REFERENDUM WILL MAKE AUSSIE DICTATOR

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
freediver

REFERENDUM WILL MAKE AUSSIE DICTATOR

Post by freediver » Fri May 13, 2011 10:48 pm

If this referendum passes, Aussie will be able to appoint himself dictator. Please ask yourself, is this really what you want? Then change your vote to no:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/polanimal/view ... f=8&t=8223

JM has already started a petition to remove Aussie as admin. Under Aussie's proposal, when this petition expires Aussie will be able to do as he pleases for at least 3 months and there is nothing you can do to stop him. He could ban everyone who opposes him and start a referendum to make himself permanent dictator. He could start 100 referendums a week, and if you did not vote no on all of them they would end up passing. He could do all sorts of crazy shit that no-one but Aussie would ever think of. He would follow through on his many threats to destroy the constitution.

At the moment, the only thing protecting you, the members, from Aussie is your ability to start a petition to trigger an election at any time. Aussie's referendum takes this right away from you.

Aussie initially started the referendum on the pretext of getting rid of 'nuisance' petitions. This is a lie. He originally put a one month limit before he could remove them, which was silly enough. Now he has changed it to two months. This is clearly useless from the perspective of getting rid of nuisance petitions and Aussie has never tried to argue that the time limit needs to be kept short to deal with the nuisance petition problem.

There is no need to restrict petitions. If they have no interest, then they won't get the signatures and you can ignore them. This is not the case with Aussie and his referendums.

What this referendum is really about is how Aussie got ousted last time. Several members waited more than two months to sign, for the simple reason that an opposition candidate had not stepped forward. Aussie claims that this is not a valid choice, but it is. Aussie is trying to force the members into either having an election when there is no opposition canddiate or falling into a position where they are not only banned from triggering an election, but where Aussie can force through whatever other changes he wants to make to the constitution. The constitution currently provides limited protection in the case of banning members to cement power, but this only applies to petitions, which is what Aussie is trying to ban.

Aussie has since been claiming that there will be a mechanism to remove an unwanted admin under his proposal. This is a lie. He specifically included a three month time limit where he is effectively dictator to deny people this mechanism. The whole point of a consititution is to protect you, the members, in the worst case scenario. Aussie's referendum will make this worst case scenario real.

Aussie has made no secret of his complete disdain for the constitution. It is naive to believe he suddenly respects it or respects the ability of members to vote in a new admin when they deem it necessary. It is naive to think this is about anything other than cementing Aussies power. If you let this referendum pass, you will be stuck with Aussie forever and I will not get you out of it.

Even more reasons to vote no:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/polanimal/view ... f=8&t=8252

Rainbow Moonlight

Re: REFERENDUM WILL MAKE AUSSIE DICTATOR

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Sat May 14, 2011 10:47 am

I think it is a joke that you can start a thread like this freediver.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sat May 14, 2011 10:57 am

After a few more amendments by Napoleon Aussie I maybe we won’t be able to.

Hmmm or, rather, you won’t be able to: I will be out of here if that first amendment passes. ele, Aussie needs a firm NO so he stops this dictatorial shit and concentrates on being a good Admin.

The changes he has made and one more to come should make this place a bit more fun, there is no need for the crap he is pulling.

mantra

Post by mantra » Sat May 14, 2011 11:35 am

Rainbow Moonlight wrote:I think it is a joke that you can start a thread like this freediver.
You might think it's a joke - but many others don't. Be grateful that FD has given you the courtesy of this notice. If I was FD - I would have just taken control of this forum and put Boxy back in charge.

I'm hoping FD does have the guts to take back control of PA and others would be backing him. PA is no longer available for all the members, but only an exclusive set of people. I can't even send PM's to anyone except admin & the management and this happened on Monk's blog also until I complained.

You lot could have made Monk's or Aussie's blog to your specifications instead you changed it to a copy cat of the other PA's. You don't want to share this place with anyone except your only little cliquey group.

It is not PA of 5 or 6 years ago - it is a different PA owned by someone else and it doesn't just belong to you, Aussie and Monk/Annie.
Last edited by mantra on Sat May 14, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sat May 14, 2011 11:36 am

There is no Monk/Annie.

An Admin can prevent someone sending or receiving PMs but can’t set it to particular sets of members: you would know this from your Admin of Pol. Menagerie. Stop telling lies Mantra.

mantra

Post by mantra » Sat May 14, 2011 11:50 am

Jovial Monk wrote:There is no Monk/Annie.

An Admin can prevent someone sending or receiving PMs but can’t set it to particular sets of members: you would know this from your Admin of Pol. Menagerie. Stop telling lies Mantra.
That's a porky for a start Monk - because it's just happened - twice. I can receive them, but can't reply.

Mel couldn't get into Off Topic yesterday.

Are you lot having hysterics playing around with memberships behind the scenes.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sat May 14, 2011 11:55 am

mantra wrote:
Jovial Monk wrote:There is no Monk/Annie.

That's a porky for a start Monk - because it's just happened - twice. I can receive them, but can't reply.

Mel couldn't get into Off Topic yesterday.

Are you lot having hysterics playing around with memberships behind the scenes.
I did say an Admin can stop someone sending or receiving PMs, so no porky there on my part.

You damn well sent a PM to me earlier today, probably the only honest words you have posted here in a while. I think your PC or network is a bit flaky.

I cannot play around with memberships because I am neither admin nor mod. Who fills you up with all these lies and crap Mantra, or do you come up with them yourself? Mel’s thread had been moved to the Cess Pit, with likely a shadow thread left behind. If you stop being hysterical you soon see the real, rational reasons for stuff. What I said in my PM to you I meant.

mantra

Post by mantra » Sat May 14, 2011 11:57 am

OK - so are you saying Aussie's responsible for allowing PM's to be sent and not received? This means he's hacked into Shared Puppet's account - sent me 2 pm's to which I can't reply?

That's exactly what's happened. Also Mel is IT savvy enough to know when she's been excluded from Off Topic.

Stop blaming my computer - it only happens on your forums and I don't believe for a second you don't have access to the controls.

mantra

Post by mantra » Sat May 14, 2011 12:03 pm

FD - if you read this - this forum isn't welcoming to other members. Aussie or Annie/Monk have been in there hacking accounts and testing them out.

Someone was using my membership early this morning and before anyone says this can't be done - it's happened here before and not just with me. I received an email not long ago giving me the details of another members account of which I notified you. It's not hard for a moderator or admin to redirect a member's password to their own email temporarily.
Last edited by mantra on Sat May 14, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sat May 14, 2011 12:03 pm

I didn’t say Aussie had done anything and especially not hacked anyone’s account—try lowering the hysteria Mantra, it does you no favors. I said an Admin (Admin, not mod) can set member’s PM privileges to none, receive only or send only. These are the settings and Admin can set using the Admin Control Panel.

I don’t know if Aussie has done any such thing, just saying what is possible.

An Admin cannot read anyone’s PMs but his own, OK?