BigP wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:52 am
Texan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:05 pm
BigP wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm
Texan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:10 pm
Covid is running rampant through my company. We have 50-60 employees in our national headquarters in the Dallas area. 18 are currently quarantining because they test positive for covid or have the symptoms and are soon getting tests. I needed to go to the office today and they were down to 3 people while everyone else is now working from home. I spoke on the phone with a coworker who I didn't know had it. He is in his mid 60s, with diabetes and heart issues. He's having a tough time with it, but is no longer in the hospital. I think everyone else is doing fine. My dispatcher is still working from home while sick and taking care of her grandbaby. Tough girl. I know of at least a dozen at the office who have already had the covid and recovered. When everybody heals, we should be pretty resilient.

For the most part, working people haven't received the vaccine unless they are medical staff or first responders. While my company is critical to infrastructure, we don't fit that category. Let's hope for at least local herd immunity.
I just cant relate to it Tex, I cant recall the last community case we have had in NZ , we are getting a few at the border but they are being contained in isolation , But it will only need one slip up for it to break out here
We are in 2 different worlds. Your world is denying people the right to live freely to protect the vulnerable and my world respects freedom to a greater degree and allows us to risk exposure and deal with some casualties. There are arguments for either approach, but I'm ok with my situation and my parents are able to exercise great caution and stay safe as long as we family members are careful not to screw them over with carelessness . My brother and I are on the same page and we've discussed with our parents our "rules " for seeing our parents. Ultimately, we want to respect their wishes as long as they can take care of themselves.
\

""We are in 2 different worlds. Your world is denying people the right to live freely to protect the vulnerable""

Not at all Tex, I have zero restrictions on my movements, I can do what i want, when I want, and go wherever I want,,
Sorry. I was under the impression that most Australians were limited to within 5km of their homes with mandatory contact tracing and no travel over state lines.
Im in New Zealand,,

Black Orchid

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:30 am

Texan wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:06 am
BigP wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:52 am
Texan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:05 pm
BigP wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm
Texan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:10 pm
Covid is running rampant through my company. We have 50-60 employees in our national headquarters in the Dallas area. 18 are currently quarantining because they test positive for covid or have the symptoms and are soon getting tests. I needed to go to the office today and they were down to 3 people while everyone else is now working from home. I spoke on the phone with a coworker who I didn't know had it. He is in his mid 60s, with diabetes and heart issues. He's having a tough time with it, but is no longer in the hospital. I think everyone else is doing fine. My dispatcher is still working from home while sick and taking care of her grandbaby. Tough girl. I know of at least a dozen at the office who have already had the covid and recovered. When everybody heals, we should be pretty resilient.

For the most part, working people haven't received the vaccine unless they are medical staff or first responders. While my company is critical to infrastructure, we don't fit that category. Let's hope for at least local herd immunity.
I just cant relate to it Tex, I cant recall the last community case we have had in NZ , we are getting a few at the border but they are being contained in isolation , But it will only need one slip up for it to break out here
We are in 2 different worlds. Your world is denying people the right to live freely to protect the vulnerable and my world respects freedom to a greater degree and allows us to risk exposure and deal with some casualties. There are arguments for either approach, but I'm ok with my situation and my parents are able to exercise great caution and stay safe as long as we family members are careful not to screw them over with carelessness . My brother and I are on the same page and we've discussed with our parents our "rules " for seeing our parents. Ultimately, we want to respect their wishes as long as they can take care of themselves.
""We are in 2 different worlds. Your world is denying people the right to live freely to protect the vulnerable""

Not at all Tex, I have zero restrictions on my movements, I can do what i want, when I want, and go wherever I want,,
Sorry. I was under the impression that most Australians were limited to within 5km of their homes with mandatory contact tracing and no travel over state lines.
No that was just one state, Victoria. I live in NSW and although masks have just become mandatory when shopping etc nothing much has changed for me. The states above and below me (Queensland and Victoria) keep opening and closing their borders though.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:34 am

Bobby wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:24 pm
Just heard ABC 2 news.

Australian vax to be given by end of March.

They have been saying the start of March 2021 for the last 3 months.
It's always delayed - always more time.
What's wrong with Australia -
the POMs have already immunised millions of people.

ScoMo should resign in disgrace.
Never trust the ABC. Today they are saying February ... like everyone else is.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:36 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:34 am
Bobby wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:24 pm
Just heard ABC 2 news.

Australian vax to be given by end of March.

They have been saying the start of March 2021 for the last 3 months.
It's always delayed - always more time.
What's wrong with Australia -
the POMs have already immunised millions of people.

ScoMo should resign in disgrace.
Never trust the ABC. Today they are saying February ... like everyone else is.

Yes - I heard that - the story is now changed to February but
no retraction or correction or apology for
what they said yesterday.
The ABC are a bunch of cowboys.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:12 pm

The South African strain is now in New Zealand. The infected woman visited 30 sites around Auckland before being detected. Travel restrictions are back and travel has been shut down between Oz and NZ again.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:12 pm
The South African strain is now in New Zealand. The infected woman visited 30 sites around Auckland before being detected. Travel restrictions are back and travel has been shut down between Oz and NZ for awhile.

God help us -
the virus could mutate faster than vaccines can be made.