Coronavirus - how to cope with fear

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Texan

Re: Coronavirus - how to cope with fear

Post by Texan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:10 am

Maybe I've had less sense than most. I haven't worried about this disease at all, even after my son got it. The mortality rate is about 1% and its heavily weighted against the vulnerable. If you are vulnerable, take every precaution necessary. My concern has been mainly to protect my parents and I also stay away from my wife's mother and nephew. He is type 1 diabetic. For a healthy person, this disease is no worse than a cold. My son, on day 10, was out mowing the lawn yesterday. I may finish today. He ran out of daylight. I'm on day 8 of covid symptoms and I'm a moderately overweight 53 year old.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:28 am

Texan wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:10 am
Maybe I've had less sense than most. I haven't worried about this disease at all, even after my son got it. The mortality rate is about 1% and its heavily weighted against the vulnerable. If you are vulnerable, take every precaution necessary. My concern has been mainly to protect my parents and I also stay away from my wife's mother and nephew. He is type 1 diabetic. For a healthy person, this disease is no worse than a cold. My son, on day 10, was out mowing the lawn yesterday. I may finish today. He ran out of daylight. I'm on day 8 of covid symptoms and I'm a moderately overweight 53 year old.

So you've been tested and you've got it?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:00 am

Sydneysiders fleeing COVID hotspots for safer areas. The COVID-19 pandemic is making residents in red zones pack up and leave to safer areas with some once favourite suburbs no longer as popular as they were. Search and see if it’s near you.
I can't open the Telegraph as it is pay walled. Anyway. People should just bloody well STAY AT HOME!!!! Rather than move to a "safer place" taking their germs with them. God, people are stupid!

:mad

Texan

Post by Texan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:05 pm

Bobby wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:28 am
Texan wrote:

No. I'm on quarantine since the day my symptoms started anyway because of my son. Since I am quarantining and don't need medical help, I'm assuming I'm positive and my son's quarantine is also mine. I didn't want to create a panic at my work by getting a positive test now and someone deciding that I now have to quarantine for another 2 weeks when my symptoms have already passed.

The logistics of quarantining in one house with sick and healthy people and avoiding cross contamination is near impossible, but we are doing it so far. My fear is that my wife or other son will come down with it at the end of our quarantine and start the whole thing all over.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:13 pm

Texan wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:05 pm
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

No. I'm on quarantine since the day my symptoms started anyway because of my son. Since I am quarantining and don't need medical help, I'm assuming I'm positive and my son's quarantine is also mine. I didn't want to create a panic at my work by getting a positive test now and someone deciding that I now have to quarantine for another 2 weeks when my symptoms have already passed.

The logistics of quarantining in one house with sick and healthy people and avoiding cross contamination is near impossible, but we are doing it so far. My fear is that my wife or other son will come down with it at the end of our quarantine and start the whole thing all over.
But surely you need to get a test?

Texan

Post by Texan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:19 pm

Bobby wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:13 pm
Texan wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:05 pm
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

But surely you need to get a test?
If I do, it will be after it the China Virus is gone and the test will come back negative. I want to be responsible, but I don't want unnecessary drama.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:25 pm

I hope Mrs Texan is home now and doing better.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:25 pm

"From now, there will be no exercise, if you are supposed to be isolating at home. You will need to stay in your home or on your property. Fresh air at the front door. Fresh air in your front yard or backyard or opening a window,” he said.
The only exemption to the new rule is to seek urgent medical care, Mr Andrews said.
“You must stay at home. There is simply no alternative. This thing is so wildly infectious. If you've got it and you go out, you're almost certainly spreading it,” he said."
NEW rules for Melbourne.....
Jawol Herr Kommandant....
"We know from overseas experience that these type of measures will work. We've seen it in other parts of Europe, in the earlier phase this year [and] we have seen it in previous pandemics,” Dr Bartone told Today."
"In previous pandemics..."
Bullshit...
Someone show me where lockdowns were implemented in previous pandemics..... :giggle
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Mrs Texan is back in the hospital. We went to a different hospital and she is getting much better care. She did test positive for the china virus. Her blood oxygen is at 86%. She is getting antibiotics, zinc, and something else in her IV. She is also on oxygen. She hasn't even made it to her room yet, so I don't know many details yet. I can't go up there, unless maybe if I test negative in the morning. My son and I are being tested.

My blood oxygen has been 94%ish for the last couple of days. It is back at 98% now.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:59 pm

Texan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:13 pm
Mrs Texan is back in the hospital. We went to a different hospital and she is getting much better care. She did test positive for the china virus. Her blood oxygen is at 86%. She is getting antibiotics, zinc, and something else in her IV. She is also on oxygen. She hasn't even made it to her room yet, so I don't know many details yet. I can't go up there, unless maybe if I test negative in the morning. My son and I are being tested.

My blood oxygen has been 94%ish for the last couple of days. It is back at 98% now.
That is not good, Tex.... On the up side, being female and not old , means her odds are very good. Wishing her the very best... and to you too
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."