sprintcyclist

State of Origin

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:04 pm

We are on
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Black Orchid

Re: State of Origin

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:53 pm

The Queensland Government's decision to splash $8 million to get the State of Origin opener to Townsville backfired in a big way on Wednesday night as NSW recorded their biggest-ever win.

Tom Trbojevic and Latrell Mitchell starred as the visitors obliterated Queensland 50-6 in the first State of Origin match ever played in Townsville.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk paid a reported $8 million to secure the hosting rights for the series opener after a Covid outbreak in Melbourne forced the NRL to move the game away from the MCG.

However Palaszczuk might have been left to regret the decision as she watched on from the stands as NSW handed Queensland their heaviest defeat at interstate level since 1963.

The NRL's decision to move Game I to Townsville initially sparked outrage as it meant Queensland got to host the first two games of the series - an unprecedented advantage.

The Queensland Government's decision to splash $8 million to get the State of Origin opener to Townsville backfired in a big way on Wednesday night as NSW recorded their biggest-ever win.

Tom Trbojevic and Latrell Mitchell starred as the visitors obliterated Queensland 50-6 in the first State of Origin match ever played in Townsville.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk paid a reported $8 million to secure the hosting rights for the series opener after a Covid outbreak in Melbourne forced the NRL to move the game away from the MCG.

However Palaszczuk might have been left to regret the decision as she watched on from the stands as NSW handed Queensland their heaviest defeat at interstate level since 1963.

The NRL's decision to move Game I to Townsville initially sparked outrage as it meant Queensland got to host the first two games of the series - an unprecedented advantage.

And Palaszczuk only caused more outrage when she described those complaining in NSW as "whingers".

“I understand New South Wales are whingeing and you’d expect that from New South Wales,” she said in the lead-up to Game I.

“They’re good at whingeing and that’s all I ever hear is whinge, whinge, whinge from New South Wales.

"This is value for money... and the benefits that it will bring into the local economy is going to be flowing.”

So NSW fans and former players were only too happy to pile on Palaszczuk on Wednesday night when her sledging backfired spectacularly.
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/state-of-or ... 50766.html

Stupid bitch and YAY the Blues!

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 pm

Well done NSW.

They were standards above us
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:38 pm

We are going to lose badly tonight