The road out of the pandemic

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Juliar

Re: The road out of the pandemic

Post by Juliar » Mon May 18, 2020 9:10 am

You are what you eat and drink.

The ultimate cure for the COVID-19 Virus ?

Boosting your immune system could help you survive the Coronavirus. Why isn’t the government talking about it?
BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 29, 2020

There are many fruits and vegetables, which we can all access, that scientific testing says fight viruses and so there would have to be a possibility they could save people’s lives during the Coronavirus pandemic. Yet the only things the government and media talk about are testing medicines that may or may not work and the hope of a vaccine that could be years away.

At the moment there is no cure for the Coronavirus so you should read this article and start thinking about changing your own diet today if it’s not a healthy and balanced diet. Because for some people that might be enough to save your life or at least minimise you spreading it to others.

I have changed my diet recently to make sure it is balanced with fruit and vegetables that I researched which are recommended for their ability to improve the immune system and also stop viruses multiplying. An example is an olive leaf which I never knew about until recently:

Olive leaf or Oleuropein is the perfect choice for boosting your immune system. It has been used for centuries to fight bacteria, viruses and inflammation.

Olive leaf comes from the leaves of the olive tree. Olives and olive oil also contain small amounts of oleuropein, one of the active ingredients, but the leaf contains the most. Olive leaf has many health promoting polyphenols including oleuropein. It also has antioxidants, anti-fungal properties, phytonutrients and sterols, all essential to reducing inflammation and fighting disease.

How can olive leaf help boost your immune system?

Olive leaf inactivates viruses and makes them incapable of replication, which then stops their growth allowing the body time to fight and destroy them. (Click here to read more)

Even Medibank Health Insurance has olive leaf on its website as a flu remedy:

Some of the bioactive phytochemicals in olive leaf extract, especially oleuropein, are said to enhance the immune system in multiple ways. Firstly, they may improve immune function by attacking the flu virus once symptoms are present. Additionally, the replication of viruses responsible for the common cold and flu may be interfered with by the bioactive phytochemicals in olive leaf extract. However, although there is some laboratory evidence for these effects, clinical evidence in humans is inconclusive. Olive leaf can be taken as a liquid concentrate, dried leaf tea, powder, or capsule. The leaf extracts can be taken in powder, liquid concentrate, or capsule form. (Click here to read more)

There is no guarantee that olive leaf works as Medibank says on their website but I think there is a good chance it might given everything that is written about it and as there is no remedy for the Coronavirus it’s worth a try. But it’s not the only fruit and vegetable you should be eating anyhow. I haven’t started eating olive leaf yet because I was already eating olives on a weekly basis in Greek salads and olives also contain oleuropein which is the key ingredient to fight viruses. I have now increased the number of olives I am eating. If I get any Coronavirus symptoms, I plan on buying the leaf extract then as well.

Even the doctors and scientist do not fully understand the Coronavirus but what is known is that it can kill people especially if they have a weak immune system. We also know the virus has flu-like symptoms but can escalate into severe pneumonia.

We know we can’t stop catching the flu and the government’s own statistics say a huge number of people will catch the Coronavirus. But what we should be doing if we do catch it is trying to stop it escalating into severe pneumonia and I believe that diet could be the answer. A good diet is also what likely explains why 80% of people who catch the Coronavirus only get mild symptoms.

We should be looking for 3 things. Firstly, foods that help boost the immune system which is well-known to help prevent the flu. Secondly, foods that fight or reduce viruses spreading in the body. Thirdly, given pneumonia is an “infection that causes inflammation in the air sacs in your lungs” we should be eating foods that are anti-inflammatory.

The types of foods we should be eating to boost the immune system are listed on numerous websites but many people in the public wouldn’t be giving it much thought. It’s like social distancing, unless it is driven by the government and media people ignore it.

