The Olympics

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here
Black Orchid

Re: OLYMPIC GAMES

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:14 pm

China infuriated by Olympic loss to 'the enemy'.

Chinese nationalists vented their fury online following Taiwan's shock win over the heavily favoured China in the Olympic badminton event on the weekend.

Chinese Taipei's Lee Yang and Wang Chi-lin beat Liu Yuchen and Li Junhui of China in the men's doubles gold medal match on Saturday, giving Taiwan its first ever gold medal in the sport.

The communist nation is viewed as a dominant player in the game of badminton, and as you'd expect the loss didn't go down well.

China's state media reportedly cut off the broadcasting of the medal ceremony to avoid Taiwan's "National Flag Anthem", which has the same melody as the Taiwanese national anthem but different lyrics.

China claims the self-ruled island of Taiwan as their territory, so since the 1980s Taiwan's athletes have competed under the name of "Chinese Taipei".

In a Facebook post after the badminton match, gold medal winner Lee dedicated the gold medal to "my country, Taiwan".

Later, Taiwan's President, Tsai Ing-wen, congratulated the athletes for "winning our country's first gold medal in badminton".

The reaction to Taiwan's gold medal win on Chinese social media has been described as hostile.

Chinese internet users labelled the loss a "shameful day" and a "disgrace" while calling the Taiwanese "the enemy".
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sp ... li=AAgfLCP

Well done Taiwan and suck eggs China!

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:18 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:14 pm

Chinese nationalists vented their fury online following Taiwan's shock win over the heavily favoured China in the Olympic badminton event on the weekend.

Chinese Taipei's Lee Yang and Wang Chi-lin beat Liu Yuchen and Li Junhui of China in the men's doubles gold medal match on Saturday, giving Taiwan its first ever gold medal in the sport.

The communist nation is viewed as a dominant player in the game of badminton, and as you'd expect the loss didn't go down well.

China's state media reportedly cut off the broadcasting of the medal ceremony to avoid Taiwan's "National Flag Anthem", which has the same melody as the Taiwanese national anthem but different lyrics.

China claims the self-ruled island of Taiwan as their territory, so since the 1980s Taiwan's athletes have competed under the name of "Chinese Taipei".

In a Facebook post after the badminton match, gold medal winner Lee dedicated the gold medal to "my country, Taiwan".

Later, Taiwan's President, Tsai Ing-wen, congratulated the athletes for "winning our country's first gold medal in badminton".

The reaction to Taiwan's gold medal win on Chinese social media has been described as hostile.

Chinese internet users labelled the loss a "shameful day" and a "disgrace" while calling the Taiwanese "the enemy".

Yeah fuck China! :c

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:34 pm

Redneck wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:18 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

Boo hiss to the bullies of the world - chyna
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:17 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:34 pm
Redneck wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:18 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

Boo hiss to the bullies of the world - chyna
I agree! The Japanese hate the Chinese. :mrgreen:

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:35 pm

What's it got to do with Japan?

China is very rightly outraged by the atrocities committed in that Country by Japan in WW2.

The Chinese Student loathed anything to do with Japan because of that history.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Aussie wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:35 pm
What's it got to do with Japan?

China is very rightly outraged by the atrocities committed in that Country by Japan in WW2.

The Chinese Student loathed anything to do with Japan because of that history.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Tell us more about the CHINESE STUDENT.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:10 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:37 pm
What do you want to know? His name, address etc so you can dox him too?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:16 pm

Aussie wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:10 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
I know many people on these forums by name, why would I want to "dox" them, they haven't done anything to me.

Your Chinese Student, if I recall, was accused of using your computer or some such, I thought you might want to relate that story to us, again. :giggle

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:18 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:16 pm
Aussie wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:10 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
I know many people on these forums by name, why would I want to "dox" them, they haven't done anything to me.

Your Chinese Student, if I recall, was accused of using your computer or some such, I thought you might want to relate that story to us, again. :giggle
You were not at PA at the time, so no cake for you. Take your crap elsewhere.

:PC