Motor bikes

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Valkie

Motor bikes 2

Post by Valkie » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:40 pm

lisa jones wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:32 pm
:OMG

:WTF

😩

Dear Heavenly Father

Please please please let Valkie not be Redmond.

I like Valkie. I can't stand Redmond.

Amen
I am but one, me, valkie.

I have no idea nor interest in generating socks or hiding behind false posts.
I use this identity in several forums as well as this one, never changing, always Valkie.

My name comes from my old motorcycle that I have sadly since sold.
It was a Honda Valkyrie,
A 1500 CC, 6 cylinder behemoth with one carburetor for each cylinder.
I loved that bike, had it for many years, travelled many kilometers.

I have no interest in being a coward that needs socks to fight my battles for me.
I speak my mind, sometimes people agree, sometimes people don't.

But after 63 years on this planet, 47 years of working and paying taxes.
With three healthy and successful children and 6 grandchildren, including a wonderful young lady turning 21 this month

I believe I have had enough experience in many things and know quite a lot, not everything, but still a lot.

I have travelled to many parts of the world, not just tourist haunts, but the real world locations where I have made friends and enemies, learned much and have had my mind made up seeing the way some treat others.

I have seen the very best of people, and the very worst.
I have defended myself and family, and I have run away.
I love my wife with a passion, my children with a love only parents will ever know and my grandchildren with the love and pride of a doting grandfather.

I have earned my way, owning everything I have.
My home is modest but complete and full of love
We have all we need, and a little extra.
This month sees my wife and I married 41 years. But we have been together for better than 45 years.

We both give of ourselves without need of reward, gaining reward simply from giving.
I work for a rescue organisation as a volunteer, my wife has worked as a volunteer for the Salvation Army for 25 years.
And should any in my family require help, I'm there for them too.

I am myself, I am no sock nor do I have any.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

sprintcyclist

Motor bikes

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:25 pm

Valkie wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:40 pm

😩

Dear Heavenly Father

Amen

I use this identity in several forums as well as this one, never changing, always Valkie.

It was a Honda Valkyrie,

I have no interest in being a coward that needs socks to fight my battles for me.

With three healthy and successful children and 6 grandchildren, including a wonderful young lady turning 21 this month

I believe I have had enough experience in many things and know quite a lot, not everything, but still a lot.

I have travelled to many parts of the world, not just tourist haunts, but the real world locations where I have made friends and enemies, learned much and have had my mind made up seeing the way some treat others.

I love my wife with a passion, my children with a love only parents will ever know and my grandchildren with the love and pride of a doting grandfather.

This month sees my wife and I married 41 years. But we have been together for better than 45 years.

We both give of ourselves without need of reward, gaining reward simply from giving.
I work for a rescue organisation as a volunteer, my wife has worked as a volunteer for the Salvation Army for 25 years.

Valkies a very good man
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Redneck

Re: Lift The Bans and See What Happens

Post by Redneck » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:48 am

sprintcyclist wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:25 pm

😩

Dear Heavenly Father

Amen

It was a Honda Valkyrie,

Valkies a very good man
He certainly is !

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:14 am

It was a Honda Valkyrie,

So Valkie did you ever work overseas or just tourist travelled.

Where do you mean as an example when you say the real world locations?

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:47 am

Redneck wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:14 am

It was a Honda Valkyrie,

So Valkie did you ever work overseas or just tourist traveled.

Where do you mean as an example when you say the real world locations?
The majority of my travel was for work.
I worked for a multinational mining machine supplier and traveled to countries using our equipment and manufacturing it.

The list is quite extensive and for two particular years i was only home for 100 days out of the whole year, but mostly it was only about 25-30% of my time.
I traveled to mines and cities as well as regional areas where our equipment was used and abused.

Suffice to say I have seen Africa, Afghanistan, china, Egypt, Papua New Guinea, Germany, France, Finland, Russia, America, Canada, Sweden,The UK, Ireland, India and Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Romania, Spain and south Korea.

These are the basic countries, I traveled the regions mostly to remote mines and locations.
Some trips required several hours of fairly primitive transport over several days.
Some required security personnel with fully automatic weapons.
Only once did I ever feel in danger, but the security guards were brutal and had no qualms about shooting first.

Three places I hated and have vowed never to revisit.
Afghanistan, Iraque, Iran, India and Pakistan, any part of Africa. New Guinea comes very close.

