War - Its only a matter of time

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Redneck

War - Its only a matter of time

Post by Redneck » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:08 am

I think the western world and Australia in particular has failed to heed the old saying...

"A Time Of Peace is a time to prepare for war."

It has finally started with the new Hitler of the world Putin in Russia attacking Unkraine.

Here are we with no Nuclear weapons, Crappy old submarines and not much else.

We are doomed!!

Outlaw Yogi

Re: War - Its only a matter of time

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:08 pm

Redneck wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:08 am
I think the western world and Australia in particular has failed to heed the old saying...

It has finally started with the new Hitler of the world Putin in Russia attacking Unkraine.

We are doomed!!
And who's fault is that ALP member?
When Gillard was PM she cut military spending and her defense minister wouldn't allow the army to buy bullets for training.
All you pinko saboteurs of westernised civilisation have shit in our bed, now it's time for you to sleep in it.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:12 pm

BTW, I regard Putin as like Mussolini.

Because the scenario is Nazi China buddying up with Fascist Russia.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:32 pm

Outlaw Yogi wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:08 pm
Redneck wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:08 am

We are doomed!!
And who's fault is that ALP member?
When Gillard was PM she cut military spending and her defense minister wouldn't allow the army to buy bullets for training.
All you pinko saboteurs of westernised civilisation have shit in our bed, now it's time for you to sleep in it.
Are you on drugs? Labor have only been in govt. for 6 of the last 26 yrs, and the last time was 9yrs ago ..... at what point do the libs take responsibility?

Don't you think it's time you sent scummo a message to let him know he's the PM?

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:41 pm

No I smoked weed for 30 years, then gave up due to a lung infection.
Years back I gave up baccy for 6 months but had a duffle bag (3 pounds) of weed for substitute.
Recently I gave up baccy proper ... so NO dwugs man.
Just in time too, 'coz it was either give up baccy or petrol, and it's 40km to town.

Yeah the Libs have been pitiful with defense spending and phuking atrocious on defense procurement (everything bought/acquired is a dud) but the ALP has been down right treasonous with their anti-military (with the exception of Kim Beasley) pro China scheming and machinations.
Under Rudd ALP wrote white papers outlining "needs" but procrastinated over everything forever.

The Libs have been next to useless. The ALP should be deported to a gulag in Antarctica.

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:50 pm

Outlaw Yogi wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:41 pm
No I smoked weed for 30 years, then gave up due to a lung infection.
Years back I gave up baccy for 6 months but had a duffle bag (3 pounds) of weed for substitute.
Recently I gave up baccy proper ... so NO dwugs man.
so you can't even use that as an excuse
Outlaw Yogi wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:41 pm
Yeah the Libs have been pitiful with defense spending and phuking atrocious on defense procurement (everything bought/acquired is a dud) but the ALP has been down right treasonous with their anti-military (with the exception of Kim Beasley) pro China scheming and machinations.
rubbish. Any defense shortfall is the full responsibility of the liberal govt. Labor shoulda woulda coulda doesn't excuse the libs piss poor performance. I also see that you forgot to mention that labor has over the years supported pretty much all of the libs military spending policies.

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:25 pm

I haven't forgotten anything brain storm.
I haven't forgotten that ALP under Gillard cut defense spending to its lowest since WW2.
I haven't forgotten a young bloke next to my parent's house joining the army in the mid 80s (so that'd be the Hawke/Keating era)
complaining that Minister for Defence Science and Personnel - Ros Kelly - wouldn't allow the army to buy bullets for training or marksman practice.
I haven't forgotten the ALP has had an anti-military agenda for decades and what they say doesn't reflect what they do.
I grew up in a staunch ALP household, but I'll never support them at the ballot box or in sprit - they're full of shit!

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:31 pm

Outlaw Yogi wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:25 pm
I haven't forgotten that ALP under Gillard cut defense spending to its lowest since WW2
gillard was 9 yrs ago .. :oops
Outlaw Yogi wrote:
I haven't forgotten a young bloke next to my parent's house joining the army in the mid 80s (so that'd be the Hawke/Keating era)
even worse, 26 years ago

and you blame them for whatever shortcoming you think defense spending has, whilst ignoring the fact that the libs have been in charge for 20 of the last 26 years. At what point do you hold the libs to account? Do they have to be in govt. for 50 yrs before you hold them to account?
Outlaw Yogi wrote:
I haven't forgotten the ALP has had an anti-military agenda for decades and what they say doesn't reflect what they do.
hyperbolic crap
Outlaw Yogi wrote:
I grew up in a staunch ALP household, but I'll never support them at the ballot box or in sprit - they're full of shit!
and there's your problem in a nutshell. Your mind is made up no matter what the reality is. You don't care what happens, or who does what, all you care is that the libs aren't blamed. :oops

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:00 am

My latest thought on the war:
It's time the Ukrainians cut off all: fuel, food and ammo to the Russians -
then surround them and either kill them or take them as prisoners -
then use them as slave labor to help rebuild Ukraine.
Don't let them go back to Russia to have another go later.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:38 am

Peace talks are apparently progressing, probably Ukraine will lose more territory and Zelenskyy has acknowledged that Ukraine will not join NATO

Things are going to bog down as the melt starts and other than sealed roads turn to bottomless mud. Good luck corduroying thousands of kilometres of unsealed roads! Ukrainian defence forces may be able to destroy a lot more bogged-down russian tanks and other vehicles, interdict supply convoys etc. Ukraine still has pretty much all its tanks so a counterattack by them is possible once summer dries the mud.