Media bias check website

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Bobby

Re: Media bias check website

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:58 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:56 pm

Yeah that one was often used by Billy The Kid.....
The Gateway Pundit

I think I have used it. :oops:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:07 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:56 pm
Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:46 pm
Here's another site that is often used here:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

The Gateway Pundit

Last updated on June 21st, 2021 at 07:54 am

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. See all Questionable sources.

Overall, we rate The Gateway Pundit Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, and numerous instances of publishing false (fake) news.

Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Nationalism, Some Fake News, Numerous Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Yeah that one was often used by Billy The Kid.....
Not that I ever saw. Billy used Zerohedge.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:11 pm

It doesn't really matter which site you use if the facts are backed up elsewhere. There was one nutbar here who went ballistic if people used YouTube. Not conspiracy stuff but say if they'd swear someone said 'this' or 'that' and you'd post the YouTube of the actual speech/address which discounted that they'd denounce the clip just because it was a YouTube.

I use links from across the board. Left and right.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:20 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:11 pm
It doesn't really matter which site you use if the facts are backed up elsewhere. There was one nutbar here who went ballistic if people used YouTube. Not conspiracy stuff but say if they'd swear someone said 'this' or 'that' and you'd post the YouTube of the actual speech/address which discounted that they'd denounce the clip just because it was a YouTube.

I use links from across the board. Left and right.
But the 2nd post here showed
that the Hal Turner Radio Show was most likely making up a bullshit story.
Notice they referred to
"The article cited an anonymous 'senior Chinese military expert'"

They made it up. :lol:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:35 pm

I have no idea who Hal Turner even is but on googling him he's just another nutjob. There are lots of BS sites out there and some of the fact checkers are BS too ie Snopes.

No-one seemed to care when an 'anonymous WH source' or 'expert' was cited re trashing Trump with lies and people are still carrying and spreading those lies.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:39 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:35 pm
I have no idea who Hal Turner even is but on googling him he's just another nutjob. There are lots of BS sites out there and some of the fact checkers are BS too ie Snopes.

No-one seemed to care when an 'anonymous WH source' or 'expert' was cited re trashing Trump with lies and people are still carrying and spreading those lies.
Anyone who trashed Trump deserved a medal imo!

Trump was the trasher in chief so deserved what he got the fucking arsehole !! :roll:

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:52 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:39 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

Anyone who trashed Trump deserved a medal imo!

Trump was the trasher in chief so deserved what he got the fucking arsehole !! :roll:
No one deserves to have fake news stories made about them.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Black Orchid wrote:

I would say that almost every website is full of bullshit.
Look back at how the so called respected Guardian has been printing pure lies!

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Black Orchid wrote:

I once saw an article that mentioned a "Whitehorse Souse". :rofl :rofl

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:54 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

I would say that almost every website is full of bullshit.
Look back at how the so called respected Guardian has been printing pure lies!
No different to the Murdoch papers printing right slanted stories.