Favorite places.
Germany, Finland and China

The experience I took away from all this.
Families are the same regardless of the country, all have children they love, uncontrollable kids, and strive to have more than they have.

Muzzo run countries are not civilized in any way and should be avoided.

When I started travelling with my wife on holidays, the locations were more main stream.
The UK, France, Germany and China.
These were tourist destinations and safer locations.
I have a dream

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:52 am

Thanks Valkie, very interesting!

I looked up those Honda Valkyrie bikes, I had forgotten about them,

wow big mutha fuuckers

:thumb

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:36 am

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:52 am

wow big mutha fuuckers

They were, at the time, the longest bike on the road.
They were a stripped down Honda Goldwing, souped up from 2 carbys to 6 for more responsive power, and surprisingly easy to tune.

But they were a dream to ride.
All of the heavy bulk of the motor was below the knees, moving the centre of gravity closer to the ground
The carbys, intake and air filter all fitted into a nice little cavity under and inside the fuel tank, which was only 22 litres.

The drive shaft to the rear wheel removed any chain noise and rattle, but the gearbox was quite noisy, due to the seriously over engineered gears.
I always ran full synthetic oil as anything less made gear changes a bit clunky and stiff.

Tyres were expensive, and wear was surprisingly ever both front and back.
Most bikes you replace the front less than the back, but the Valk was both at the same time, about once a year and at a cost of close to $1000.00 for the set.
Twin disk brakes on the front, single on the rear pulled up the beast quite well, but pads were generally required every two years.

As for handling, I often surprised many of my mates with how well this beast took corners, but you had to climb all over the seat when really pushing it because it coukd lean so well that the hero pegs scraped frequently. Another mate had a Valk and his engine bars were ground away as well, I was never that game.

Off the mark, after replacing the draconian main jet reduction required by our asshole RTA of 0.75mm to the correct 1.0mm jets, was an adrenilin inducing rush, from a standing start to 100kph could be achieved in 3 seconds (as long as you could get the traction on good road), often the back weel skipped and slipped a bit.

Overtaking was so exhilarating it was amazing.
A quick flick down a gear or two and snap of the wrist, you were going from 100kph to 160kph by the time you got past the car in front.

Best of all, they were a very quiet bike, at idle you would think it stalled and there was zero vibration from that beautifully balanced 6 cylinder boxer engine.
The exhaust noise was quite subdued, sounding more like a quiet formula 1 car at full song, but for normal riding, less than most cars.

I had a mate in the bike club that had a six into six exhaust system fitted.
It sounded like a full pack of Harlies coming down the street, not my idea of comfortable riding.

Loved my bike to death, but I had other priorities eventually and a vertigo issue (later found to be temporary) was the last straw.
I sold my baby.
But I'll always have the memory of the 12 years I owned the most beautiful bike ever.

If I ever work out how to post pictures in this forum, I'll post some of my baby.
I have a dream

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:36 am
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:52 am

wow big mutha fuuckers

They were, at the time, the longest bike on the road.
They were a stripped down Honda Goldwing, souped up from 2 carbys to 6 for more responsive power, and surprisingly easy to tune.

But they were a dream to ride.
All of the heavy bulk of the motor was below the knees, moving the centre of gravity closer to the ground
The carbys, intake and air filter all fitted into a nice little cavity under and inside the fuel tank, which was only 22 litres.

The drive shaft to the rear wheel removed any chain noise and rattle, but the gearbox was quite noisy, due to the seriously over engineered gears.
I always ran full synthetic oil as anything less made gear changes a bit clunky and stiff.

Tyres were expensive, and wear was surprisingly ever both front and back.
Most bikes you replace the front less than the back, but the Valk was both at the same time, about once a year and at a cost of close to $1000.00 for the set.
Twin disk brakes on the front, single on the rear pulled up the beast quite well, but pads were generally required every two years.

As for handling, I often surprised many of my mates with how well this beast took corners, but you had to climb all over the seat when really pushing it because it coukd lean so well that the hero pegs scraped frequently. Another mate had a Valk and his engine bars were ground away as well, I was never that game.

Off the mark, after replacing the draconian main jet reduction required by our asshole RTA of 0.75mm to the correct 1.0mm jets, was an adrenilin inducing rush, from a standing start to 100kph could be achieved in 3 seconds (as long as you could get the traction on good road), often the back weel skipped and slipped a bit.

Overtaking was so exhilarating it was amazing.
A quick flick down a gear or two and snap of the wrist, you were going from 100kph to 160kph by the time you got past the car in front.

