hard journey to get to where I am, it hasn't been easy and he talks about how easy I've got it and how easy I've had in the past to get to where I am," Horn said.

"Please walk in my shoes and then you will see how hard it has been. That is frustrating to me."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-29/ ... t/10568470

Black Orchid

Re: Horn v Mundine

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:59 pm

If Mundine lands as many punches as his team member hurled insults to Horn, he can’t lose. But if he only connects as often as someone in the room actually laughed at one of the childish taunts, then his career is going to end on a very sour note.

Right before Mundine snapped, Horn whispered something in his ear. But you’d probably hear much worse at the recent world chess championships.

“I said, ‘I hope you’re ready,’” Horn told reporters. “He was talking about, ‘You’re going down tomorrow night, you’re going to get a boxing lesson,’ whatever he was saying.

“Then I was like, ‘I hope you’re ready,’ and then he must have just cracked it.”

While Mundine claimed to have staked his turf with his pre-fight show of aggression, that premature violence has only made Horn more confident.

“It shows me that he’s frustrated, he’s angry and that’s what he’s going to become in the fight tomorrow night,” Horn said. “He’s very on edge and nervous about this fight.”

“That’s a bit far,” Fenech told news.com.au when asked what he thought of Mundine’s unprovoked attack on stage. “If it was me I would have kicked him in the balls.”
OMG I so cannot stand Mundine!!

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Mundine sounds punch drunk, as most boxers do.

I think he'll get beaten up.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:19 pm

Mundine is just an idiot.
Most people would just like him to shut up and go away... many would love to see him sat on his arse or knocked out.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:18 am

Mundine is a very good boxer.
He will box like a person quite younger than he is

This will be close
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:19 pm
Mundine is just an idiot.
Most people would just like him to shut up and go away...
many would love to see him sat on his arse or knocked out.
If you forget the Caucasian in him, he's an Aboriginal Muslim, that thinks Advance Australia Fair is racist... conclusion... IDIOT. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Rorschach on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:14 pm

NOBODY likes Mundine. Smartarse Abo. Yuck.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:34 pm

You've gotta pay to see this shit:
https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/bo ... b1cf130f0e

When: Tonight, gates open 4:30pm, main fight at 9:30pm

Where: Suncorp Stadium

Tickets: Available at Ticketek, priced from $29 for grandstand to $299 for floor seating. Family of four tickets from $77 to $393

TV: On Foxtel’s Main Event from 6.30pm. $59.95 pay-per-view. Order from the My Foxtel app or mainevent.com.au

Duration: 12 rounds

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm

What a rip-off, news.com.au are running a live blog and I sincerely hope Mundine gets his head smashed in.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm
What a rip-off, news.com.au are running a live blog and I sincerely hope Mundine gets his head smashed in.
I feel sorry for Mundine -
I'm convinced he has brain damage and shouldn't have been allowed to fight by the his doctor.
He'll end up in a wheelchair.