Memorable movie lines..

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
boxy

Re: Memorable movie lines..

Post by boxy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:21 pm

"I know you hurtin' and worryin'. I can feel it on you. But you oughta quit on it now. I want it over and done with. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having me a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, or coming from, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?"

"The man is mean and careless and stupid, and that's a bad combination in a place like this. Sooner or later, he's gonna get somebody hurt, or worse."

"A big man is ripping your ears off, Percy! I'd do as he says!"

The Green Mile
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

boxy

Post by boxy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:35 pm

"Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder and chaos. Take this empty glass. Here it is, peaceful, serene and boring. But if it is... [pushes glass off table] destroyed... [robot cleaners move to clean broken glass] Look at all these little things. So busy now. Notice how each one is useful. What a lovely ballet ensues, so full of form and color. Now, think about all those people that created them. Technicians, engineers, hundreds of people who'll be able to feed their children tonight so those children can grow up big and strong and have little teeny weeny children of their own, and so on and so forth. Thus, adding to the great chain... of life. [Desk prepares a glass of water and a bowl of fruit] You see, Father, by creating a little destruction, I'm actually encouraging life. In reality, you and I are in the same business. Cheers."

The Fifth Element

(Bruce Willis is a great actor, knows how to take the piss out of himself mercilessly.)
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.

Braveheart
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:51 pm

"We may not be able to take your freedom William Wallace, but we sure can take you to the stake of kydney and liver die."

English Director's cut of Braveheart.
DEEEEEEEEPTHOUGHT IS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

boxy

Post by boxy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Not every man dies with some sadistic prig tying knots with his intestines either :?

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:57 pm

"Churchill, I really don't have polio, I am just faking it so I don't have to sleep with Eleanor anymore."

The Winds of War.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:00 pm

What we've got here is (a) failure to communicate

Cool Hand Luke.

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:01 pm

Cool Hand Luke is a great movie.

"Why you so good to me boss?"

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Those librarians," says [Michael] Moore, digging happily into his pre-ordered spaghetti. "That's one terrorist group you don't want to mess with.

Probably not from a movie but classic. (And true)

Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:54 pm

I have never met a librarian who has not been willing and eager to help. they are forever valuable.

from 'the librarian'

Charlene: Everybody knows that. They're librarians. What makes you think you are the Librarian?
Flynn Carsen: [confused] I know other stuff?
Charlene: Mr... Flynn Carsen, stop wasting my time. Tell me something you know that nobody else who has walked in here could tell me.
Flynn Carsen: [examining her] You have mononucleosis. Your marriage broke up two months ago. You broke your nose when you were four, and you live with three cats. Is that what you had in mind? Swollen parajugular lymph nodes and distended eyelids are clearly mono. It takes three months for an indentation on the ring finger to completely disappear. Yours is two-thirds gone. Your plastic surgeon gave you a terminus paralateral scar, which is given to children under the age of six, and I can clearly see three distinct types of cat hair. A white Himalayan, a tortoiseshell, and an orange striped tabby.