Muzzo terrorist claims he will be radicalized in gaol

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Valkie

Muzzo terrorist claims he will be radicalized in gaol

Post by Valkie » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:42 am

BETTER STILL, DEPORT HIM TO AFGHANISTAN

Radical bid to be freed
PERRY DUFFIN

Accused terrorist Joseph Saadieh who is seeking bail.

‘Let me out of jail so I don’t become an extremist’: Accused

AN accused ISIS acolyte warns he could be radicalised in prison if he is not bailed but authorities have a warning of their own – they can’t safely monitor defendants bailed with private ankle monitors.

Chester Hill’s Joseph Saadieh was charged with being a member of a terrorist group after police claimed he pledged allegiance to ISIS and immersed himself in violent jihadi propaganda.

Saadieh’s lawyers say in 2018 he appeared to support extremist ideology as a confused young man – but deny he is a member of the group.

His lawyer, Osman Samin, campaigned for him to be released on “extreme” bail conditions.

A series of “escalating” Instagram posts triggered Sadieh’s arrest in June, the court heard. Police claim they found explosive recipes, knife attack methods and violent propaganda including beheadings on his phone.

Mr Samin said Saadieh would abide by 31 conditions if released which include reporting to police, removing his bedroom door so his parents can maintain constant supervision and he would attend deradicalisation programs.

The lawyer said there was a risk Saadieh would be radicalised while locked up on remand alongside the convicted terrorists.

Saadieh has also volunteered to wear an electronic ankle monitor.

Currently, in NSW, there are two types of ankle monitors.

Corrective Services NSW and police latch their version onto the leg of convicted killers, rapists and terrorists and watch them hawkishly.

Private companies provide the other type and, in exchange for tens of thousands of dollars, will put them on defendants so the operators can report potential breaches to police.

But Justice Peter Hamill SC said police were now repeatedly telling the courts that the private system does not work. He will hand down his decision on bail at a later date.

“The NSW Police don’t have the capacity to effectively monitor (people bailed on ankle monitors),” Justice Hamill said.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream