Evolution is not a scientific theory

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
IQS.RLOW

Re: Scientology - weird cult

Post by IQS.RLOW » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 pm

It's a relevant question considering all his little blog spiels are on discrediting evolution as a scientific theory
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Mattus

Post by Mattus » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:37 pm

On the contrary, his point seems to be that blind faith, whether it is in a scientific or religious proposition, is retarded. Theories are there to be tested, rejected and refined, not accepted simply because they can't be properly tested.

Your response, "yeah so which untested position do you blindly put your faith in?"
"I may be the first man to put a testicle in Germaine Greer's mouth"

-Heston Blumenthal

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Completely wrong. If there are two theories then a valid question is which one do you find has a more valid scientific weight
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Mattus

Post by Mattus » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:47 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:Completely wrong. If there are two theories then a valid question is which one do you find has a more valid scientific weight
Which is quite a different question to "which do you accept?", for the inevitable answer will be "neither until tested".
"I may be the first man to put a testicle in Germaine Greer's mouth"

-Heston Blumenthal

annielaurie

Post by annielaurie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:37 am

FD,

Do you know anything about particle physics?

To get down to basics, go all the way back to the building blocks of the universe, elementary particles on the quantum level and how they behaved then, and how they have continued to behave over all these billions of years, in order to arrive at the state of the universe we observe today.

Here is a link to watch a series of lectures given by well-known particle physicist Brian Cox, of the UK,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsRvxQzI ... ure=relmfu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Just because these are on Youtube doesn't mean they are junk, either. Give them a try, may help you to understand what it's all about.

:read
Last edited by annielaurie on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:56 am

I am not sure of that. I think FD is probing on a point I may have missed.

I will get back to FD when I have more time.

OK the problem is "The theory is that if you impale a unicorn with it's own horn, it dies."

You don't claim they exist.
This is your theory.
Is this theory scientific? If not, why not? (is this the essence of your question FD?)
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

annielaurie

Post by annielaurie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:02 am

Nova, take a look at my link above, about particle physics. These lectures by physicist Brian Cox take some time to watch, but they are well worth it.

He's from the UK, by the way.

:Hi

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:16 am

annielaurie wrote:Nova, take a look at my link above, about particle physics. These lectures by physicist Brian Cox take some time to watch, but they are well worth it.

He's from the UK, by the way.

:Hi
I see him on the discovery type channel all the time. The heart throb of the scientific community.

My point about FD is I think he is probing on a point and I want to get to that point. He is no fool and I expect his words are very deliberate.

Work is full on at the moment.

PS: Good to see you here on our favorite topic.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

annielaurie

Post by annielaurie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:26 am

Yep, I sure do need to jump into the thread when it's about science, I can't resist.

Science, and especially quantum mechanics and particle physics, is thrilling to me. Oh yeah, that Brian Cox is a hearthrob if there ever was one, grrrrrrrr what a sexy dude!

But he knows his stuff, so the actual science he talks about is even better.

:bgrin

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:39 am

annielaurie wrote:Yep, I sure do need to jump into the thread when it's about science, I can't resist.

Science, and especially quantum mechanics and particle physics, is thrilling to me. Oh yeah, that Brian Cox is a hearthrob if there ever was one, grrrrrrrr what a sexy dude!

But he knows his stuff, so the actual science he talks about is even better.

:bgrin
I noticed a hot female the other week on a history show. Don't know her name but made the learning even better.