I got an email from the "FBI"

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Bobby

I got an email from the "FBI"

Post by Bobby » Thu May 27, 2021 10:28 am

Here it is: :lol:

$2.5million USD is just waiting for me in
the Benin Republic in AFRICA. :lol:

Reply email address
bentivoglio.r@pois.tv

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division FBI Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
Federal Bureau of Investigation
J.Edgar Hoover Building 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C.

Attention Fund Beneficiary!!!

This e-mail has been issued to you in order to officially inform you that we have completed an investigation on an International Payment in which was issued to you by an International Lottery Company. With the help of our newly developed technology International Monitoring Network System, we discovered that your e- mail address was automatically selected by an Online Balloting System, this has legally won you the sum of $2.5million USD from a Lottery Company outside the United States of America. During our investigation, we discovered that your e- mail won the money from an Online Balloting System and we have authorized this winning to be paid to you ATM VISA CARD or CHECK.

We have successfully notified this company on your behalf that funds are to be drawn from a registered bank within the world winded, to enable you receive your fund instantly without any delay, henceforth the stated amount of $2.5million USD has been deposited with IMF. We have completed this investigation and you are hereby approved to receive the winning prize as we have verified the entire transaction to be Safe and 100\25 risk free, due to the fact that the funds have been deposited with IMF you will be required to contact the IMF Office in Benin Republic to settle the following bills directly to the IMF Office,

1 Deposit Fee's IMF INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
2 Shipping Fee's This is the charge for shipping the ATM VISA CARD to your home address

The total amount for everything is $285.00 We have tried our possible best to indicate that this $285.00 should be deducted from your winning prize but we found out that the funds have already been deposited to IMF and cannot be accessed by anyone apart from you the winner, therefore you will be required to pay the required fee's to the IMF Office in-charge of this transaction In order to proceed with this transaction, you will be required to contact IMF director in-charge KARIM BARHOUMI via e-mail. Kindly look below to find appropriate contact information:

CONTACT AGENT NAME: MR. KARIM BARHOUMI
E-mail: imfd766@gmail.com
You will be required to e-mail him with the following information:

1. Name in full.
2. Address.
3. Nationality.
4. Age.
5. Occupation.
6. Phone No.
7. Present Country.
8. Fax [optional].
9. Email address.

MR. CHRISTOPHER A. WRAY
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATIONS (F.B.I)

Texan

Re: I got an email from the "FBI"

Post by Texan » Thu May 27, 2021 11:47 am

It's your lucky day, but I would think the director of the FBI would include his title in the signature at the bottom of his emails. And I'm sure that the FBI director would be sending you this email personally, as it's so important to him.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu May 27, 2021 11:51 am

Texan wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:47 am
It's your lucky day, but I would think the director of the FBI would include his title in the signature at the bottom of his emails. And I'm sure that the FBI director would be sending you this email personally, as it's so important to him.

Hi Texan,
I give the $2.5 million to you.
Apply now and say that you're me. :rofl

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu May 27, 2021 12:06 pm

Dear Mr. Barhoumi,

Please send me the $2.5M and I will give you personally $10k after the funds are deposited safely and securely in my bank.

Best Regards,

Bobby

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu May 27, 2021 12:12 pm

Texan wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:06 pm
Dear Mr. Barhoumi,

Please send me the $2.5M and I will give you personally $10k after the funds are deposited safely and securely in my bank.

Best Regards,

Bobby
:lol:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu May 27, 2021 2:27 pm

I get stupid Chinese phone calls sometimes saying I am wanted by the FBI. I never listen long enough to figure out the scam though. Probably leave your card number at the tone and we'll take you off our most wanted list. Lol.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu May 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:27 pm
I get stupid Chinese phone calls sometimes saying I am wanted by the FBI. I never listen long enough to figure out the scam though. Probably leave your card number at the tone and we'll take you off our most wanted list. Lol.
They only succeed from the gullibility of retarded people.
There seem to be enough retards that they do make huge profits.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu May 27, 2021 2:38 pm

Bobby wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:36 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
In general people can be pretty stupid.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu May 27, 2021 2:41 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:38 pm
Bobby wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:36 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
In general people can be pretty stupid.

Don't quote me but I think the African scams made
over $40 million last year from gullible Australians.
Every day and as we speak - people are sending them money.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu May 27, 2021 3:28 pm

I had a friend when I was young whose family was Italian. His dad spoke excellent English and his mum's English was ok but broken. She'd get letters in the mail while the dad was at work demanding money for this or that and she'd pay it. The dad and sons didn't find out for years and God knows how much money she'd sent people.

Immigrants are a different class now and often the ones demanding the money. The internet has just made it easier for the scam artists.