Nurses being abused by members of the public

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Redneck

Nurses being abused by members of the public

Post by Redneck » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:20 pm

I heard on the news today that Nurses are being abused by members of the public when in places like supermarkets dressed in their uniforms.

I gather they are being accused of being Cvirus carriers

They are being advised to wear civilian clothes when out in the public.

That is a friggin disgrace in my opinion, I would love to catch one doing it !

Trouble is I might end up in a physical fight!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-05/ ... c/12123216

brian ross

Re: Nurses being abused by members of the public

Post by brian ross » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:34 pm

Reminds me of the command for ADF personnel to not wear uniform in public after 11 September. Such a silly response. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:39 pm

That's horrible. In extraordinary times you can always trust people to act like jerks. VERY ethnic areas were mentioned.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:53 pm

hard to believe this.

Nurses are very good in normal times.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

cods

Post by cods » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:35 pm

and the police doing an unenviable job...a guy was fined for coughing over police when they arrested him and telling them he was positive.

A young man who coughed at a police officer after refusing to leave Bondi Beach has pleaded to be allowed to return to the scene, telling a court it is the resting place of his dead mum.

But Clayton Eade has now been banned from stepping foot east of Campbell Pde for the next three months after he was convicted for charges including resisting and intimidating police on Monday.

Eade, 21, appeared via video link before Central Local Court sporting the thick cast on his right arm which was seen during his dramatic arrest at the iconic beach about 10am on Sunday morning.

The man from Griffith in NSW’s Riverina region pleaded guilty to failing to comply with a council notice, failing to comply with a police order and the resist and intimidate charges.

In repeated outburst during his sentencing the expectant father bristled at the idea of being banned from visiting the famous stretch of sand.

“After my mother died … we spread her ashes at Bondi Beach,” he said. “It’s very close to my heart. I won’t go on the sand, I won’t break the law.

“Being able to see the ocean at Bondi, it reminds me of my mum.”

His lawyer Paul Johnson argued that Eade’s hand getting caught in the lining of his pocket may have exacerbated the appearance of resisting arrest.

Mr Johnson said the cough was not “fake” and that his client did not mean to frighten the officer.

“What? I don’t have coronavirus,” the court heard Eade said to police.

Magistrate Clare Farnan sentenced him to an eight-month intensive corrections order for facing and coughing at a Senior Constable from a range of “one to two metres”.

The court heard Eade had brushed off directions from lifeguards who spotted him walking on the sand of the closed beach, saying he would “wait for police” to force him to leave.

good to see the courts.. not accepting all these wanker excuses..