RIP Watch

Discuss any News, Current Events and Crime topics here
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Super Nova

RIP Watch

Post by Super Nova » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Neferti

Re: RIP Watch

Post by Neferti » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Never heard of him, but then I am female and don't watch "footy". I didn't see in the article how old he was or cause of death but 118 kg, that is about 54 STONE in the old measurements. His poor old heart probably gave out carrying all that weight around. Poor thing.

Still, very sad for his family (and fans).

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:14 pm

I don't think it is anywhere near 54 stone.

Was it due to complications? Didn't he have a transplant a few years ago?
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

boxy

Post by boxy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:18 pm

18.5 stone, so google tells me. Too young to die, especially for someone who was super fit, not that long ago.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:32 pm

From the link.
"The man was 118kg. In those days the average wing probably weighed about 90kg. So they just weren't used to dealing with players of this size and power whereas today they are," he said.
:oops

I stuffed up. 118Kg = 18.5818 stone

I should have used the Net conversion for kgs into stones. So he was just FIT (except for the kidney problem) not FAT?

Oh, elsewhere states he was just 40 years old. Geeze.

PS Arsie is constantly reading PA and will start a thread at OzPol for ANYTHING he considers a faux pas by "yours truly". Then report you. Arsie is a psychopath. Uber is his nemesis. :clap

skippy

Post by skippy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:53 pm

He played on the wing for NZ rugby at over 100 kg and could run 100 metres in eleven seconds even at that weight, a freak and true legend of the game. He didn't bother with a side step he just ran over the top of opposition players, literally. He had. Kidney transplant back in the early 2000s but his body rejected it in 2011. I think he was waiting for another transplant but he didn't make it.RIP.

skippy

Post by skippy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:03 am

I think Nef started a thread of those that passed this year but I couldn't find it.
Anyway Stevie Wright died on Boxing Day. RIP.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/mu ... c596b93e3b

One of the best songs out of Australia from the sixties.In my opinion.

[youtube] The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind (1966) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; › watch [/youtube]

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:52 am

I hadn't heard about "Little Stevie".

He was one of the patients that the notorious Chelmsford Hospital experimented on. I believe he suffered brain damage there due to their 'deep sleep' therapy combined with ECT for his drug addiction. Poor thing.

RIP Stevie.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Lemmy Kilmister, founding member and singer in legendary British heavy metal band Motörhead, has died at the age of 70 after a short battle with aggressive cancer

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Wayne Rogers, the actor whose Trapper John McIntyre on M.A.S.H. was among the most beloved characters on one of the most popular shows of all time, has died.

Rogers' publicist Rona Menashe says the actor died on Thursday in Los Angeles of complications from pneumonia. He was 82.

As army surgeon Trapper John on M.A.S.H., Rogers swapped wisecracks with partner in martinis-and-mischief Hawkeye Pierce, played by Alan Alda.

Rogers was on the show for just the first three of its 11 seasons, but his run, and his character, are especially revered by show devotees