Media bias check website

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.

Bobby

Re: Media bias check website

Post by Bobby » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:19 pm

I wanted to check up on this outrageous statement.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.ph ... arine-deal
China will nuke Australia BEFORE the subs are built rather than face the humiliation of being reigned-in by the existence of those vessels.
I put in the site

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/hal-turner-radio-show/

and it came up with:

Overall, we rate the Hal Turner Radio Show extreme right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of extreme right-wing propaganda, conspiracy theories, and hate. We also rate him Very Low in factual reporting due to an abysmal track record with fact-checking and little or no sourcing of information.

Detailed Report

Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Failed Fact Checks, Conspiracy Theories, Hate Group
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:58 am

Yeah I have used that site many times especially checking some of the dodgy ones Billy The Kid used to post.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:19 am

Redneck wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:58 am
Yeah I have used that site many times especially checking some of the dodgy ones Billy The Kid used to post.
It's a pity they don't have every website that I've used.

example

www.rt.com

although Wikipedia helps:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)
RT has been described as a major propaganda outlet for the Russian government and its foreign policy.[2] Academics, fact-checkers, and news reporters (including some current and former RT reporters) have identified RT as a purveyor of disinformation[42] and conspiracy theories

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:29 am

I thought the Australian ones were pretty predictable

Murdoch ones were right biased

The Age/SMH slightly left as was ABC.

Guardian was left leaning.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:42 am

Redneck wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:29 am
I thought the Australian ones were pretty predictable

Murdoch ones were right biased

The Age/SMH slightly left as was ABC.

Guardian was left leaning.
But the Guardian was full of pure lies:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-guardian/

Failed Fact Checks

Is everything you think you know about depression wrong? – False
Firms bidding for government contracts asked if they back Brexit. – False
The proportion of lung cancer cases only diagnosed after a visit to an A&E ranges from 15% in Guildford and Waverley in Surrey to 56% in Tower Hamlets and Manchester. – Inaccurate
Private renting is making millions of people ill. – False
The number of vegans in the UK has risen from half a million in 2016 to 3.5 million today. – False
New legislation introduced to change laws on workplace rights. – False
The justice budget has fallen by 40% since 2010. – False
“The proportion of people with a job who live in poverty went up for the third consecutive year in 2018 to a record high” – False
“The number of children needing foster care has risen by 44% during the coronavirus pandemic, creating a “state of emergency,” a children’s charity said.” – False
915 children admitted with malnutrition in Cambridge hospitals between 2015 and 2020. There were 656 similar admissions at Newcastle hospitals and 656 at the Royal Free London hospitals. – False

Overall, we rate The Guardian Left-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to numerous failed fact checks over the last 5 years. (5/18/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 03/10/2021)

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:30 am

Well, one of my sources, the Daily Telegraph, has disabled the ability to copy and past articles.

And until I work out how to post pictures on this forum, Ill be stuck with the basics.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:46 pm

Here's another site that is often used here:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

The Gateway Pundit

Last updated on June 21st, 2021 at 07:54 am

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. See all Questionable sources.

Overall, we rate The Gateway Pundit Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, and numerous instances of publishing false (fake) news.

Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Nationalism, Some Fake News, Numerous Failed Fact Checks
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:56 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:46 pm
Here's another site that is often used here:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

The Gateway Pundit

Last updated on June 21st, 2021 at 07:54 am

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. See all Questionable sources.

Overall, we rate The Gateway Pundit Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, and numerous instances of publishing false (fake) news.

Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Nationalism, Some Fake News, Numerous Failed Fact Checks
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
Yeah that one was often used by Billy The Kid.....