Post Christmass recovery

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Jovial Monk

Post Christmass recovery

Post by Jovial Monk » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:46 am

So what did everybody do, sleep off the excess or what?

I took a little walk :)

Jovial Monk

Re: Post Christmass recovery

Post by Jovial Monk » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:29 am

Had meant to do the next stage of the Torrens Linear Park, the bit through the Adelaide parklands this morning. However when I opened my bleary eyes the NewsRadio announcer was warbling on about it being 7.00am. Bit late for a longish walk on a hot day!

So went to local dog park, let Demi run around for 15 minutes then "Working!" and it was heeling, sitting, staying, left about turn, right about turn etc. With the other dogs there lots of distractions for Demi to get used to: there will be lots of other dogs at the trial Wed evening, so she has to get used to it!

About to go to Farmers Market for some fresh veges etc.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:20 am

After the big family gathering yesterday, with Christmas "games" organised by my phys. ed. teaching brother-in-law, I can hardly move. :( So I'll be watching the cricket.

Back to work tomorrow. :cry:
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

mantra.

Post by mantra. » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:39 pm

I spent Xmas Day preparing food and making people comfortable. I took the dog for a walk in the evening - then spent half the night administering antibiotics by eye dropper to the rooster. He's sick & isn't getting better regardless of my dedicated nursing skills.

The break has been nice though. We recently got Foxtel which is a novelty at the moment - I don't watch much TV - but wasted a good part of Boxing Day watching the Dog Whisperer, animal rescue shows and generally doing exactly what I felt like without too many demands.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Was at Farmers Market at 11.00am, decided it wasn't hot at all, so did the Torrens Linear Park stage 3, Adelaide Parklands and a bit into Walkerville. took a lot of photos, will process these later: a four hour walk is a tad tiring! Demi, my terrier bitch, loves the long walks.

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:11 pm

I watched two stray cats fuck to the soundtrack of Bruce Springsteen's 'Born in the USA.'

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:09 pm

You should have shot the fuckers!

http://www.jovialmonk.com.au/images/TLP/TLP3.htm

Above is record of my walk today.

mantra.

Post by mantra. » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:45 pm

Nice photos Dita - looks like it was a great walk. Very cute dog - I used to have one that looked almost the same as your "Demi" except he was about 6 times larger - a Wolfhound cross. I had him for 14 years and even though he's been gone for 10 years - I still miss him.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:52 am

Yeah Demi is only 10Kg or so.

We had a chiuahua before Demi, had to have her put down just before Christmass 2006. I still miss that dog! I used to take it to work, to visit clients etc. She even came into a courtroom hidden in a sportsbag one time I was chasing a slow payer :)