Cricketers Not Taking the Knee

Discuss sport related and outdoor activities here
Black Orchid

Cricketers Not Taking the Knee

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:00 pm

The ugly photo that exposes disastrous state of fading cricket powerhouse.

They say a picture says a thousand words.

In one photo, the parlous state of South African sport and politics was on full show.

Ahead of Temba Bavuma taking the first ball against Mitchell Starc, South Africa’s players paused in their support of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Yet, rather than all the players kneeling, a subject that has been talked about for more than a year, some stood with their hands behind them, others with a fist raised in the air while some knelt.

It was not the first time photos captured a team divided in how they supported the movement.

For months South Africa’s cricketers had different reactions to the Black Lives Matter movement.

That came despite former West Indian quirk turned respected pundit Michael Holding speaking firmly about what the movement and gesture meant.

“If you support Black Lives Matter, I don’t see how it can be an issue to take the knee,” Holding told the Herald and The Age earlier this year.

“I would hope everybody does it but as I said, I am not a Black Lives Matter policeman.

“People who must decide whether they support the movement, support the issue, or not.

“The world-recognised gesture of support for Black Lives Matter is taking a knee. Everybody accepts that and knows that as the world-recognised gesture.”

With the Cricket World Cup one of the most watched sporting events in the globe, the spotlight had been shined on South Africa and their team.

Vision was beamed across the globe and pictures taken showing the divide.

It led to Cricket South Africa issuing a statement in the hours ahead of their second match – a must-win game – against the West Indies, that its players must be unified.

As a CSA statement read, “Concerns were raised that the different postures taken by team members in support of the BLM initiative created an intended perception of disparity or lack of support for the initiative.”

Wicket-keeper and dashing left-hander Quinton de Kock stewed up what course of action he would take on the bus trip to the stadium.

He chose not to take a knee and, therefore, would withdraw from the crucial match for “personal reasons”.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/t2 ... ent=static

So you can't play competitive international sport if you don't take the knee to BLM? What a lot of woke BS! You can't travel or go into most premises if you aren't double jabbed AND boosted?

This control is going way to far and really has to be put down!

Black Orchid

Re: Cricketers Not Taking the Knee

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:05 pm

Quinton de Kock withdrew from South Africa’s Twenty20 World Cup match against the West Indies after refusing to take the knee on Tuesday, a decision which highlighted once again the sport’s struggles to emerge from its troubled past.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/t2 ... 6e4f208ca7

The cricket world has been shocked by Quinton de Kock’s decision not to take a knee and, therefore, be stood down from South Africa’s T20 World Cup fixture against the West Indies.

Cricket South Africa ordered its players to show a unified stance by all taking a knee ahead of their crucial World Cup fixture, but, as captain Temba Bavuma explained, de Kock came to the conclusion on the bus trip to Dubai to not take part.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/or ... 587bca8075

:mad

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:53 pm

Well done Quinton de Kock
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Apologetic South African wicket-keeper Quinton de Kock has declared “I am not a racist” and would be “more than happy” to take a knee before games if it helps to educate others.

De Kock earlier this week pulled out of a T20 World Cup Super 12 match against the West Indies for “personal reasons”. His decision came hours after Cricket South Africa ordered all of its players to take a knee ahead of every game at the tournament in the UAE.

But de Kock released a full and frank statement on Thursday night (AEDT), apologising to his teammates and South African cricket fans for any hurt he’d caused.

The Protea said he would take the knee.

“I would like to start by saying sorry to my teammates, and the fans back home,” de Kock said in statement.

“If me taking a knee helps to educate others, and makes the lives of others better, I am more than happy to do so."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/t2 ... ent=static

Shamed into compliance! :mad

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:18 pm

Australians watch sport to get away from politics, not to have it shoved in their faces. 'It's just not cricket.'

Cricketers kneeling to the neo-Marxist BLM does nothing to reduce racism. It just makes them look silly. Now South Africa has kicked its best player, Quinton de Kock, out of the team because he doesn't kneel.

Virtue signaling has become compulsory. It's chilling to think that in the world of sport, Left-wing political statements are becoming compulsory.

Have no doubt, Australia is not far behind. Remember when the Big Bash League decided to pretend Australia Day didn't exist for games played on 26 January?

So, de Kock is out for not wanting to virtue signal while the Taliban's team plays on, seemingly with no objection from the cricket authorities, media, or kneeling players.

You can't make this stuff up.

Mark Latham