My main issue is that the government and media are promoting a malaria drug and HIV drug as potential cures when they haven’t even been trialled yet. And also “the TGA warning that the drug and its derivatives “pose well-known serious risks to patients including cardiac toxicity potentially leading to sudden heart attacks, irreversible eye damage and severe depletion of blood sugar potentially leading to coma”. (Click here to read more)

Yet at the same time, the government and the Australian media are failing to advise the public that a good diet could possibly save their lives which I think is supported to some degree by the fact that 80% of people who contract the Coronavirus only get mild symptoms.

There have been some articles on your diet to help fight the Coronavirus by overseas media such at The Sun but I could find only two articles by Australian media, here and here, and I haven’t heard one politician raise the issue.

In the last few weeks, I have started drinking 500ml of orange juice daily, 250ml of V8 vegetable juice daily, an apple daily, one or 2 bananas daily, a salad or vegetables daily and I’m starting to feel a lot healthier for it.

I also found out during my research that broccoli and red capsicum are two of the best sources for vitamin C so I have started eating them weekly as well. My motivation for doing it is to boost my immune system so I don’t get the Coronavirus and if I do my body is in its best shape to fight it so I end up in the 80% of people who only get mild symptoms.

The point I am making with my diet is that you need to do the research yourself and find foods that you will eat that are good for your immune system.

We all have our different cures/diets we use when we get the flu but all the ones I have every tried never worked. But that doesn’t mean a good diet won’t stop the Coronavirus developing into severe pneumonia and that is what we should all be aiming for by eating well and boosting our immune system.

As a side note, I used to be a smoker for over 20 years and when I got the flu it would last 3 to 5 weeks with severe symptoms. Since I gave up smoking in November 2013 the few times I have caught a cold I have breezed through it with very mild symptoms. Smoking undermines your immune system in a big way so if you smoke you should think about giving up as soon as possible.

I decided to write this article because I believe if people who have a poor diet, change their diet, it will save lives. And diet is a topic that should front and centre for the politicians and media when discussing what people can do to fight the Coronavirus. The same as they continually tell us to wash our hands and to socially distance at press conferences and via government bads, but the politicians and media are failing to mention diet as they should.

Please use the Twitter, Facebook, email and the other buttons below and help promote this post.

Kangaroo Court of Australia is an independent website and is reliant on donations to keep publishing. If you would like to support the continuance of this site, please click on the button below to donate via PayPal or go to the donations page for other donation options.

https://kangaroocourtofaustralia.com/20 ... -about-it/

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed May 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Boosting your immune system could help you survive the Coronavirus. Why isn’t the government talking about it?
Not there responsibility! The correct question, is, why aren't the doctors talking about it?
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed May 20, 2020 2:06 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:26 pm
Not there responsibility! The correct question, is, why aren't the doctors talking about it?
Where's the money in that?

That will be the downfall of the world. Almost nobody in any government believes in doing the right thing. They are looking for money, power, and control. They are controlling when and where we can spend our money, go to church, make a living, and anybody who argues with them is being selfish and harming others.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed May 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:06 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:

That will be the downfall of the world. Almost nobody in any government believes in doing the right thing. They are looking for money, power, and control. They are controlling when and where we can spend our money, go to church, make a living, and anybody who argues with them is being selfish and harming others.
I notice that your Prez was prescribed hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and zinc as a precautionary measure, following his exposure to a person with the virus. His medical team did the right thing. I too am unimpressed with American politicians. Where are the centralist to tame all this extremism I am seeing on mainstream media? What is wrong with your media, Tex?
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:12 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:06 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:

I notice that your Prez was prescribed hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and zinc as a precautionary measure, following his exposure to a person with the virus. His medical team did the right thing. I too am unimpressed with American politicians. Where are the centralist to tame all this extremism I am seeing on mainstream media? What is wrong with your media, Tex?
They've sold their souls to the Democrat Party. Most of my friends ignore them. If I watch the news, it's the local news.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed May 20, 2020 11:37 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 pm

.......... They've sold their souls to the Democrat Party. Most of my friends ignore them. If I watch the news, it's the local news.
Good on your friends.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Juliar

Post by Juliar » Fri May 22, 2020 2:48 pm

SWEDEN HAS HIGHEST CORONAVIRUS DEATH RATE IN EUROPE
By Harry Richardson -May 22, 20202915

Swedish Covid 19 lockdown or rather unlockdown!!!

