The New Year--2009

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
cynik

Re: The New Year--2009

Post by cynik » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:37 am

"One of the best things about being young is the excitement and anticipation of meeting the perfect person."

Yeah. :?

Sure it is.

Maybe that is one of the core differences between men and women. Maybe I have always been a cynic. But I never wondered about meeting "the perfect person", nor anticipated it. As a young man I was interested in money and female ass. I had a certain religious appreciation for firepower, as well.

Tip for old people wondering what to do to make young people like you:

Give them money. Works with boys and girls.

mantra.

Post by mantra. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:52 am

"One of the best things about being young is the excitement and anticipation of meeting the perfect person."

Yeah.

Sure it is.

Maybe that is one of the core differences between men and women. Maybe I have always been a cynic. But I never wondered about meeting "the perfect person", nor anticipated it. As a young man I was interested in money and female ass. I had a certain religious appreciation for firepower, as well.

Tip for old people wondering what to do to make young people like you:

Give them money. Works with boys and girls.
Yes it sounds like you are a bit of a cynic Cynik. Well perhaps we didn't always look for the perfect person, but maybe almost perfect. Never being overly materialistic - money wasn't a drawcard, but fun was. I always thought that men who flashed their money were a little insecure, not that there's anything wrong with that - because it would be a rare young woman who would reject a man solely on the grounds of having a little cash.

I don't know whether I was really that particular about personalities either, unless they were psychotic, but I think mental stimulation was first on the list, then looks or it might have been the other way around.

You don't have to give young people money to make them like you. I find younger people prefer your attention to your money.

cynik

Post by cynik » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:00 am

I never wanted money so I could flash it around. Least of all in front of women. I worked out early on that if you flash money to women, it vanishes without trace, like a dog at bathtime.

Cyniks tip for young players: DO NOT SHOW WOMEN YOUR MONEY. They'll have it, and there will be nothing you can do about it.

Just, you know, give the impression, subtly, that your dad owns a farm or a bank or something. Then don't talk about money. Pretend it is beneath you.

Money buys stuff. Money is useful. DO NOT SHOW WOMEN YOUR MONEY. YOU WILL LOSE IT.

mantra.

Post by mantra. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:09 am

Money buys stuff. Money is useful.
True and true.
DO NOT SHOW WOMEN YOUR MONEY. YOU WILL LOSE IT.
True and false.

Why do males believe that women take their money? Obviously some do, but there are many independent, responsible women who would prefer their own money and rightly so. To take a man's money immediately obligates you. You owe them. Some us prefer to live without debt.

cynik

Post by cynik » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:15 am

I didn't say women take the money. I said it goes. Men lose it, when they are around women.

Of course women prefer their own money, and shun money from men. Course.

I mean, we all knew that.

mantra.

Post by mantra. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:29 am

I didn't say women take the money. I said it goes. Men lose it, when they are around women.

Of course women prefer their own money, and shun money from men. Course.

I mean, we all knew that.
Hmmmm..... :lol:

Rainbow Moonlight

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:40 pm

I was a bit worried about my daughter's boyfriend as they had never met. But she is smart girl and she has talked on the net with him for a couple of years now. I myself had spoken once on the net to him. It was much more preferable in my eyes for him to come here and stay with us (she paid for his ticket) than for her to go over to a foreign country where she does not speak the language. He is also several years older than her. It was time for them to meet in my view.

You talk about all the wasted time on the net when you meet someone and then it does not work out. But the point is it isn't wasted time- they are your good friend on the net anyway and the relationship has been beneficial to both parties while it lasted anyway.

I think the net can be a good way to get to know someone. I met my husband on the net, so maybe I am biased.

I do think it is a good way for lonely intelligent realistic ethical people to meet a partner.

cynik

Post by cynik » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:52 pm

Have you guys seen Wall E. the pixar cartoon about the lonely robot cleaning unit?

Fucking awesome, but anyway... there is the part when all the fatbody humans are being whisked around on floating chairs, and speaking to each other through video screens. Even when they are right next to each other. Kind of neat.

Great movie, you gotta see it if you haven't. There are no words for the first 50 minutes or so, and no humans.

And it is totally entertaining. THAT is movie making, right there. Rispect for the naggaz what did that shit.

Rainbow Moonlight

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Yep great movie.