$$ Buying Online $$

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
sprintcyclist

Re: $$ Buying Online $$

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:49 pm

lisa jones wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:20 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:06 pm
I've tried click and collect for Bunnings twice now but both times I was there for 30 minutes waiting for them to find my purchase. I ended up walking over and going through the storage cupboard thing with them so I could get out of there.

It's far quicker for me to just go in there now when I need something and I'll be going in early next week.
Click and collect at Bunnings has never been a good experience for me. The process was too slow and items were missing.

Re Bunnings ...get this: I was given a Bunnings gift card worth $50 for my birthday so I went online (during Covid19 lockdown) to use it online at Bunnings.

I was happily clicking away then when I got to the payment screen it would not accept the gift card.

So I called them (you know to confirm that I'm probably dumb and that's why I didn't understand their payment process using their gift card).

Turns out I wasn't dumb after all. The Bunnings Gift Card (it looks like those credit card thingy things) can't be used online. It must be physically handed over to an operator in store for THEM to use at their register.

Did you guys know about this?
That is not right.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:55 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:45 pm
Bobby wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:41 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:35 pm
It's only been a very recent occurrence that you can even order online from Bunnings. Click and Collect or delivery. They were way behind the times and probably haven't got it right yet.

My experience was painful lol.

Maybe you were just unlucky?
Try again and see what happens.
If not - can't you just go in and buy stuff?
I've tried C&C twice. Now I just go in and get what I want and get out again. I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had a sausage sizzle going. It was the first sausage in a piece of dried bread I have had in forever and thoroughly enjoyed it.

That's the way to go.
I find it very hard to choose things online.
I take measurements or the old part with me and
that helps to choose what I need.
I did that once with a broken door lock
and it was the only way to get it right.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:17 am

Bobby wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:55 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:45 pm
Bobby wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:41 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:35 pm
It's only been a very recent occurrence that you can even order online from Bunnings. Click and Collect or delivery. They were way behind the times and probably haven't got it right yet.

My experience was painful lol.

Maybe you were just unlucky?
Try again and see what happens.
If not - can't you just go in and buy stuff?
I've tried C&C twice. Now I just go in and get what I want and get out again. I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had a sausage sizzle going. It was the first sausage in a piece of dried bread I have had in forever and thoroughly enjoyed it.

That's the way to go.
I find it very hard to choose things online.
I take measurements or the old part with me and that helps to choose what I need.
I did that once with a broken door lock and it was the only way to get it right.
I think that is critically important . Take the old part with you, Take a photo of it at least.
Once I was looking for a new lid for a pan of mine. I took the pan to the shops.
Here is the weird bit. There were 2 X lids from different manufacturers in the shop, both marked '28 cm' .
One fitted and one did not !!!!!!!!!!!
If something HAS to fit or match, take the old one with you.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:20 am

Crikey. Some interesting experiences in here.

And a few good ideas (which I'm making a note of).

Sprint - sorry I just realised I should have stated I was trying to use a Bunnings e gift card voucher which you can't use online. Crazy I know. An e gift voucher sent to your email address but you can only use it in store. During Covid19 lockdown.

Makes perfect nonSENSE!

Note : Bunnings offer 2 types of gift cards. The physical green plastic credit card type ones and the e gift versions.

I remembered this morning it was the e gift voucher I was trying to use online but wasn't able to.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:19 pm

Among other things, I buy running shoes online, I have a search set up in gumtree/facebook something like, new asics 11 wrong and I get hits for ads where people have bought shoes online wrong size and can't return.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:42 pm

I have purchased quite a few things on line from toys and trinkets to serious car parts.

Only twice I have had a problem
Once when the slide copier died after the second use ( fully refunded)
Once when I got totally the wrong thing, seller wouldn't refund, but pay pal did.

Car parts, as long as you are very accurate and specific, no problem.
And it a fraction of a part purchased from other places.
Quality is also always good.

All comes down to research, research, research.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:22 pm

Valkie wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:42 pm
I have purchased quite a few things on line from toys and trinkets to serious car parts.

Only twice I have had a problem
Once when the slide copier died after the second use ( fully refunded)
Once when I got totally the wrong thing, seller wouldn't refund, but pay pal did.

Car parts, as long as you are very accurate and specific, no problem.
And it a fraction of a part purchased from other places.
Quality is also always good.

All comes down to research, research, research.
Thanks

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:18 am

Gordon wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:19 pm
Among other things, I buy running shoes online, I have a search set up in gumtree/facebook something like, new asics 11 wrong and I get hits for ads where people have bought shoes online wrong size and can't return.
Oooh very clever of you.

I might try that too for the boys.

Special note for everyone: Never buy cheap shoes for your feet. It just isn't worth it long term. Good decent shoes are the best investment you can make for your spinal health. If that means going online to hunt down a bargain then .... JUST DO IT <--- pun fully intended 😎
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:45 pm

lisa jones wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:18 am
Gordon wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:19 pm
Oooh very clever of you.

I might try that too for the boys.

Special note for everyone: Never buy cheap shoes for your feet. It just isn't worth it long term. Good decent shoes are the best investment you can make for your spinal health. If that means going online to hunt down a bargain then .... JUST DO IT <--- pun fully intended 😎

yes