Memorable movie lines..

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
JW.Frogen

Re: Memorable movie lines..

Post by JW.Frogen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:56 pm

"I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us. '

Apocalypse Now.
DEEEEEEEEPTHOUGHT IS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:58 pm

And....

"Charlie don't surf!"

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:00 pm

And "I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Aristos

Post by Aristos » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:52 pm

"hey wog boy"

from Wog Boy.

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:10 pm

Look out Aristos, a UFO is comming to deport you back to Greece!!!!!

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Why haven't you quoted a few good men yet frog?
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:14 pm

boxy wrote:Why haven't you quoted a few good men yet frog?
Shit, I am getting old.

" Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

And

"You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall."
Last edited by JW.Frogen on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Mind you, I was Navy so was glad Jessep took it up the UCMJ.

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Well, he was a bit of a softcock, putting on a hardman face, by being willing to let the underlings take the rap, eh.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:19 pm

boxy wrote:Well, he was a bit of a softcock, putting on a hardman face, by being willing to let the underlings take the rap, eh.
Yeah, there are a lot of people who will do that in every service, everywhere.