Best of all, they were a very quiet bike, at idle you would think it stalled and there was zero vibration from that beautifully balanced 6 cylinder boxer engine.
The exhaust noise was quite subdued, sounding more like a quiet formula 1 car at full song, but for normal riding, less than most cars.

I had a mate in the bike club that had a six into six exhaust system fitted.
It sounded like a full pack of Harlies coming down the street, not my idea of comfortable riding.

Loved my bike to death, but I had other priorities eventually and a vertigo issue (later found to be temporary) was the last straw.
I sold my baby.
But I'll always have the memory of the 12 years I owned the most beautiful bike ever.

If I ever work out how to post pictures in this forum, I'll post some of my baby.
Very interesting Valkie,

I have owned a couple of 250 Suzukis (a trail and a road), must admit the trail was great as a lot of us work mates spent a lot of time bush bashing in the Brindabella Mountains behind Canberra

and three BMWs,
1. Started off with a second hand K100 1000cc water cooled in line 4 cylinder 5 speed transmission, which had great acceleration due to nice top gearing

2. The last new one was an R1150RT Boxer - 6 speed transmission, similar to the one in my logo it was a semi air cooled (had an extra oil cooler out the front) was geared a bit higher so despite having overall higher speed didn't have the top gear acceleration of the old K100.

3. Last but not least I still have an old R85 (Air Cooled 850cc Boxer) gathering dust in the shed.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:23 pm

I have great respect for the old BMW.
But they were never for me, I could never get comfortable on them.

A mate bought a brand new k series, 1200 I think, and abused the poor thing for years.
Never changed the oil, rode it like a maniac and even put it through a fence at 110kph.
After he came out of hospital we repairs it and got it back on the road.

The bloody thing never missed a beat.
I know of no other bike that could have survived the punishment he gave that poor bike.

He eventually replaced it with a R series, beautiful bike, but the vibration through the bars put me of for long rides..

One of my many bikes was a Yamaha ( something or other) trail bike, but get quickly found out that dirt roads, bikes and me don't mix well.
I have always been very comfortable on roads. Off roads, as you well know, do not play well with leaning bikes.
I lean bikes into corners, subsequently, I spent a lot of time picking the bloody thing up.

I also owned a scooter for 3 months, I was trying to save money and these things sip petrol very slightly.
Unfortunately, they also have the power of an asthmatic snail and I decided that it just wasn't worth it.

I also picked up an old postie bike for $150.00.
Had the greatest time while living in Sydney with it.
Had an absolute top speed of about 75kph, and was not real good at acceleration, but for some reason ( which I can't explain) it was just a fun bike to ride. Eventually the poor little motor packed it in and I sold it for $200.00 to a guy that rebuilt it and, as far as I know, still has it.

Ahhhhh, thems were the days.
I have a dream

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:23 pm
I have great respect for the old BMW.
But they were never for me, I could never get comfortable on them.

A mate bought a brand new k series, 1200 I think, and abused the poor thing for years.
Never changed the oil, rode it like a maniac and even put it through a fence at 110kph.
After he came out of hospital we repairs it and got it back on the road.

The bloody thing never missed a beat.
I know of no other bike that could have survived the punishment he gave that poor bike.

He eventually replaced it with a R series, beautiful bike, but the vibration through the bars put me of for long rides..

One of my many bikes was a Yamaha ( something or other) trail bike, but get quickly found out that dirt roads, bikes and me don't mix well.
I have always been very comfortable on roads. Off roads, as you well know, do not play well with leaning bikes.
I lean bikes into corners, subsequently, I spent a lot of time picking the bloody thing up.

I also owned a scooter for 3 months, I was trying to save money and these things sip petrol very slightly.
Unfortunately, they also have the power of an asthmatic snail and I decided that it just wasn't worth it.

I also picked up an old postie bike for $150.00.
Had the greatest time while living in Sydney with it.
Had an absolute top speed of about 75kph, and was not real good at acceleration, but for some reason ( which I can't explain) it was just a fun bike to ride. Eventually the poor little motor packed it in and I sold it for $200.00 to a guy that rebuilt it and, as far as I know, still has it.

Ahhhhh, thems were the days.
Trails bikes:

Now you mention it my only crash was on the trail bike, coming down a mountainous dirt road and fmd I locked up the front wheel..

Oops arse over head and an injured wrist

Had to struggle home sort of holding the throttle with a stuffed wrist.

:oops :oops :oops