New virus from shithole China

All things related to Coronavirus
The Reboot

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by The Reboot » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:35 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm
Amazing isn't it? Even Reboot who is critical of the ABC turns to, yes, the ABC to get her news. :rofl
Amazing, isn't it? I've stated elsewhere I don't trust any "news" to be unbiased. I also go to Sky News..

Tsk tsk. The mud is calling, back to the playground with you. So desperate to pick fights, a shame that a self proclaimed "intellectual" with a "Bas" in bullshit spends his time trolling rather than debate. :roll: :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:42 pm

They all have to get it right sometimes but that doesn't mean they aren't biased.

It's more balanced to get your news from across the board than to stick to the bias of only one outlet's narrow view.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:48 pm

I heard (Sky News) that nobody from Wuhan is allowed to leave the place, it has effectively been sealed off!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:48 pm
I heard (Sky News) that nobody from Wuhan is allowed to leave the place, it has effectively been sealed off!
Yes they locked it down 4 hours AFTER a direct flight to Sydney took off.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:33 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:17 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Ah. Stay away from crowded areas where the chinks congregate! They all look the same to me so you can't be sure where they came from or when they came. :rofl

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:42 pm
They all have to get it right sometimes but that doesn't mean they aren't biased.

It's more balanced to get your news from across the board than to stick to the bias of only one outlet's narrow view.
Not only that, but there's a context to this that goes beyond "HAHA u go to the ABC when u critisize it lolz".

The ABC has a charter that claims to be "trustworthy and unbiased". Myself, along with a couple of others, merely point out that this is a load of crap. There is a shit ton of evidence posted in the dedicated thread dedicated to the subject to support this, including my statement that I would sooner trust Master Light's YouTube videos than any news. The concept of "unbiased news reporting" is now a myth, despite being taught otherwise.

Brian is well aware of this, yet in his blatant hypocrisy, he's trying to disrupt discussion and bait people.

A couple of people on here claim they are "fed up" with the "denigration" of Brian, yet conveniently ignore the fact that he trolls and stifles discussion on a daily basis.

What does, apart from me posting an ABC article, this have to do with the topic? Nothing.

People elsewhere state that he's "unfairly picked on", and targeted upon by you unfairly.

Bullshit.

If anything, you are showing favouritism towards him because he continues to get away with this behaviour, apart from a slap on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf every now and then. What makes it even worse is he criticizes everybody else for doing it. What a joke.

If anybody should be punished or banned for constant baiting, flaming and ad hom, it's him.

But don't get me wrong, this isn't a complaint at your way of running things, or a request for him to be banned. People like him and Juliar make the place fun. :giggle

This is more a note for those who see Brian as a "victim".

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:47 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
They probably did that on purpose. Conquest by annihilation.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:51 pm

The Reboot wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:47 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me and if you need to avoid Chinese in Sydney, just in case, you would have to stay indoors permanently.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:51 pm
The Reboot wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:47 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me and if you need to avoid Chinese in Sydney, just in case, you would have to stay indoors permanently.
I'm lucky, I live in a sleepy beach town in WA with minimal "diversity". Take care of yourself, though. ;)

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Might need to get a mask like all the Chinese wear :lol:

One passenger quarantined in Sydney so far from that flight. :roll: