Humpty's attack dogs get sued.

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Aussie

Humpty's attack dogs get sued.

Post by Aussie » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:05 am

Ripper! Let's see where this goes.

Link.
Dominion Voting Systems, a technology company that was targeted with disinformation by former President Donald Trump and allies, filed lawsuits on Tuesday against two right-wing television channels, alleging they aided the spread of baseless conspiracy theories about its role in the 2020 election.
The lawsuits, which are the latest in a string of legal action from the company, name Newsmax and One America News as defendants. The lawsuit against OAN also named two of the network's far-right personalities, Chanel Rion and Christina Bobb, as well as the network's owners, Robert and Charles Herring.
John Poulos, the chief executive of Dominion, said in a statement that the networks "disregarded the truth when they spread lies in November" and that they "continue to do so today."

In the immediate aftermath of the 2020 election, then-President Trump falsely asserted that the election had been rigged against him. His media allies promoted outlandish conspiracy theories about Dominion to support Trump's false claims.
Rudy has been suspended in two States and Powell can't be far behind, especially given her absurd defence to being sued herself, i.e. ~ "no-one in their right mind would have believed a word I said" (or similar)....so sayeth The Kraken!

:clap

Aussie

Re: Humpty's attack dogs get sued.

Post by Aussie » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:38 pm

And.....there is more!

Link.
A federal judge in Washington, DC, on Wednesday denied motions from Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell seeking to dismiss defamation lawsuits brought against them by Dominion Voting Systems.

Dominion sued Giuliani, Powell, and MyPillow, alleging $1.3 billion in damages in three separate lawsuits filed in January and February, saying they made defamatory claims about the company's role in the 2020 election by promoting false election conspiracy theories.

Each of the defendants asked US District Judge Carl J. Nichols to dismiss the lawsuits. Nichols heard arguments over the matter at a marathon 4-hour hearing in June.

The ruling means that all of the multibillion-dollar defamation lawsuits from Dominion Voting Systems will proceed in full against Giuliani, Powell, and Lindell.

The three allies of former President Donald Trump pushed false conspiracy theories about Dominion's role in the 2020 presidential election. Giuliani and Powell, working as lawyers for Trump's campaign and on their own, falsely said Dominion was secretly founded in Venezuela and manipulated election results as part of a plot first set in motion by now-dead Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez. Mike Lindell has claimed a shadowy international consortium hacked Dominion's election machines, and continues to perpetuate those claims, hosting a "cyber symposium" about the subject this week.

Nichols' ruling comes a day after Dominion filed three new lawsuits against the right-wing media networks One America News and Newsmax, which it also accuses of pushing false theories, as well as former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne. Dominion has also sued Fox News over the claims. Smartmatic, also implicated in many false election conspiracy theories, has additionally sued numerous people and entities involved in the falsehoods.
Great stuff. Chickens roosting.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:25 am

Let's see.

From what I saw, their BS would truly damage a company's reputation so i think there is a case for real damage as a result.

I see a few bankruptcies on the way.

Where is Trump, he will let them fall?. I really is smarter than people think. He is always just out of reach of anything sticking to him legally.

"I have been told", 'people say".
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:49 am

Why can't people use the proper name? Trump is his name.
Humpty Dumpty is a character in an English nursery rhyme, probably originally a riddle and one of the best known in the English-speaking world.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:42 am

Neferti~ wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:49 am
Humpty Dumpty is a character in an English nursery rhyme, probably originally a riddle and one of the best known in the English-speaking world.
Yeas....but I have been referring to him as Humpty Trumpty for years. Sing the nursery rhyme in your head using the words Humpty Trumpty....suits the grub to a 't.'

And......why can't you refer to 'Aussie' as 'Aussie' that being the user name?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:49 am

Aussie wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:42 am
Neferti~ wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:49 am
Yeas....but I have been referring to him as Humpty Trumpty for years. Sing the nursery rhyme in your head using the words Humpty Trumpty....suits the grub to a 't.'

And......why can't you refer to 'Aussie' as 'Aussie' that being the user name?
You give any REAL Australian (Aussie) a bad name, so ARSIE it is. Get it? Good!