Anyone for tennis - disgrace. Margaret Court

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Aussie

Anyone for tennis - disgrace. Margaret Court

Post by Aussie » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:14 pm

Link.

Fairbloodydimkum!!!!!!!!
The Pentecostal church run by controversial former tennis champion Margaret Court, Victory Life Centre, received more than $280,000 in jobkeeper in the three months to the end of June last year, even though its revenue ultimately barely decreased.

Payments under the scheme began a fortnight after the church’s declaration in mid-March last year that the blood of Jesus would protect parishioners from the deadly virus, but it would nevertheless provide sanitiser.

James Chan, the treasurer of Victory Life Centre, told Guardian Australia the church received a total of more than $500,000 in jobkeeper as well as a $50,000 cashflow boost from a federal government grant.

Last year, religious institutions were eligible for jobkeeper payments of $1,500 fortnightly per eligible employee if their actual or projected revenue fell by more than 15% in a given period compared to the same period the previous year.

Victory Life Centre’s accounts show that over the course of the 2019-20 financial year its revenue, excluding government subsidies, fell by only $19,669, or about 0.72%, to about $2.7m.
Rip-off arsehole! Bloody hypocrite to boot, given everyone would be protected by the blood of Jesus. What wankers actually swallow that drivel? Stupid gullible people. Fools and their money! However, why would the Government take my tax dollars and hand them to this non tax paying bunch, led by Queen Grifter Margaret bloody Court.

I hope the Government puts immense pressure on her to give that money back.

This really shits me.