Memorable movie lines..

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
boxy

Re: Memorable movie lines..

Post by boxy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:50 pm

"That's what's so illogical, y'know, about being a Smurf. Y'know what's the point of living... if you don't have a dick?"

One for Froggo ;)
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:03 pm

To all our listeners, this is what I have to say - God bless you all. And as for you bastards in charge, don't dream it's over. Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do fuck all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song. Nothing important dies tonight, just a few ugly guys on a crappy ship. The only sadness tonight is that, in future years, there'll be so many fantastic songs that it will not be our privilege to play. But, believe you me, they will still be written, they will still be sung and they will be the wonder of the world.

The Boat that Rocked
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Rhett Butler: I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'll never understand or forgive myself. And if a bullet gets me, so help me, I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot. There's one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names.
Scarlett: [struggles] Don't hold me like that!
Rhett Butler: [holds her tighter] Scarlett! Look at me! I've loved you more than I've ever loved any woman and I've waited for you longer than I've ever waited for any woman.

Scarlett: [struggles] Let me alone!
Rhett Butler: [forces her to look him in the eyes] Here's a soldier of the South who loves you, Scarlett. Wants to feel your arms around him, wants to carry the memory of your kisses into battle with him. Never mind about loving me, you're a woman sending a soldier to his death with a beautiful memory. Scarlett! Kiss me! Kiss me... once...

----------->>
Rhett Butler: Now that you've got your lumber mill and Frank's money, you won't come to me as you did to the jail, so I see I shall have to marry you.
Scarlett: I never heard of such bad taste.

---------->>
Gerald O'Hara: It will come to you, this love of the land. There's no gettin' away from it if you're Irish.

-------->>
Rhett Butler: No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:57 pm

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Chuck Noland: Don't worry Wilson, I'll do all the paddling. You just hang on.

Tom Hanks "Castaway"

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:02 pm

boxy wrote:"That's what's so illogical, y'know, about being a Smurf. Y'know what's the point of living... if you don't have a dick?"

One for Froggo ;)
That is such a sad movie.
DEEEEEEEEPTHOUGHT IS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

Doyle

Post by Doyle » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Well, yes, nothing's wrong with science. Ya know, between, between air conditioning and the Pope, I'll take air conditioning.

Deconstructing Harry

boxy

Post by boxy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:52 pm

"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we … are the cure."

"Why, Mr. Anderson, why, why? Why do you do it? Why get up? why keep fighting? do you believe you're fighting for something, other than your own survival, can you tell me what it is, do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Delusions, Mr Anderson, vagaries of perception, temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect desperately trying to justify an existance that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the matrix itself, although only a human mind could create something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr Anderson, you know it by now, you cant win, it's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson, why, why do you persist?"
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

slimD

Post by slimD » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Ezekiel 25:17

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Good one Jules.

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Auzgurl wrote:Chuck Noland: Don't worry Wilson, I'll do all the paddling. You just hang on.

Tom Hanks "Castaway"

^^ Wilson