internet relationships and real ones

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Rainbow Moonlight

internet relationships and real ones

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:30 pm

Should kids be encouraged to form internet friendships and relationships? Should parents support them in such friendships as with ordinary ones?

freediver

Re: internet relationships and real ones

Post by freediver » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:50 pm

No. Kids should be encouraged to get some exercise and get some real friends. There is a lot of social pressure on kids and many reasons for them to want to escape, but they should face up to the real world. Computer skills are one thing you don't need to get them started early on.

Rainbow Moonlight

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:51 pm

But if kids are lonely online friends can help them feel connected - they can also be a way to further school friendships.

freediver

Post by freediver » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:53 pm

I guess you just need to keep an eye on things. Is it helping their social skills, or hindering them? Are they escaping, or embracing?

Rainbow Moonlight

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Or both. In my experience I think it is largely positive for them. I am a little worried about my eldest who appears to have fallen in love over the net.

freediver

Post by freediver » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Learning how to deal with the opposite sex can be difficult. I'd be concerned about that too. There is a steep learning curve on your first few relationships, and you aren't going to learn it unless you interact in person in uncomfortable situations.

pakistani_dalek

Post by pakistani_dalek » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:26 am

Rainbow Moonlight wrote:Or both. In my experience I think it is largely positive for them. I am a little worried about my eldest who appears to have fallen in love over the net.
Alarm bells should be sounding for you then. Living in a virtual world is not the real world..there are too many creeps on the net. Nothing can beat face to face human contact. FD is right..real friends ..sunshine and exercise.

Living in cyberspace can cause a child to lose touch with reality.

My kids have limited access to the internet.Mainly for school projects and stuff. This is after my girl experienced extreme bullying from one peer in particular..she would go to bed crying at times. The bully was a very vicious and malicious peice of work...even tho' in real life she was a slight weedy small insignificant "butter wouldnt melt" child who was very overindulged and spoilt.

When I approached the parent..they of course denied it could ever be theyre little darling..the root of the problem right there..

The net is good for information and forums (lol) ..kids should be limited and supervised.

deepthroate

Post by deepthroate » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:58 am

"The bully was a very vicious and malicious peice of work...even tho' in real life she was a slight weedy small insignificant "butter wouldnt melt" child who was very overindulged and spoilt"

Most are,I wonder what noiq and deepthoughty look like.

pakistani_dalek

Post by pakistani_dalek » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:15 am

deepthroate wrote:"The bully was a very vicious and malicious peice of work...even tho' in real life she was a slight weedy small insignificant "butter wouldnt melt" child who was very overindulged and spoilt"

Yes indeedy Deepthroat...you have to wonder dont you? :lol: :lol:

Just how deep is your throat btw? :mrgreen:

deepthroate

Post by deepthroate » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:58 am

pakistani_dalek wrote:
deepthroate wrote:"The bully was a very vicious and malicious peice of work...even tho' in real life she was a slight weedy small insignificant "butter wouldnt melt" child who was very overindulged and spoilt"

Yes indeedy Deepthroat...you have to wonder dont you? :lol: :lol:

Just how deep is your throat btw? :mrgreen:
I brag a little paki, I'm sure iq has a much deeper throat than I.