My 'shed.'

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Aussie

Re: My 'shed.'

Post by Aussie » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:06 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:54 pm
REPEATED.

Aussie,
it's all explained here:
How To: Using the Edge Pro Drill Collar
Dec 16, 2011
The drill collar allows the user to pretty much instantly adjust for the difference in the thickness of each stone. Without the drill collar the user would need to manually adjust the angle arm which is difficult and time consuming. This method is fast and takes all of the guess work out of it.

Ya know, Bobby....I have looked at that Edge Pro thing. It is no better, in fact, in my view, less efficient than the Ruixin. Exactly the same function and mechanism, but way more expensive.

That 'angle' thing is easily overcome, you watch. I'll show you after my tool maker neighbour makes the suggested 'drill collar' which is a piece of piss to do.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:09 pm

The drill collar is only worth $4.00
it's just that hardly anyone knows about it
and many people stuff up many knives before they work it out for themselves.
In any case if your stones are exactly the same thickness then it won't matter.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:43 am

Braces added and wheels for easy movement around the Shed.
bench saw improved.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:07 am

Have now painted all those additions black so it looks quite schmick.

We had some scale/calcium buildup in a dunny bowl which rarely gets used. I could not budge the bastard until I got this from Bunnings.
calcium remover.png
Best to drain the bowl and then just pour that product in so that it covers the scale/calcium. Wait some hours....best is six hours......and the stuff comes off with some elbow grease and steel wool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:35 pm

Aussie wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:07 am

We had some scale/calcium buildup in a dunny bowl which rarely gets used. I could not budge the bastard until I got this from Bunnings.

calcium remover.png

Best to drain the bowl and then just pour that product in so that it covers the scale/calcium. Wait some hours....best is six hours......and the stuff comes off with some elbow grease and steel wool.
I believe vinegar also works.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:41 pm

Gordon wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:35 pm
Aussie wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:07 am

calcium remover.png

I believe vinegar also works.
A couple of cans of VB might do the job as well. ;) Depends on how much elbow grease you use. :thumb