Doing anything interesting for New Years Eve?

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
mantra.

Re: Doing anything interesting for New Years Eve?

Post by mantra. » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:45 am

That's the same one you had in the other photo Monk. I prefer mutts as well. Barking dogs are obviously frustrated. I only ever had one barking dog and that was if I didn't come home at night by a certain time he would start. The rest of the time he was as quiet as a mouse, but he knew my routine and lived by it.

I've never had trouble with obedience - it's always come naturally to any dog I've had, thank goodness. They know what your words mean and what you think. They know when they're going for a walk before you've even fully made up your mind to take them on one.

I was given a kitten (had her for 16 years, but would never get another cat) and she loved this gentle giant of a dog I had. He would just lie there relaxed, while she kneaded his belly and suckled him - strange sight. When she had a litter of kittens, he brought them all out to me one by one holding them gently by the scruff of the neck and placed them beside me. For all his gentleness, he was very protective. Friends would call him gay - but there was nothing gay about my Benji. Someone was a bit aggressive to me once and he just jumped up on this person growling savagely and they took off like a bullet. The one time I really needed his protection and he did his job effectively.

Other dogs since have chased intruders away and given strong warnings to strangers, but never had such a gentle nature.

I could never not have a dog - basically for protection, but they are such giving, faithful creatures and live only for us.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:05 pm

"live only for us" hmmm you have never had a terrier eh? Live only for themselves :)

But dogs can be a valuable resource.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:30 pm

Jovial Monk wrote:dog did really really well in the trial, up till the recall when she ran past me AND FUCKING BOMBED THE WHOLE TRIAL! :(

Ah well, another trial in a few months.

Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck!
http://nerdnirvana.org/2008/12/27/very-obedient-dog/

Good luck. My best-ever dog failed obedience class twice but we came to an arrangement.
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Heheheh Demi took a swim today

http://www.jovialmonk.com.au/TLP/TheSwim.pdf

cynik

Post by cynik » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:41 am

Man, you guys sell homebrew for a pretty reasonable price. Good website, too.

So cheap!!!

Makes me want to come back to Australia and go totally acoholic and on the dole.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:46 pm

The Jovial Monk Home Brew Shop is Adelaide's iconic HBS. Beginners to full mash brewers (who make beer starting with grain, hops, water & yeast, a process that takes about 7 hours) plus good winemaking gear, yeasts & chemicals, stills etc.

Even a good kit beer is all malt or nearly so, has no chemicals in it, and the yeast in the beer protects you from hangovers!

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:39 am

We used to make our own - and cider. Unfortunately, we found we drank too much of it. It was good stuff.
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Not NYE but went to Willunga Farmers Market today--normally I can't go because it is on bloody Saturday :(

Got some great rump steak and beef with herb & garlick sausages. A heap of native plants incl a silver Banksia, warrengal spinach etc and three muntries (native crabapple) etc etc. Real celebration of food, all local. some hippy shit like ground coconut palm sugar with grated cocoa dibs & vanilla bean, the way to sweeten up a latte!

Now recovering eating rock melon & prosciutto.