The Covid 19 pandemic is a story still being written. No one expected this virus – I think even the Chinese were surprised.

Naturally, different leaders have reacted in slightly different ways. Sooner or later, however, most of them were closing borders, enforcing lockdowns, social distancing – you know the drill.

There was one Western nation, however, that bucked the trend. That country was Sweden.

Sweden refused to lock down its economy. It remained open for business and just implemented simple measures like social distancing, hand washing and so forth.

So, how is this working out for them? Well, this last week, Sweden had the highest per capita death rate in the world. On the surface then, it looks like they made a fatal mistake.

The Australian breathlessly ran the headline, “Sweden out in the cold with Europe’s highest death rate”

But before we get too excited, let’s look at the figures involved as reported in that article.

“Sweden averaged 6.25 deaths a day per million people over the past week. Britain averaged 5.75 deaths a day per million, Belgium 4.6, France 3.49, and Italy 3.”

Now before you start pointing fingers at the Swedes, be aware that this is the first time that the Swedish death rates have overtaken these other countries.

Overall, deaths in Sweden are much lower so they have some catching up to do.

Whether they will eventually have more or less deaths is unsure, but I suspect the difference won’t be great.

If you remember, at the start of the pandemic, the big worry was that hospitals would be overwhelmed.

This hasn’t happened in Sweden, or many other places other than Northern Italy.

There are probably many other factors to be taken into account too, such as population density, average age, climate and general health etc.

But let’s just take those figures on face value.

Let’s assume that Britain has saved one life per two million people during the course of the pandemic by shutting down much of its economy. Let’s assume this will continue for one year.

Let’s also assume, because it seems to be the case, that the people saved will have an average age of around 80 years old.

I know some people will argue that that shouldn’t be significant, but since most of us will die around 80 years old anyway, I would argue that it is.

If God himself were to offer me a choice of ten extra years starting as an 80 year old or one extra year as a 21 year old, I know which one I would be taking.

Now let’s ask the question, “at what cost did Britain and the rest of the world, save those one lives per two million people?

The cost has been a massive destruction of economic activity. In particular, the small business sector has been devastated.

Many small businesses will go into liquidation. Many more will be in serious debt or financial strife.

The levels of stress for small business owners will be extraordinary. Many of them will lose their houses. Some will likely suicide. Some will suffer health effects which may eventually prove fatal.

These “lockdown deaths” will never be counted. They will never be broadcast on the TV.

Neither will the deaths of people who missed Cancer appointments or non-elective surgery which lead to complications down the track.

Money which isn’t being earned today will not be spent tomorrow either.

Road blackspots will not be fixed, hospitals will not be upgraded, cars will not be serviced.

All of these will lead to deaths. We will never know how many, but it is safe to assume that it will be many times greater than one in two million.

Keeping sensible policies like hand washing and social distancing where possible is a no brainer. But we need to reopen the economy now, before the lockdown causes more death and suffering than the pandemic.

Doctors are taught a very important maxim when they begin their training. It is, “Do no harm.”

If the cure is worse than the ailment, a doctor is duty bound to not proceed.

Politicians need to take a leaf out of the medical journals and end the lockdown now.

https://richardsonpost.com/harryrichard ... -escalate/

Victor Sunny

Post by Victor Sunny » Sun May 24, 2020 6:22 am

The big reasons Australia can avoid massive infection are less density of population, far away from US, and social distancing in place.

Far east countries can control the virus. The differences with westerns are far away from US, discovered cases earlier, social distancing in place, wearing masks, less hug and kiss in general.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun May 24, 2020 3:56 pm

Victor Sunny wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:22 am
The big reasons Australia can avoid massive infection are less density of population, far away from US, and social distancing in place.

Far east countries can control the virus. The differences with westerns are far away from US, discovered cases earlier, social distancing in place, wearing masks, less hug and kiss in general.
I think many factors helped us suppress this virus so far.

