Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Neferti

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Neferti » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:09 pm

Aussie wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:02 pm
Texan wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:29 am
Aussie wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:49 am
Texan wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:44 am
Aussie wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:31 pm

Jayzuz...and until they can do that....what?

You really are a bigot, one of the worst I have encountered.
2nd worst. They can go back to their home country and learn English before coming over and expecting me to cater to them. They come for their benefit and not at my expense. If you're talking about refugees, the government can give them a crash course in English if they are to assimilate. Otherwise, it's up to them to assimilate. If they can convince me that their language is better, I'll learn it. I know I'm in a different country, but the idea is the same.

Someone asked me why I didn't speak Spanish once when I was working in El Paso. It took all I had to not go off on him about how this is America and the rest of the country speaks English. He was a customer, so I just told him I never had the need to learn. I have to temper my speech when I represent the company. And for the record, I'm not a bigot, I'm a nationalist.
Indeed, they should attend classes and the War their Country is in (or whatever circumstance they are in which gives them refugee qualifications) will pause, just for them to learn English.

What were you referring to when you posted '2nd worst?'
I mean that if your government wants to allow refugees, then they should take the responsibility to teach them the local language. Do it in your country if need be, but don't expect the population to have to cater to them in their foreign languages.

By "2nd worst", I'm referring to myself. I can be a very understanding and generous person, but I don't take well to people coming into my home and making demands of me. I have no patience for it and I'll gladly show them the door. If you cater to them in their language, you'll always cater to them in their language and they won't get along with the natives (you).
Waiting to hear back from my daughter who teaches refugees English. She'll know if Govt pays.
You really don't need to bother your daughter. Use Google and find out for yourself. I just did.

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.au/settl ... llenges/4/

Yes. The Government does pay!
The Australian Government funds free English language lessons for refugees who have resettled in Australia, as well as migrants, through the Adult Migrant Education Program (AMEP). This is one of the key settlement programs for refugees in Australia.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:14 pm

There ya go Texan. Any other point to make?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:36 pm

Aussie wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:14 pm
How about a bit of gratitude? You are one lazy sucker.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:46 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:36 pm
Aussie wrote:
You want gratitude for doing a simple Google search I could not be bothered doing?

Bizarre.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:20 pm

Texan wrote:
I mean that if your government wants to allow refugees, then they should take the responsibility to teach them the local language. Do it in your country if need be, but don't expect the population to have to cater to them in their foreign languages.

By "2nd worst", I'm referring to myself. I can be a very understanding and generous person, but I don't take well to people coming into my home and making demands of me. I have no patience for it and I'll gladly show them the door. If you cater to them in their language, you'll always cater to them in their language and they won't get along with the natives (you).
They should not be granted citizenship unless they have a basic grasp of the language of the host country. To refuse to understand the language implies lack of wanting to assimilate and the intent to form more enclaves within the host country and most of said enclaves are crime ridden.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:53 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:20 pm
Texan wrote:

They should not be granted citizenship unless they have a basic grasp of the language of the host country. To refuse to understand the language implies lack of wanting to assimilate and the intent to form more enclaves within the host country and most of said enclaves are crime ridden.

I'd agree with that.
Many migrants can hardly speak a word of English
yet they have been here for more than 40 years.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:47 pm

Aussie wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:46 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Aussie wrote:
You want gratitude for doing a simple Google search I could not be bothered doing?

Bizarre.
You are the one who is BIZARRE.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:09 pm

Write yer own scripts, stalking doxxer.

Setanta

Post by Setanta » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:29 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Aussie wrote:
I believe the correct response here is "Shut up you harridan!" Just sayin'.
I'm a turd.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:05 pm

The Real Aussie wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:29 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Aussie wrote:
I believe the correct response here is "Shut up you harridan!" Just sayin'.
The Unjovial Mong isn't around at the moment. ;)