Memorable movie lines..

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
boxy

Re: Memorable movie lines..

Post by boxy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Human nature, and shit. A totally believable character, truly believing he was doing great work, despite sacrificing a few underlings. A memorable line indeed.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Drill Sergeant: Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army?

Forrest Gump: To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant!

Drill Sergeant: God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump. Listen up, people...

Forrest Gump: [narrates] Now for some reason I fit in the army like one of them round pegs. It's not really hard. You just make your bed real neat and remember to stand up straight and always answer every question with Yes, drill sergeant.

Drill Sergeant: ...Is that clear?

Forrest Gump: Yes, drill sergeant!

Forrest Gump: One day it started raining, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Yes :D

"Run, Forrest, run!"
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Forrest Gump ....."me and Jenny went together like peas and carrots"

Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
Forrest Gump: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.

Forrest Gump: Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere.
Last edited by Auzgurl on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:10 pm

"You died on a Saturday morning and I had you placed here under our tree. And I had that house of your father's bulldozed to the ground. Momma always said dyin' was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't. Little Forrest, he's doing just fine. About to start school again soon. I make his breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. I make sure he combs his hair and brushes his teeth every day. Teaching him how to play ping-pong. He's really good. We fish a lot. And every night, we read a book. He's so smart, Jenny. You'd be so proud of him. I am. He, uh, wrote a letter, and he says I can't read it. I'm not supposed to, so I'll just leave it here for you. Jenny, I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you, Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away."
Intelligence... it's overrated when aiming at happiness :)

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Very true and only Tom Hanks could have played that part.

Loved "Castaway " too.

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:21 pm

The character says something about acting in good faith. He is an exceedingly moral person, and despite his limitations (both physical and mental), his exclusively true treatment of his interpersonal interactions bring him through. Perhaps helped by the fact that only good natured people actually seek out a continued relationship with such an obvious "gimp".

donniedarko

Post by donniedarko » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 am

"You think I don't appreciate art? You think I don't understand fashion? You think I'm not hip? You think I'm pathetic? A nerd? A lard-ass fat-so? You think I'm shit? Well, you're wrong, 'cause i'm champagne, and you're shit. Until the day you die, you, not me, will always be shit. "

I've never, ever forgotten the 'i'm champagne, and you're shit' putdown from "Happiness"

boxy

Post by boxy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:41 pm

"Was your court at the trial of Visser constituted in any way like this, what rule did you shot him under?"

"Like this? ... oh no sir, it wasn't quite like this... no no sir, it wasn't quite so handsome...and as for rules... we didn't carry military manuals around with us... we were out on the veldt fighting the Boer the way he fought us.... I'll tell you what rule we applied sir, we applied Rule Three-OH-Three .... we caught them and we shot them under Rule Three-OH-Three!"

RIP Edward Woodward.

boxy

Post by boxy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:43 pm

"Shoot straight, ya bastards.