New Covid treatment pill reduces hospitalisation/death

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Redneck

New Covid treatment pill reduces hospitalisation/death

Post by Redneck » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:42 am

Merck says its new Covid pill reduces the risk of hospitalization, death by half for some patients

Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics said Friday they’ve developed a drug that reduces the risk of hospitalization or death by around 50% for patients with mild or moderate cases of Covid.

The companies plan to seek emergency authorization for the antiviral Covid treatment after the medicine showed “compelling results” in clinical trials.

The drug, molnupiravir, is administered orally and works by inhibiting the replication of the coronavirus inside the body.

An interim analysis of a phase 3 study found that 7.3% of patients treated with molnupiravir were hospitalized within 29 days. Of the patients who received a placebo, 14.1% were hospitalized or died by day 29. No deaths were reported in patients who were given molnupiravir within the 29-day period, while eight deaths were reported in placebo-treated patients.

“The news of the efficacy of this particular antiviral is obviously very good news,” White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said at a Covid briefing Friday. “The company, when they briefed us last night, had mentioned that they will be submitting their data to the FDA imminently.”

“The FDA will look at the data and in their usual, very efficient and effective way, will examine the data as quickly as they possibly can, and then it will be taken from there,” Fauci said.

All 775 trial participants had laboratory-confirmed symptomatic Covid-19 and were randomly given molnupiravir or a placebo within five days of symptoms.

Read it all here

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/01/merck-t ... tment.html

Black Orchid

Re: New Covid treatment pill reduces hospitalisation/death

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:00 am

Whilst this is a good thing it also shows how corrupt big pharma and politics really is. Merck rejected Ivermectin as a Covid treatment because there was no money in it for them. Ivermectin is Merck's own drug and it sells for next to nothing.

So in June Merck, instead of doing trials on Ivermectin, entered into a procurement agreement to develop a brand new drug for which they'll receive $1.2 billion to supply approximately 1.7 million courses of Molnupiravir to the US government.

Ivermectin and Molnupiravir contain most of the same molecular qualities. Life saving dose of Ivermectin $26. Molnupiravir $700. Follow the money.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:43 pm

So is Ivermectin being administered to save lives?

If not why not?

I know they used it on Trump which is rather sad......I wish the fluffy bunny was let die!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:09 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:43 pm
So is Ivermectin being administered to save lives?

If not why not?

I know they used it on Trump which is rather sad......I wish the fluffy bunny was let die!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
:roll:

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:39 am

You do realise.

Covid is a virus.
The PEOPLE have been telling us for years that they cant cure viruses.

Hmmmmm

Could they have been lying to us??????
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Baronvonrort

Post by Baronvonrort » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:21 am

India were doing a trial with this drug for Merk they withdrew from it because it doesn't work very well.