1/Being a remote island.
2/ Having a medical profession that a made good decisions.
3/ We have a few weeks advance warning as compared to Europe.
4/Politicians made good decisions.
5/ Most of the population followed the directives.
6/ Our season was summer/autumn which naturally kills viruses.
7/ Having a dispersed population.

If Australia was in Europe, we would most likely have the results they had.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon May 25, 2020 6:01 am

Juliar wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:48 pm
SWEDEN HAS HIGHEST CORONAVIRUS DEATH RATE IN EUROPE
By Harry Richardson -May 22, 20202915

Swedish Covid 19 lockdown or rather unlockdown!!!

The Covid 19 pandemic is a story still being written. No one expected this virus – I think even the Chinese were surprised.

Naturally, different leaders have reacted in slightly different ways. Sooner or later, however, most of them were closing borders, enforcing lockdowns, social distancing – you know the drill.

There was one Western nation, however, that bucked the trend. That country was Sweden.

Sweden refused to lock down its economy. It remained open for business and just implemented simple measures like social distancing, hand washing and so forth.

So, how is this working out for them? Well, this last week, Sweden had the highest per capita death rate in the world. On the surface then, it looks like they made a fatal mistake.

The Australian breathlessly ran the headline, “Sweden out in the cold with Europe’s highest death rate”

But before we get too excited, let’s look at the figures involved as reported in that article.

“Sweden averaged 6.25 deaths a day per million people over the past week. Britain averaged 5.75 deaths a day per million, Belgium 4.6, France 3.49, and Italy 3.”

Now before you start pointing fingers at the Swedes, be aware that this is the first time that the Swedish death rates have overtaken these other countries.

Overall, deaths in Sweden are much lower so they have some catching up to do.

Whether they will eventually have more or less deaths is unsure, but I suspect the difference won’t be great.

If you remember, at the start of the pandemic, the big worry was that hospitals would be overwhelmed.

This hasn’t happened in Sweden, or many other places other than Northern Italy.

There are probably many other factors to be taken into account too, such as population density, average age, climate and general health etc.

But let’s just take those figures on face value.

Let’s assume that Britain has saved one life per two million people during the course of the pandemic by shutting down much of its economy. Let’s assume this will continue for one year.

Let’s also assume, because it seems to be the case, that the people saved will have an average age of around 80 years old.

I know some people will argue that that shouldn’t be significant, but since most of us will die around 80 years old anyway, I would argue that it is.

If God himself were to offer me a choice of ten extra years starting as an 80 year old or one extra year as a 21 year old, I know which one I would be taking.

Now let’s ask the question, “at what cost did Britain and the rest of the world, save those one lives per two million people?

The cost has been a massive destruction of economic activity. In particular, the small business sector has been devastated.

Many small businesses will go into liquidation. Many more will be in serious debt or financial strife.

The levels of stress for small business owners will be extraordinary. Many of them will lose their houses. Some will likely suicide. Some will suffer health effects which may eventually prove fatal.

These “lockdown deaths” will never be counted. They will never be broadcast on the TV.

Neither will the deaths of people who missed Cancer appointments or non-elective surgery which lead to complications down the track.

Money which isn’t being earned today will not be spent tomorrow either.

Road blackspots will not be fixed, hospitals will not be upgraded, cars will not be serviced.

All of these will lead to deaths. We will never know how many, but it is safe to assume that it will be many times greater than one in two million.

Keeping sensible policies like hand washing and social distancing where possible is a no brainer. But we need to reopen the economy now, before the lockdown causes more death and suffering than the pandemic.

Doctors are taught a very important maxim when they begin their training. It is, “Do no harm.”

If the cure is worse than the ailment, a doctor is duty bound to not proceed.

Politicians need to take a leaf out of the medical journals and end the lockdown now.

https://richardsonpost.com/harryrichard ... -escalate/
How is Sweden doing with "herd immunity"? Once this spreads to most of the population, the new infection rates and death rates will go down. They may be on the downhill of the curve while the rest of Europe is looking forward to a second wave of infections when they open up their economies.