Coronavirus - how to cope with fear

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Redneck

Re: Coronavirus - how to cope with fear

Post by Redneck » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:03 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:59 pm
Texan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:13 pm
Mrs Texan is back in the hospital. We went to a different hospital and she is getting much better care. She did test positive for the china virus. Her blood oxygen is at 86%. She is getting antibiotics, zinc, and something else in her IV. She is also on oxygen. She hasn't even made it to her room yet, so I don't know many details yet. I can't go up there, unless maybe if I test negative in the morning. My son and I are being tested.

My blood oxygen has been 94%ish for the last couple of days. It is back at 98% now.
That is not good, Tex.... On the up side, being female and not old , means her odds are very good. Wishing her the very best... and to you too
Me too Tex! :thumb

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:45 pm

Texan wrote:
Mrs Texan is back in the hospital. We went to a different hospital and she is getting much better care. She did test positive for the china virus. Her blood oxygen is at 86%. She is getting antibiotics, zinc, and something else in her IV. She is also on oxygen. She hasn't even made it to her room yet, so I don't know many details yet. I can't go up there, unless maybe if I test negative in the morning. My son and I are being tested.

My blood oxygen has been 94%ish for the last couple of days. It is back at 98% now.
The best of wishes to you all, Tex.

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:47 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:59 pm
Texan wrote:

That is not good, Tex.... On the up side, being female and not old , means her odds are very good. Wishing her the very best... and to you too
Thank you, all. I'd be a lot happier if she were 20 and not almost 50. (And you know what I mean by that, BigP.)

Her blood oxygen saturation is back up in the upper 90s.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Hows the missus going Tex?

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Redneck wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:27 pm
We are thinking that she has something in her GI system that is driving her fever up and causing the nausea. Her breathing and oxygen levels are fine, but with the covid diagnosis, they can't wheel her all over the hospital for specialized tests. They are concerned that if they pump her full of fluids to get rid of the dehydration and nausea that she will put fluid into her lungs and make the minor case of pneumonia a major case. They are giving her nausea meds and fever reducers until they come up with a plan. She is on antibiotics for the pneumonia and getting potassium and zinc in her drip. She may have to wait until she is covid free to determine what is causing the nausea, dehydration, and fever. She was feeling pretty decent at dinner time and we video chatted for over an hour.

That's going to be strange if she also has gallbladder issues. I just had mine out 2 months ago.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:47 pm

Texan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:36 pm
Redneck wrote:
We are thinking that she has something in her GI system that is driving her fever up and causing the nausea. Her breathing and oxygen levels are fine, but with the covid diagnosis, they can't wheel her all over the hospital for specialized tests. They are concerned that if they pump her full of fluids to get rid of the dehydration and nausea that she will put fluid into her lungs and make the minor case of pneumonia a major case. They are giving her nausea meds and fever reducers until they come up with a plan. She is on antibiotics for the pneumonia and getting potassium and zinc in her drip. She may have to wait until she is covid free to determine what is causing the nausea, dehydration, and fever. She was feeling pretty decent at dinner time and we video chatted for over an hour.

That's going to be strange if she also has gallbladder issues. I just had mine out 2 months ago.
Mmm sounds scary!

How did you and your son go with the tests?

BTW I have been asked to pass on their best wishes to you and Mrs Tex from the Mad Monks Forum mob!

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm

Redneck wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:47 pm
Texan wrote:
Redneck wrote:

Mmm sounds scary!

BTW I have been asked to pass on their best wishes to you and Mrs Tex from the Mad Monks Forum mob!
Thank you. Seth Bullock has been reaching out to me. My son and I both tested negative. My returning fever was bronchitis. My antibiotics have eliminated the fever and my cough is getting better. Since Mrs Texan could be coming home in a day or two to isolate in the master suite, we have been cleaning house and planning meals. Our church family will be bringing us meals once Mrs Texan comes home. I don't see how people get by without friends.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Texan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm
Redneck wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:47 pm
Texan wrote:
Redneck wrote:

Mmm sounds scary!

Thank you. Seth Bullock has been reaching out to me. My son and I both tested negative. My returning fever was bronchitis. My antibiotics have eliminated the fever and my cough is getting better. Since Mrs Texan could be coming home in a day or two to isolate in the master suite, we have been cleaning house and planning meals. Our church family will be bringing us meals once Mrs Texan comes home. I don't see how people get by without friends.
Yeah agree, makes you realise who your real friends are!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:53 pm

Texan wrote:
Redneck wrote:

I hope she gets over it quickly, Tex. Poor thing I really feel for her. For all of you!

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:44 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:53 pm
Texan wrote:
Redneck wrote:

I hope she gets over it quickly, Tex. Poor thing I really feel for her. For all of you!
Yes, all the best
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.