Doing anything interesting for New Years Eve?

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Jovial Monk

Doing anything interesting for New Years Eve?

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:38 pm

I am closing up in 24 minutes, start of a glorious 8 day break!

Closing early to get ready to take my stupid Jack Russell/Silky terrier bitch to Gawler for a dog obedience trial, our first real trial. Weird way to celebrate the new year or what? Apparently quite a drunken show so should be fun.

Jovial Monk

Re: Doing anything interesting for New Years Eve?

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:47 pm

Last edited by Jovial Monk on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

cynik

Post by cynik » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 pm

You are a curious individual, dita.

Happy new year to you and the mutt.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:55 pm

and to you

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:57 pm

but yeah doing the trial result of a long chain of events

TomB

Post by TomB » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:05 pm

I shall be watching you drunken 'tards make dicks of yourself while conducting myself with decorum. ;)
You vote, you lose!

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:28 am

dog did really really well in the trial, up till the recall when she ran past me AND FUCKING BOMBED THE WHOLE TRIAL! :(

Ah well, another trial in a few months.

Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck!

cynik

Post by cynik » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:59 am

:D

I think I like your dog.

And it sure sounds like a trial. Like an ordeal, in fact. Maybe they should call them Obedience Ordeals?

Anyway, what is with the fascination of getting the little mutt to act reasonably? I have tried it frogen for years, and it just isn;t worth the effort.

mantra.

Post by mantra. » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:34 am

Frogen is nice. He never says anything nasty - that I've noticed. I don't agree with his political views, but that's about it.

Monk - the photo of your dog couldn't be accessed for some reason. Have you got 2 dogs? Don't they have to be pedigrees for trials?
Last edited by mantra. on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:02 am

I have fixed that first link, Mantra.

No, only pedigree dogs go into shows. Would bore me to death "here is my dog, its got a head, tail at other end & four legs." In Shows judges look for breed characteristics, how well it is groomed & other totally boring shit.

Any dog, even a mutt (and I prefer mutts, their hybrid vigor gives them more resistance to disease etc) should behave properly. I laugh when I see someone 'walking' their biggish dog and the dog is dragging them the whole way! Who is walking whom? The other aspect of dog behavior is barking.

In the morning when I paddle out to the back veranda to drink coffee the alsation dog over the back fence starts barking and keeps it up for 10-15 minutes. If the tennis ball I throw for my dog to chase hits the back fence it starts up again. Very boring! My dog gets plenty of walking (my way of trying to get fitter and less fatter) as you can see here (also TLP2.htm & TLP3.htm.) With all that exercise and things to explore she is not bored & doesn't bark bark bark bark. She is energetic and it was a pain walking her until starting the obedience lessons. I got her up to grade 5 which is some doing with a terrier! People into this stuff have border collies etc, working dogs.

In the winter I walked in the Adelaide Hills, following the Pioneer Womens Trail (still have to do small last stretch bridgewater to Verdun) but snakes are out now with the warmer weather so Torrens Linear Park it is. After that might walk the beaches of Adelaide, from Hallett Cove to North Haven.