Worse than Delta

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Nom De Plume

Worse than Delta

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:37 am

A “doomsday” Covid variant has been detected in South Africa – and there are warnings it is worse than the Delta variant.

A new preprint study by South Africa’s National Institute for Communicable Diseases warns the new variant has “mutated substantially” and is more mutations away from the original virus detected in Wuhan than any other variant previously detected.

The new variant, known as C. 1.2, first emerged in South Africa but has also been detected in England, China, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mauritius, New Zealand, Portugal and Switzerland.

It could pose challenges to the first generation of vaccines. Scientists say it’s also possible that people in the United Kingdom who were infected with the earlier variants could be vulnerable to reinfection.

Epidemiologist Dr Eric Feigl-Ding said the research suggested the new variant has “mutated substantially” and is more mutations away from the original virus than any other variant detected so far worldwide”.

“What does that mean? It means that C12 variant has somehow mutated so fast and far that it is now the furthest mutated variant found to date. It has mutated the greatest genetic distance from the original Wuhan 1.0 strain – and implies potential troubles for 1.0 vaccines,’’ he said.

“It gets worse with C12. It has a 1.7x to 1.8x faster mutation rate than the average of all other variants. The authors note this coincides with the emergence pattern of other really bad VOC variants.

“Consider this a hurricane warning on the next potential variant.”

While the new study is yet to be peer-reviewed, experts say the discovery underlines the risks of abandoning the basics of infection control.

That means things like washing your hands, social distancing and possibly even the use of masks among the vaccinated will continue to be a frontline defence for some time to come.

Genetic variants of SARS-CoV-2 are not new. They have been emerging and circulating around the world throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 20vaccines.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Bobby

Re: Worse than Delta

Post by Bobby » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:03 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:37 am
A “doomsday” Covid variant has been detected in South Africa –
and there are warnings it is worse than the Delta variant.
I'm worried.

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:27 pm

The next variant will always be worse than the previous. It's the way of fear mongering in the plandemic.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:32 pm

Texan wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:27 pm
The next variant will always be worse than the previous.
It's the way of fear mongering in the plandemic.

The virus mutated -
it's far more contagious, it attacks young people as well,
it's more deadly.

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:49 pm

Bobby wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:32 pm
Texan wrote:

The virus mutated -
it's more deadly.
That's what they say. It could be true, but it may only be fear mongering to encourage the shot. I find it odd that they want to FORCE everybody to get the shot, even if they may already have natural immunity. I'd probably have taken the vaccine if they weren't pushing it so hard. Now I'm a skeptic.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:55 pm

Texan wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:49 pm
Bobby wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:32 pm
Texan wrote:

The virus mutated -
it's more deadly.
That's what they say. It could be true, but it may only be fear mongering to encourage the shot. I find it odd that they want to FORCE everybody to get the shot, even if they may already have natural immunity. I'd probably have taken the vaccine if they weren't pushing it so hard. Now I'm a skeptic.
This article agrees with you:

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defe ... 99ea641ee3

08/30/21

COVID ›

Fully Vaccinated With Pfizer? You’re 6 to 13 Times More Likely to Get Delta
Than Someone With Natural Immunity, Study Says

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:06 pm

Africa......

Say no more.

No one should be allowed to come from there to Australia.

Of course, this means that our grubberment will start bringing them in soon.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:10 pm

The answers were both cautiously reassuring and disconcertingly unsatisfying. The “doomsday scenario,” in which a variant is completely resistant to antibodies and remains highly transmissible, is unlikely, said Arjun Rustagi, an infectious disease fellow at Stanford. But beyond that, many experts were wary about guessing.

This virus has a massive genome. There’s still room for it to play, and it’s really hard to make predictions on where it’s going to go,” Dr. Catherine Blish, an infectious disease expert and Rustagi’s mentor, said Wednesday during Stanford grand rounds, an educational panel for medical students and physicians.

In an interview earlier, she was more bluntly averse to making a prediction. “We have no idea what’s going to happen next. It’s hard to imagine it can get much more transmissible than it is with delta,” she said. “But the only consistency of these past almost two years of pandemic is how often I’ve been wrong.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/arti ... 386430.php

A couple of weeks ago they were saying a doomsday variant was unlikely. I guess it depends on what you read and whom you believe but the truth is they are flying blind and that is why I absolutely do not like the idea of forced vaccinations .

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:57 pm

You never know how it will mutate. It depends on how skilled the Chinese scientists are at gain of function testing. They could be generating and releasing variants all over the world now and we would just think it was mutating naturally.